Apr 06 2013
By: abhijtv Hekseville Citizen 368 posts

I liked the Mass Effect 3 Ending! OMG!

15 replies 503 views Edited Apr 6, 2013

I know, right??

I just finished ME3 and I don't understand what all those people were **bleep** about? It seemed to have a perfectly reasonable ending. We were given 3 choices, to destroy geth, control them or synthesis... I chose to destroy... Umm.. wasn't that the plan the whole game? So, am I missing something here because I don't see anything wrong with it..

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Re: I liked the Mass Effect 3 Ending! OMG!

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

For me it was okay but the ending did not have the impact that the first two games did. Also if you just finished that game then you should have seen the "longer" version not the original.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (478 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18193 posts

Apr 6, 2013

abhijtv wrote:

I know, right??

I just finished ME3 and I don't understand what all those people were **bleep** about? It seemed to have a perfectly reasonable ending. We were given 3 choices, to destroy geth, control them or synthesis... I chose to destroy... Umm.. wasn't that the plan the whole game? So, am I missing something here because I don't see anything wrong with it..

Is not that people didn't like the ending, is that the ending wasn't a direct result of the decision the player makes throughout the game. No matter what your choices are through the game, the ending was meant to be the same. The conflict with this is that Mass Effect 1 & 2 are games that promote and reward choices.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (471 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Mananambal wrote:

For me it was okay but the ending did not have the impact that the first two games did. Also if you just finished that game then you should have seen the "longer" version not the original.

I actually saw both the original and the extended cut. I initially didn't download the extended cut DLC,  so I experienced both endings. I admit the extended cut vastly improves the original, and all... I still wished for the cheesy happily ever after ending where Shepard lives and hi-fives his entire crew! lol... but the destroy ending is probably the closest to it, when shepard gasps at the end and my patner, Liara, doesn't put my name on the memorial wall, but just holds onto that plank.. She must have somehow known that I survived!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I didn't really care either way, personally. Though, in this case, it was in the hands of the customers. Which is nice to see a company do such a thing anyways. :smileyhappy:

Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Edit
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 7, 2013
It wasn't as good an ending as the first two, simple as that. Also, yeah, a lot of people expected a happy ever after ending as well. To take all that work you did throughout the whole ME series, and have it go to waste by shephard dying at the end, was complete bull imo. However, people reacted to the ending in such an immature way it was ridiculous...people saying it didnt deserve their money because of the ending, or that the whole game was good, except the ending is what make the whole game bad? Thats a little too much, gamers don't appreciate things like they used to, to base your whole experience off of an ending cutscene is ridiculous. Its the rest of the game that matters, if you had fun playing, thats all that matters.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 7, 2013

OMG... SPOILER. Stop it! :smileywink:

Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Edit
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Spoilers hinting at his death were already said? Lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Apr 8, 2013

abhijtv wrote:

Mananambal wrote:

I actually saw both the original and the extended cut. I initially didn't download the extended cut DLC,  so I experienced both endings. I admit the extended cut vastly improves the original, and all... I still wished for the cheesy happily ever after ending where Shepard lives and hi-fives his entire crew! lol... but the destroy ending is probably the closest to it, when shepard gasps at the end and my patner, Liara, doesn't put my name on the memorial wall, but just holds onto that plank.. She must have somehow known that I survived!

oh sorry, i thought you didn't see the first one. Great that you like it.

I thought the game was pretty solid, there were many epic moments (specially on the issues with the different races) and it was building up pretty well. The part only part that i thought they could've done better was the last combat (battle on Earth) it felt just a like a regular battle.

Spoiler
I chose "Synthesis" by the way.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Mananambal wrote:
oh sorry, i thought you didn't see the first one. Great that you like it.

I thought the game was pretty solid, there were many epic moments (specially on the issues with the different races) and it was building up pretty well. The part only part that i thought they could've done better was the last combat (battle on Earth) it felt just a like a regular battle.

Spoiler
I chose "Synthesis" by the way.

Yeah, the last boss battle wasn't really a boss battle. There were just hordes of normal enemies, coming at you at high frequency. They should have developed a "real" boss there...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (385 Views)
0 Likes