Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 12 2012
By: ZenStephanie First Son 7 posts

Advice on where to start?

3 replies 200 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

Hi all,

I am wondering if any long time Mass Effect fans could help me resolve a dilemma.

I go through gaming 'phases' and as a result of going several months a year without playing, often fall behind and don't play games until significantly after their release.

I broke a nearly year-long period of not playing any major games by delving into Deus Ex: Human Revolution this October. I loved every minute and have exhausted the game now, including its DLC. I am taking a week off from work this Thanksgiving and the plan has always been for some R&R and major uninterrupted gaming time in my pajamas. The game I have been reserving for this honor is Mass Effect 2. One of my best friends has been urging me to get into the Mass Effect series for a long time. The question now is - I am a bit of a completist and it just so happens as we all know the trilogy is coming out for PS3 on 12/4. I really feel torn - he still insists I start with ME2, but I wonder if I will now regret not having waited to play the games in order? Of course, the downside if I wait is that I don't get to enjoy ME2 during the holiday, and I don't really have anything comparable in my 'to play' list. My thoughts are - I could play ME2 with the comic first, and depending on how I feel after it, go back to play ME1, replay ME2, and play ME3, or maybe go straight from ME2 to ME3 and play ME1 as a 'prequel'? What do you all think?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (200 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Re: Advice on where to start?

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Don't think so much just go play the second one.  It's pretty cheap.  And I have played the snot out of most Bioware games.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Dec 13, 2012
My first entry to the ME series was ME2, with the comic for ME1.

It became my favorite game, and I still have not played ME1. But, with it being on PSN now, I will go back & try it.

If I were you I would start with ME2 and the comic :smileyhappy:

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Dec 13, 2012

I currently own all three and have played 2 and 3 over many times.....that being said I currently am working my way through 1 and it ismuch better to actually play the game and make decisions than the comic in 2....besides the story that goes with this trilogy is fleshed out better through playthrough of 1...and besides you get to see characters in 1 that have later influence on the story.......

This is by far  one of the best game series I have ever played.......do it right and start with 1....you won't regret it......

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (153 Views)
0 Likes