Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2010
By: Griffchon Monster Hunter 44 posts

Release Maps of the bases.

9 replies 32 views Edited Feb 4, 2010
I would love Maps pic of the bases and whatnot.  As far as domination goes (what I've played most of so far) I can think of several plans of attack and defense and I would love a map to point out what each squad should do to maximize your bases strong points and weakness.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Re: Release Maps of the bases.

Feb 4, 2010

Part of me would love to see overhead shots of the battlefield availabe for download (either in game or on your PC).

Then there's the other part of me wondering if this would take some of the fun out of the game.  To me learning new routes through exploration is half the fun.  If the defenders in a match have a map of their ENTIRE field, then they can appropriately disperse their units to block the lesser known routes which would lead to a stalemate in the match.

Maybe I'm just worrying too much.  Who knows.  

0 Likes
Fender Bender
4187 posts

Feb 4, 2010

Lobo146 wrote:

Part of me would love to see overhead shots of the battlefield availabe for download (either in game or on your PC).

Then there's the other part of me wondering if this would take some of the fun out of the game.  To me learning new routes through exploration is half the fun.  If the defenders in a match have a map of their ENTIRE field, then they can appropriately disperse their units to block the lesser known routes which would lead to a stalemate in the match.

Maybe I'm just worrying too much.  Who knows.  

I think getting overhead shots of these maps are important. Sure, most have memorized what they can for their own routes for attacking/ defending, but in real life the military would never conduct operations of an area without a map of the place. The recon drones get sent out to pick up enemy emplacements and other things of importance. 

We should have the ability to plan our missions based on an actual map of the area.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Feb 4, 2010

I emailed zipper a week ago requesting a map pack SS of all the maps from each game mode, each pmc. For my purpose of use with them.  I havent heard anything back from them at all.  

Back in my PC Counter strike days, we had a program called CSSTRAT.  It was a program you could layout routes for the team to take, nade stacks, smokes, bomb plants, and so much more.  Pretty kewl in my opinion and MAG could really make good use out of something like this.  If I could get the MAPS, I could write the program.  It would take a few days and nights, but it could be done and offer mag players a whole new perspective of game play with more orchestrated attacks as well as defenses.  It worked well for our team in CS, I could only imagine the levels MAG would take it to. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFwdABfMn40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj1MjABVmso&feature=related

and my personal movie I made from the cs days.  its nothing fancy. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p6cszwCX9Y

ahhh the good ol days of 5v5 fps.  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
892 posts

Feb 5, 2010
This is on the to do list; it's release date is TBA. Probably want to make sure they don't need to do any map adjustments.
Message Edited by thegreedyturtle on 02-04-2010 10:29 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Feb 5, 2010

I am also looking for overhead map views. 

In the beta we used to be able to take screenshots with the PS3.  You could just hit select and bring up the Tac Map and take a screenshot.  Could only do one platoon area at a time if you wanted enough detail.  However it looks like they elimnated the screenshot feature for final release.

I think I do have all of the acquisition maps on my PS3 still. 

I think I might just be good enough to figure out how to beat myself!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
892 posts

Feb 5, 2010
Could you only take screens of the tac map?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4187 posts

Feb 5, 2010

thegreedyturtle wrote:
This is on the to do list; it's release date is TBA. Probably want to make sure they don't need to do any map adjustments.
Message Edited by thegreedyturtle on 02-04-2010 10:29 PM

I just got confirmation of this. It's on the to do list.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Feb 5, 2010

thegreedyturtle wrote:
Could you only take screens of the tac map?

No you could take a screen shot of whatever was on the screen at the time but you had to go out to the XMB to do it.  It took a little while, so you weren't going to get action shots of you mowing down 5 enemies.

I think I might just be good enough to figure out how to beat myself!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
892 posts

Feb 5, 2010
That's fine, I just want to get shots of positions ect.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes