Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/03/2006
Offline
11832 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Jan 30, 2011

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

Argetlam wrote:

I'm pretty frustrated with myself because I realized a few days ago that I "failed" Zaeed's mission. Therefore, right from the beginning, I ruined my chances of making it through the last mission with all of my crew alive. I went from getting the Platinum in about 45 hours to probably close to double that now. I just don't really think it makes sense for a DLC character to directly affect the Platinum of a game.


I failed his mission too and didn't get his loyalty, but during the final battle, not only did he not actually contribute to anything, he didn't die either. Just don't select him for ANYTHING and he won't die. That's what I did. I hated him from the moment I saw his Kevin Durand looking ***, especially when I failed his to earn his loyalty, so I decided to never use him. I guess it paid off for him since he didn't die.

Although I do not know if that will work for you. My recent playthrough on Insanity, I had his loyalty and he died.

Photobucket

I actually finished the game today and got all of the Trophies that I was initially worried about. I didn't use him either and made it through everything just fine. Now, I need to just get one more Trophy and I have the Platinum.

In any case, thanks for the help.

Edit: In response to Flyers108: Zaeed is in fact part of the Cerberus DLC.

Message 11 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Jan 30, 2011

Argetlam wrote:

Edit: In response to Flyers108: Zaeed is in fact part of the Cerberus DLC.

Posting: Quality > Quantity

PS.com MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.

Thanks.  I appreciate the response.  Maybe we should start a Mass Effect 2 Platinum thread.....

Message 12 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/27/2007
Online
8486 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Jan 30, 2011

Flyers108 wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

****THIS QUOTATION IS STILL A SPOILER!!!!!****


I failed his mission too and didn't get his loyalty, but during the final battle, not only did he not actually contribute to anything, he didn't die either. Just don't select him for ANYTHING and he won't die. That's what I did. I hated him from the moment I saw his Kevin Durand looking ***, especially when I failed his to earn his loyalty, so I decided to never use him. I guess it paid off for him since he didn't die.

Although I do not know if that will work for you. My recent playthrough on Insanity, I had his loyalty and he died.

Photobucket

On my third playthrough I "failed" his mission, but I don't really care.  On my first playthrough I had his loyalty and Jack was the one that died (good riddance).  The survival of your team in the last mission has to with the the time it takes for you to complete the mission as well (or so I've heard).  Maybe that's why he died even though you had his loyalty.  I like Zaeed's character though because he's a complete rip-off of Canderous from KoTOR (As is Grunt).  I also use him up until I recruit "Archangel."  I prefer Zaeed (Canderous) over Jacob and I bring Miranda on every mission throughout the entire game.  I don't think that I've ever done a mission without her in any playthrough. 

Anyways, he's not really a DLC character for us PS3 players.  Is he part of the Cerberus pack?  I don't really know.  He has been there ever since I started playing the game.  I do know that he's a DLC character on the Microsoft version.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he died because everyone else died too. And I mean EVERYONE. It was brutal, hilarious how people just kept dying and the rest of the crew didn't really react to it, and kind of sad. I didn't do any loyalty missions except Zaeed. Needed my trophy so I could ignore him forever. It's not that I'm a trophy whore, it's just that I was angry at Zaeed for making me miss it on my first playthrough, so I had to get it on the second.

Since I've seen the hopeless ending where everyone dies in ME2, I think I'm way more hyped up about what's going to happen in Mass Effect 3.

Take back the future
Message 13 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Jan 30, 2011

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he died because everyone else died too. And I mean EVERYONE. It was brutal, hilarious how people just kept dying and the rest of the crew didn't really react to it, and kind of sad. I didn't do any loyalty missions except Zaeed. Needed my trophy so I could ignore him forever. It's not that I'm a trophy *****, it's just that I was angry at Zaeed for making me miss it on my first playthrough, so I had to get it on the second.

Since I've seen the hopeless ending where everyone dies in ME2, I think I'm way more hyped up about what's going to happen in Mass Effect 3.

Photobucket

Reading that makes me wonder how Shepard can possibly die at the end.  You only recruited like half your team and then let them all die without batting an eyelash and you walked away fine. 

Your reasoning completely makes sense though.

Message 14 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
310 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Feb 2, 2011

Flyers108 wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he died because everyone else died too. And I mean EVERYONE. It was brutal, hilarious how people just kept dying and the rest of the crew didn't really react to it, and kind of sad. I didn't do any loyalty missions except Zaeed. Needed my trophy so I could ignore him forever. It's not that I'm a trophy *****, it's just that I was angry at Zaeed for making me miss it on my first playthrough, so I had to get it on the second.

Since I've seen the hopeless ending where everyone dies in ME2, I think I'm way more hyped up about what's going to happen in Mass Effect 3.

Photobucket

Reading that makes me wonder how Shepard can possibly die at the end.  You only recruited like half your team and then let them all die without batting an eyelash and you walked away fine. 

Your reasoning completely makes sense though.

That's not possible. Everyone cannot die or Shepard dies you need a MINIMUM of two people alive so someone grabs his hand at the end.

Message 15 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 11/07/2008
Offline
481 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Feb 15, 2011

Ok, so I have tested this again and you all are right, you can talk to legion and start his loyalty mission directly after getting him. So dont worry about the mission before hand, just do everything you can before getting the Reaper IFF, get legion, do his loyalty mission, and finish.

Now for Zaeed... if you want him loyal easily you have to do the renegade one.. to get the paragon one is a little more complicated (you can google "zaeed loyalty" and get it exact) but i think it has to do with when he blows up the pipes and you get all mad, you have to say the neutral option i believe, then pick to save the people and you should be able to catch up to the baddie before he escapes...

Now, I'm doing insanity at the moment... its friggin hard.  Any quick tips or just the typical "take your time and kill things"

Message 16 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
310 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Feb 15, 2011

Zaeed's loyalty requires your paragon tobe at or above 75%

Message 17 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Feb 15, 2011

bucherman7 wrote:

Now, I'm doing insanity at the moment... its friggin hard.  Any quick tips or just the typical "take your time and kill things"

I didn't find Insanity to be overly difficult.  It wasn't easy, but it wasn't like some other games.  Anyway, remember to use your teammates and their powers frequently.  Pick teammates that compliment your abilities/class.  I play as a Soldier so I always bring Miranda and I usually bring Tali as well.  I take out armour on the mechs with Inferno Ammo, Tali AI Hacks them, and then Miranda uses Overload/Warp to get rid of shields/barriers until I'm ready to finish them off.  I suggest turning off the option that lets your teammates use their powers whenever they want.  I also suggest getting Barrier/Geth Shield Boost/Fortification ASAP.  They're incredibly useful throughout the game.  It gives you added protection while fully recharging your shields.

Message 18 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
225 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Feb 16, 2011

I found Tali to be incredibly useful on insane, her combat drone will completely distract your enemies(Very useful against scions and husks) You can also use Legion for this purpose but you aquire him so late in the game you can't really use him for many missions. If you upgrade Miranda to Cerberus Tactician your squad gets a bonus to health and weapon damage, as long as she's in your squad that is. Insane was challenging, but by no means difficult per se.



Message 19 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
310 posts
 

Re: How to run through Mass Effect 2 Perfectly (minor spoilers)

Feb 16, 2011

IPwnEVIL wrote:

I found Tali to be incredibly useful on insane, her combat drone will completely distract your enemies(Very useful against scions and husks) You can also use Legion for this purpose but you aquire him so late in the game you can't really use him for many missions. If you upgrade Miranda to Cerberus Tactician your squad gets a bonus to health and weapon damage, as long as she's in your squad that is. Insane was challenging, but by no means difficult per se.

Yeah it wasn't really what I'd call hard. Now Dragon Age on nightmare....I was being killed more by my team than the enemies.

Message 20 of 20 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes