Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: Just finished Mass Effect 2, I have a few questions (mainly about importing a ME2 Shepard)

Feb 8, 2011

I tried Adept and just couldn't get into it. I died.  A lot. lol Guess I'm not a biotic player.  I deleted that save. 

Just started an Infiltrator game and I gotta say... cloak, sneak, BLAM!  I can see this working great for either CQC or Snipe.  This one is going to be fun.  I don't know what to choose for my bonus stat/power thingy.  Fortification, Warp Ammo, Geth Shielding...  suggestions??

Message 11 of 17 (77 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Re: Just finished Mass Effect 2, I have a few questions (mainly about importing a ME2 Shepard)

Feb 8, 2011

I'm almost done my third playthrough, but it looks like I'll have to be an Infiltrator on the fourth.  I've been a Soldier every time (for the assault rifles).  Sounds like Infiltrator has some great aspects to it.

Message 12 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Feb 8, 2011

I agree Flyers108, Soldier and assault rifle - bread and butter.  I used Fortification as my bonus and did just fine.  It was only *after* I finished the game and started Shadow Broker that I discovered the advantages of Warp ammo.  Derp!  The ultimate for me would have been trading Cryo ammo for Warp, and keep my fortification bonus. 

I have to restart my Infiltrator game.  My Shep has poo face.  Can't stand looking at her. lol

Message 13 of 17 (77 Views)
Fender Bender
4239 posts

Feb 8, 2011

PapaWarlock wrote:

eXodd wrote:

atomicsmurf wrote:

I'm thinking about playing Infiltrator.... but maybe Vanguard...  can't decide!

I thought Vanguard was a bit boring personally. I played through the  game first as Vanguard and never really cared much about Charge, was  nice but meh. I grabed the Sniper training during that playthrough and  just fell in love with sniping, Im pretty sure Infiltrator is the best  class to snipe with as you get a little slowdown when you aim, giving  you enough time to carefully pull that headshot. insanity with  Infiltrator was fairely easy.

So overall, if you like sniping, go Infiltrator, but if you dont like it you might want to pick another class.

I'm having a bit of trouble with Archangel on Insanity using Adept (ok, a "bit" is an understatement). Not very far into the 2nd run, maybe I'll try Infiltrator instead. Create a fully new character and try it out.

Which part are you having trouble with? Took me a few tries but wasn't all that hard with an Infiltrator. The hardest part to me was Gram, but all you have to do is hide and shoot after he shoots, when he gets close, cloak and run to cover elsewhere and so on. Garrus was very close to death when i killed him though...

Message 14 of 17 (77 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Feb 9, 2011

eXodd wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

I'm having a bit of trouble with Archangel on Insanity using Adept (ok, a "bit" is an understatement). Not very far into the 2nd run, maybe I'll try Infiltrator instead. Create a fully new character and try it out.

Which part are you having trouble with? Took me a few tries but wasn't all that hard with an Infiltrator. The hardest part to me was Gram, but all you have to do is hide and shoot after he shoots, when he gets close, cloak and run to cover elsewhere and so on. Garrus was very close to death when i killed him though...

I'm trying to recruit the ArchAngel and I got to the fight with Garm. I closed the shutters and for the fight ArchAngel only has like 15% health left. I can't seem to get to him in time (i.e. killing the lackeys) to save him.

I restarted with a new character. Created a female Infiltrator. Going to see how that plays out.

Message 15 of 17 (77 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Feb 9, 2011

PapaWarlock wrote:

I'm trying to recruit the ArchAngel and I got to the fight with Garm. I closed the shutters and for the fight ArchAngel only has like 15% health left. I can't seem to get to him in time (i.e. killing the lackeys) to save him.

I restarted with a new character. Created a female Infiltrator. Going to see how that plays out.

While I was playing on Insanity I found it crucial to utilize everything that my teammates had to offer.  I suggest getting Mordin first as well.  I usually take Zaeed and Miranda on that mission.  I leave Zaeed with Archangel and then I take Miranda.  Using her biotics, especially against the krogans, is extremely helpful.  I also turned off the option that lets your teammates use their own powers.  That way they wouldn't waste them when I needed them. 

EDIT: Also, having a barrier of some sort (Geth Shield Boost, Fortification, Barrier) is incredibly critical to playing on Insanity.  It saved my life so many times.  Good luck!

Message 16 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

Feb 10, 2011

Soldier with Warp Ammo (and eventually squad warp ammo) worked great for me on Insanity. The special ability made it easier to get rid of those damn Scions. I've read Insanity is hard to beat with Infiltrator, so good luck with that. And never try to correct me again papa! :smileyindifferent:

>
Message 17 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes