Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 16 2010
By: wolf71288 Sackboy 493 posts

Sniper Techniques

61 replies 571 views Edited Oct 16, 2010

here is some techniques used by the military :smileyvery-happy:

1. Leading your target - this technique is what most people will prolly try to use, basically you follow your target with the crosshairs in front of where your walking or running target is because your target is moving and you are prolly quite a distance away so it will take some time for the bullet to get down range. Hopefully your bullet and the target intercept and the red hit indicator will light up. (hard to pull off)

2. Ambushing your target - this technique is more simple but has the same premiss for this one you place your crosshairs on a high traffic area and wait until an enemy runs by and just before he reaches the middle of your crosshairs you fire and your enemy will run into your bullet and hopefully die. to help with this make sure that have a good view of the area you are ambushing so that you may see the targets before they even get to the center or you will be missing alot with a few lucky ones. (relatively easy to pull off)

if you use these techniques and happens to get good at them you can discourage enemies from coming though the area and or force them to become more cautious making it easier for your comrades to pick them off.

tips:

move up with your comrades you don't have to be right next to them but try to stay in view of them.

make priorities - take out outstanding targets such as other Snipers or if you see an enemy killing a lot of your friendlies drop him.

on the move - keep moving take out 3 or 5 enemies then switch positions, if you take out another sniper i suggest that you move about immediately 

recon - if you have a mic relay enemy movements, vehicles, land mines etc. you will increase your value as a sniper if you can do this.

urban sniper - this type of sniper is a close to medium range fighter for accurately taking out targets that are out of range from the others in your squad.

one shot one kill - try going for head shots if that is too hard try doing a 2 shot burst.

behind enemy lines :smileysurprised: !! - if your in a pickle and your in the lions den try doing only one shot at a time if the enemy does not go down let him go because you don't want to alert him to your EXACT position unless he spots you then try as best you can to take him down and get the **** out of there because its like a hornets nest and if you stir it up more will come.

anti mine duty - if you see mines shoot them you'll get +5 exp for every mine you destroy, if you see someone placing mines either kill him with your bullet or shoot the mines he is laying to kill him. :smileytongue:

annoying bee - here is a distraction tactic that i use on bunker turrets what you'll need is the T2 or T3(recommended T3 for the amount of dmg it does) so that it leaves the vapor trail to your position, and a position that wont get you killed by the turret rocket or bullets. After achieving both you will want to pump as much rounds into it as possible before it fixes in on your position once it takes aim you take cover rinse repeat until your out of ammo or the turret is destroyed. the reason for doing this is to distract the turret so that your men will have a easier time getting past it i know i know the better way is to shoot a rocket into it but hey this is funer >=P

(i can't think of anymore atm because im getting sleepy but if i have anymore i will update it)

Message 33 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
977 posts

Re: Sniper Techniques

Jun 17, 2010

1. Leading your target - this technique is what most people will prolly try to use, basically you follow your target with the crosshairs in front of where your walking or running target is because your target is moving and you are prolly quite a distance away so it will take some time for the bullet to get down range. Hopefully your bullet and the target intercept and the red hit indicator will light up. (hard to pull off)

i've heard in MG that sniper bullets have no lag time, and hit the target when you press the trigger, just one thing that doesn't translate from real life to a game i guess.

Message 1 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Jun 17, 2010

You do have to lead your shots in mag.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Jun 17, 2010

it must be my lag then lol :smileytongue:

Message 3 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 18, 2010

Shadow20128 wrote:

i've heard in MG that sniper bullets have no lag time, and hit the target when you press the trigger, just one thing that doesn't translate from real life to a game i guess.

no you heard wrong 1000+ sniper kills i know for a fact there is bullet lag so you do need to lead your target

Leader of clan SFE Strike Force Elite: Now on Raven! PSN: Brandon_Szarmach
Message 4 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Jun 18, 2010

Good tips even though I already know this. Do you by chance watch the Military Channel?

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 5 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jun 18, 2010
I've found that there is a lot more leading required now since 1.06 then when it first came out. When I started playing it was once you push the button, half the time they're already dead.

(Don't forget that the further away you are the more you will have to lead them.)
Message 6 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 20, 2010

military channel is beast and good tips man. keep up the good work

Message 7 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Jun 20, 2010

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

Good tips even though I already know this. Do you by chance watch the Military Channel?

yes xD

Edit: oh yeah and i also sometimes watch some military and sniper specials on the history channel. :3

Message 8 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 24, 2010

As both a Real World Marksman, and also in MAG I would like to comment on the whole topic of "Leading Your Target". The hashes you see in the scope are called "Mildots" and are used almost as a co-ordinate plain with each other. They are used to calculate your bullet-drop and how much to lead your target by calculating in MOA. I've defined all these terms at the bottom. 

As far as MAG is concerned, sometimes leading your target is required, others not. If the target is moving slowly across your screen, calculate where they are going place your crosshairs in their path and pull the trigger when they are centered. If they are running fast, across the screen and/or you have noticed lag, lead your target "SLIGHTLY" MAG is not that realistic to where you need a 4 mildot lead on your target. A 1/16" lead should do the trick.

MOA: Minutes Of Angle; How Large Bullet Groups Your Gun Will Make For 100 yds. Ex: .3MOA is .3inches of grouping every hundred yards, SO at 500 yds. you have a 1.5" group of bullets.

Bullet-Drop: How much the bullet will drop during it's flight path.

Mildots: Hashes In The Scope (Simplified)

Hope This Clears Some Stuff Up,

C. Negatory

P.S. Any Questions/Comments/Concerns? Add me. "Decimitor"

Message 9 of 62 (571 Views)
0 Likes