Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 12 2011
By: Kafei64 First Son 8 posts

Sensor Jammer question-

11 replies 82 views Edited Jul 12, 2011

Does the sensor jammer fully upgraded keep you from appearing on the CNI when you run?

Also, what does upgrading  the suppressor do exactly, is it some sort of counter for the

acoustic locator or can your enemy see you firing while you have a suppressor equiped if your close to them?

Message 1 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3154 posts

Re: Sensor Jammer question-

Jul 12, 2011

The Sensor Jammer fully upgraded means you're invisible on the CNI map, Upgrading Supressors work in the same way, but an Acoustic Locator will pick you up for a short amount of time.

Message 2 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Jul 13, 2011

Doesn't the acoustic locator reveal you to the map only if you fire your weapon? Motion sensors reveal you to the cni even when running and it beeeps..

Message 3 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 13, 2011

Another question-

Will upgraded movement speed in the

athleticism tree affect the speed I can move before the SJ cannot hide my motion?

Message 4 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Jul 14, 2011

I don't think so. I use light armor and max my movement, and I can sprint up behind a group leaving a spawn and knife them all without anyone turning around. IDK about people with MDs though, there's so little around that it could have been that one odd guy that turned around simply noticed that the blue-dots behind him are turning grey one at a time...

ALs upgrades work on distance, not duration or effectivness. It takes two points on AL to get to SJ, so I throw that last point in and take a AL with me on my killing loadouts. I can pick up a weapon, silenced or not from across the map on suppresion, and it gives me more bullet warnings from greater distances. For the 2c required to take it, an AL is a good option if you've already upgraded your SJ.

Upgrading your supressor works two ways I think, possibly three. First, it'll fool ALs from closer distances. Second, it decreases the distance from which someone gets those grey arrows. Third, (not sure about this one) it changes the sound emitted by the host weapon, no combat value aside from different tone...

I mostly don't use a supressor aside from my pistol, and that's just to take up extra c. An SJ will cover you on the map anyways, so the only warnings you give them are from the grey/yellow/red arrows once I fire, and without the decreased accuracy from a supressor it's more likely to be a red arrow.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 14, 2011

A SJ cancels the need for a suppressor?

Message 6 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Jul 14, 2011

You won't show up on the tac-map, but there'll be grey arrows for your enemies to see.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Jul 15, 2011

acoustic locator will track your movements from between 4 - 8 seconds depending on how much they/or you have invested into the 1st 3 spec ops skills (tracking skills or something like that i can't remember exactly). acoustic locator will pick you up even if you have a suppressor on unless you have the suppressor skills maxed and/or SJ skills maxed and as phantom said SJ w/ max skills makes you invisible.

edit: and in order for the AL to pick you up you have to be shooting your weapon.

Message 8 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Jul 15, 2011

you can have full movement and sprint speed if and only if you max out SJ skills, and for your 2nd question you will show up on the map if you have a SJ w/o a suppressor (when shooting) but will quickly disappear in 1 - 2 seconds but its enough for a vet player to find you and kill you.

spec ops skills

the first 3 spec ops skills (tracking duration) effect only acoustic locator and motion sensor (works with vehicle awareness skill as well).

acoustic locator skills yes they effect distance of hearing sorry if i didn't make that clear earlyer they also pick up people that have suppressors but with no suppressor skills .

suppressor skills as Mr_Moonster said they fool ALs also they increase accuracy very slightly not enough to make a big difference but enough so that you can take someone out at a decent range.

sensor jammer skills lvl 1 and 2 effect the speed in which you can run and lvl 3 adds the SJ ability to nearby squadmates i believe

motion sensor skills just add distance of sensing and lvl 3 gives the sensor info to nearby squadmates.

but a thing to note about MS is that SJ > MS so if someone has a SJ your MS is useless

and lastly not really related to this thread but ill put it in anyway the mine detector skills

lvl 1 gives you the ability to see mines claymores and AT mines also increases distance of detection

lvl 2 gives you the ability to crawl past mines w/o detonating them also increases distance of detection

lvl 3 gives you the ability to crouch past mines w/o detonating them also increases distance of detection

hope that helps :3

Message 9 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jul 15, 2011

NO!

EVEN THOUGH: LV.3 SENSOR JAMMER (SJ) > LV.3 MOTION SENSOR (MS)

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/   Run long enough and LV.3 MS < LV.3 MS  \/\/\/\/\/\/\/

******  IF YOU HAVE THE IMPROVED RUNNING SKILLS where you can run for a LONG time if you choose to run the entire time, you may be detected when running. BUT ONLY by players wearing LV.3 Motion Sensors.   ******

This is a Fact, I've tested it myself  with friends in other factions.

http://www.magleaderboards.com

SVER - Warzone Warriors

VALOR - WraithSahdowGuard

RAVEN - NO CLAN
Message 10 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes