Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
493 posts

Re: Sniper Techniques

Jun 29, 2011

ok well its been a while since the last time i updated this but here it is, i acquired more data on helicopter dmg from the .50 cal since the heli has been buffed with extra health it will take you 22 rounds in order to at least get it to fly off im guessing that it will take all your ammo to destroy it.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Aug 8, 2011

I love sniping and stuff but I hate it when there's too many sniper in a squad. Especially if the squad leader is a sniper cuz all they do is stay behind enemy lines. Sometimes they're good 2 have and sometimes they're bad 2 have. Supression is ok but sabotage rlly don't help except for copper hills since u can see the inside from the gap on the wall.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 19, 2011

dA_dRuNkEn_OnE_
That's not a problem with being a sniper, it's a problem when there are snipers that don't want to be a team player, and don't know jack about how to be a useful sniper.

A useful sniper moves around a lot, kills a lot, and focus's around an objective. The snipers you see doing nothing but sitting by spawn or way deep in enemy lines are either (a) selfish or (b) trying to work on more complicated objectives. A sniper might be good at taking down a morter battery or AAA is something, and that helps out a team a crapload more than running and gunning sometimes. Teasing the bunkers from behind though might be a decent way to help out taking down a bunker with a sniper loadout.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Aug 24, 2011

The guys in )B( have been helping me get my combat sniper medal since I can't stand sniping and the best piece of advice I've been given is the T3 > .50 cal. The T3's might not do as much damage but chances are many of the red dots who are kitted out to survive a body shot from the T3 will also survive a body shot from a .50 cal, the difference with the T3 is that barrel wander and recoil is significantly less whilst stood up and moving and makes it far easier to line up head shots or take a second shot if they survive the first one. The fire rate is actually practical too compared to the 50.

Seriously, the .50 cal is for scrubs with bipods, since switching to the T3 (Kinmark on Raven) I'm getting double the amount of kills.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Aug 26, 2011

What I do now 2 stay with my squad is i use T1 sniper but like mod 1 version of it. Right now im using Sasr M ollio scope which i find much better than 2x scope. Anyway in domination its the perfect rifle for shooting guys as they spawn. Especially on Flores. As they come out of ship just shoot. N half the time they're headshots. But if ure not like that use .50cal but no variable cuz the barrelwander is too much unless if ure rlly pro and can handle it. Use standard scope which is perfect for quickscoping. Also, remember always practice. I almost gave up on sniping when i first started playing games but then a friend helped me n now im pretty beast at sniping. So practice makes perfect.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2280 posts

Aug 27, 2011

MSgtGunny wrote:

wolf71288 wrote:

i sorda changed mine up

armor: light

weapon: .50 cal w/ variable scope and bipod

G1: medical kit

G2: sensor jammer

i know i know when you fire the .50 it exposes your position but i mainly use the sensor jammer to get into position and after i fire 1 or 2 rounds i take cover and wait a couple of seconds for the SJ to take effect again and change positions.

i <3 snipers who wear light armor

Isn't a light armored sniper stupid? I mean the whole 3rd tier will demolish them unless they pulled out the medium.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Sep 18, 2011

@ Mexi-Crap

light armor is cheaper (meaning better sniper rifle and more equipment), and it's faster to run with. Snipers who stay in the same place would indeed be better off with heavier armor, but a sniper that moves around after each shot would be better suited for lighter armor.

it's a tradeoff in mobility versus durability. Many people would rather just be extra careful not to be shot.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Oct 11, 2011

Hot-Wire wrote:

MSgtGunny wrote:

wolf71288 wrote:

i sorda changed mine up

armor: light

weapon: .50 cal w/ variable scope and bipod

G1: medical kit

G2: sensor jammer

i know i know when you fire the .50 it exposes your position but i mainly use the sensor jammer to get into position and after i fire 1 or 2 rounds i take cover and wait a couple of seconds for the SJ to take effect again and change positions.

i <3 snipers who wear light armor

Which is like 90% of the snipers out there lol.

If you snipe, medium armor or higher is a must.

PSP Username: Pyrospasm

i went 175 - 0 with 2cc armor. skill > armor

people that are still on this thread.............

sigh.... just please don't t2/t3 snipe in the same place far away for the entire game, everyone on MAG that does this sucks and honestly.... should be voted out because they aren't helping. t2/t3 prone sniper needs to justify his role by getting an absurd amount of kills, a person doing this is sacraficing being on the front lines and potentially help heal and pick up beasts to secure a letter. i say this because i've not seen one person deserve this position on MAG

i implore everyone, do not use the T2/T3,. come on guys, this is ridculious AR is thee best weapon and it's just ridculioius for people to just sit out of the game and not help. it is 100x more fun being in the action. sniping branch is a trap

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Oct 11, 2011

ha.. you're funny, my philosphy is kill them first before they get you, +6cc armor is just a sign that you're weak and a terrible sniper. i've never wore anything above a 2cc armor when i snipe. i have screen shots over 2 months proving that skill > armor

again, don't t2/t3 snipe please people of MAG, you aren't helping and it's not that fun in the end unless you're extremely commited in that role and can prove it with very high kills

so pretty much my goal is to get everyone to stop camping with a T3 and getting 40 kills in a 30 minute dom game with no med kit and hasn't left the spawn yet

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3154 posts

Oct 21, 2011

night-times wrote:

+6cc armor is just a sign that you're weak and a terrible sniper.

No, that would be Parasniping.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 62 (328 Views)
0 Likes