Feb 15 2011
By: drwuggles Hekseville Citizen 427 posts

~The Medic's Ultimate Guide~

[ Edited ]
36 replies 502 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

Preface

If you are a medic reading this guide, or want to become a medic in the future, you probably know that medics are constantly in high demand throughout every PMC. Medics can completely change the tides of the battle, and if they are successful they will lead their PMC to victory! In this guide, we'll first cover the basics, the equipment, and then will talk later about strategies/tactics for a medic.

Section I: The Basics (For New Medics)

"The Windex Gun."  The Windex gun is the most important thing that you need if you are becoming a medic. Without the improved recharge ability, it takes about 10 seconds to reload. You will need this (The Medical Kit), NOT the First Aid Kit, if you want to become a medic. 

Use common sense. Don’t revive somebody if there is a horde of enemies nearby. Clear the enemies out as quickly as possible, then rush over to your downed allies to help them up when the coast is clear.

Once you have bought the medical kit from the barracks, also buy the Resuscitation (Rez.) ability. (The button R1 on your PlayStation controller is used to heal or rez.) 

Don’t just rez., heal too! Constantly spray the area with “the blue mist of health.” I’ve gotten many surprised remarks from teammates I’ve healed, because many players only rez. allies. 

Triage. Triage is the process of prioritizing patients based on their condition. For example, if you’ve got two downed allies right in front of you, one who’s bleedout timer is almost empty and one who’s bleedout timer is full, who should you rez. first? Again, common sense would prevail here—the goal is to save as many lives as possible. In addition, rabidpenguin1 mentioned  that if you have two or more people with similar bleedout times, you should always rez. the ally with the medical kit first. This way, while your medical equipment is recharging he can revive the other downed ally. 

Section II: The Equipment

Having a microphone/headset is not necessary, but helps, especially if you’ve got multiple downed allies. Also, if you’re thirty meters away from an incapacitated friendly, you’ll need to tell them to “hold on and do not bleed out,” as they may not know that a medic is on the way.

First get the medical kit and the rez. ability, then get the full rez. ability.You do not need to get the full rez. ability immediately, but it helps quite a lot. As mentioned in section 1, you need the MEDICAL KIT, not the FIRST AID KIT.  

Have the medical kit in gear 1! You need to have it here so that you can quickly alternate from your firearm to the kit in firefight situations. I personally like the Medkit in Gear One, Frags/Smokes in Gear Two, and the rocket launcher in Heavy Gear. Of course, if you’ve got any electronics or other items that suit your fancy, these can also be equipped.  

Guns for a medic: From personal experience/many other’s opinions, the 12 Gauge Shotgun or the SMG (Submachine Gun) are the suggested weapons for a medic in my opinion, no matter what skill level. However, the medic may use any weapons that he chooses. 

Section III: Tactics

As a medic, there are a number of different tactics for you to utilize:

If you've got a downed ally, you want to make sure that you kill any surrounding enemies before you rez. your ally. This is because you don't want the person you revived to just die again.

Use the smoke grenades. If you've got a few enemies nearby, you could choose to kill them first before reviving your allies. But if there are a lot of enemies surrounding you, conceal your position with a smoke grenade while you heal/rez. your downed allies. (Or, better yet, throw a flashbang grenade into the enemies' area.) 

Also, I'd like to add that many enemies toss grenades on incapacitated soldiers so that  medics will get blown to bits when they go up to revive them. Watch out for these! Wait a few seconds, check your minimap, look all around you for enemies, and then proceed with reviving your teammates. 

Never do anything alone. In  the rare case that you'll have to go solo, do so very stealthily. Take out all the enemies in your way by quietly knifing them, then get to any downed allies when the coast is clear. You don't want to direct any other attention to your area, as you might get killed if you don't have anybody else to fight with. 

Section IV: Conclusion

Thank you for taking the time to read my brief guide…and I hope that it has given some good information to newbie medics and other medics wanting to improve as well.

Message 18 of 37 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6232 posts

Re: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Medic

Jul 13, 2010

Id say the shotty or SMG is a better weapon for a medic due to the low cc cost so more items could be equiped like smoke/PG/stuns/motion sensor/sensor jammer etc

Photobucket
Message 1 of 37 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 13, 2010

EnglishSnake wrote:

Id say the shotty or SMG is a better weapon for a medic due to the low cc cost so more items could be equiped like smoke/PG/stuns/motion sensor/sensor jammer etc

Completely agree.  If you are going to dedicate yourself to being a medic, you should equip a CQC weapon to allow you to carry more equipment.

Are there really people that are dedicated to being a medic still?  Seems that most of the folks I am gaming with carry a medkit, but don't consider themselves to be medics.  We run assault but have the ability to revive. 

Message 2 of 37 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Philo_Beto wrote:

EnglishSnake wrote:

Completely agree.  If you are going to dedicate yourself to being a medic, you should equip a CQC weapon to allow you to carry more equipment.

Are there really people that are dedicated to being a medic still?  Seems that most of the folks I am gaming with carry a medkit, but don't consider themselves to be medics.  We run assault but have the ability to revive. 

I'll third that. The F90 on Raven is an awesome weapon and seeing as enemy will be near by when ones' reviving, it's a bob on gun.

0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
427 posts

Jul 13, 2010

SGTcolon wrote:

Philo_Beto wrote:

EnglishSnake wrote:

I'll third that. The F90 on Raven is an awesome weapon and seeing as enemy will be near by when ones' reviving, it's a bob on gun.

Yeah guys, sorry I forgot about the shotty and other close quarters weapons. I'll be sure to include those in the guide as well. 

Message 4 of 37 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2342 posts

Jul 13, 2010

EnglishSnake wrote:

Yes, agreed. If the medic is in close quarters all the time and not that good of a killer, the shotgun will be a great weapon of choice.

Message 5 of 37 (502 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Jul 14, 2010

I've been doing fine being a full-time medic with the T1 sniper. I've also started using the T2 and T3, swapping to side-arm when in close range, and I haven't been doing bad at all.

Message 6 of 37 (502 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1276 posts

Jul 14, 2010

now only if we can get the blue dots to read this lmfao!!!

Message 7 of 37 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
427 posts

Jul 25, 2010

Yamomoto wrote:

now only if we can get the blue dots to read this lmfao!!!

LolSmiley Happy

I edited the post to include the fact that a shotgun or SMG is the best gun for a medic. 

Message 8 of 37 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
960 posts

Jul 27, 2010
Hmm... have I seen a thread like this before? Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 37 (502 Views)
0 Likes