Highlighted
Feb 05 2010
By: xb3anzx First Son 2 posts

leadership strategies and tips

5 replies 24 views Edited Feb 5, 2010

i am a lvl 18 dragoon, trying to earn leadership points, please post tips for gaining max leadership points and q and a on the topic. thanks!!

peace,

beans

Message 1 of 6 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: leadership strategies and tips

Feb 5, 2010

there are 3 levels of leadership

1. squad leader - must be level 15

2. platoon leader - must get 50 leadership points(*)

3. officer in charge - must get 100 leadership points(*)

--------------------------------------------------------------

in order to get leadership points, you MUST BE IN A LEADERSHIP POSITION. to apply for a leadership position (if you are lvl 15+) check off the box when you join a queue. if you miss that, during gameplay, press start and press triangle to open up the leadership tab, there you can apply for leadership.

if you find yourself in a leadership position you dont want to be in, you can also relinquish your responsibility the same way (start, triangle, etc.) 

you get 10 leadership exp points per MAJOR VICTORY, having been a squad leader that game(*)

you get 8 leadership exp points per MAJOR VICTORY, having been a squad leader that game(*) 

you get 3  leadership points per defeat, having been a squad leader that game(*)

(you'd be surprised who doesnt know this)

if you press select during a game it will bring up the CNI this will bring up a map and show you the surrounding area from here you select your secondary objective by pressing up and down, and your squad's FRAGO by pressing "x". you can also achieve frago selection by, while in game play pressing down on the d pad and selecting the target by pressing "r1".  

if you are trying to get leadership points, you want to be a squad leader, so if you join a queue that you are not currently a squad leader, i just exit the game before it even starts (at the brief) then join a different queue where i have been chosen for a leadership role. 

* = information based off of what i've read, not personal experience

i've given what i know, please give me some tips and strategies!

thanks!

peace,

beans

Message 2 of 6 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 5, 2010

Just an edit, it's 100 leadership points to qualify for platoon lead, 350 for OIC, and they're stacked.  So you don't have to earn 100, THEN another 350, just reach a total of 350 to qualify.  Otherwise, gj.

Oh, and there is no real strategy to gaining leadership points, you just have to win.  Now there's different strategies to winning, but that's going to depend on what gametype you're playing and your role.  Just remember, some abilities SL and PL have share a cooldown, so if you constantly blow a cluster bomb in a domination match, the PL will not have the opportunity to use their more deadly precision strikes.  Just know that as SL, you are primarily directing the squad to their next objective via FRAGO.  Depending on who you ask, and how well you coordinate, bunkers, burnoff towers and AAA are the initial objectives in domination.  Then you'll move up to the cooling towers and pump stations.  Bunkers allow the defenders to spawn in a forward position, stalling your advance.  AAA (Anti-Aircraft Batteries) need to get taken down before SL/PL can call in airstrikes without getting their planes shot down.  

Message Edited by MackOX on 02-05-2010 12:06 AM
Message 3 of 6 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Feb 5, 2010

Some thoughts on how to gain leadership points more quickly.

Apply for squad leader on a Sabo map--less guys, I've found, qualify for SL there, so you have a better chance of being the leader.  Also, there are fewer things for the leader to do on Sabo--no airstrikes, etc.  

Learn to lead:  keep your squad from spreading out all over the place; try to get a balance in the loadout; tell people not to bleed out, but give intel while they are down but not respawning.

And one of the things I've found most helpful on the skill tree (I'm Valor) is the sensor jammer.  That prevents enemies from seeing you, or any nearby squadmate, on the minimap.  This has been HUGE for me in the past two days and have regularly won Sabo, both defending and attacking, even on S. V. E. R.'s map.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 6 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 5, 2010

"if you are trying to get leadership points, you want to be a squad leader, so if you join a queue that you are not currently a squad leader, i just exit the game before it even starts (at the brief) then join a different queue where i have been chosen for a leadership role. "

And imagine if every player did that....lame. Or you could just play the game, and wait for your turn.

Message 5 of 6 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
892 posts

Feb 5, 2010

The best way to get leadership points is to join Sabatage or Aquisition. Sabatage is probably better if you can win it. Aquisition is better if you aren't winning sabatage; especially if you have a contract.

Finally you might have to gain a few levels before it starts giving you the position.

Message 6 of 6 (24 Views)
0 Likes