Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 19 2011
By: pfowei Splicer 50 posts

ME 2 retraining and something else

3 replies 18 views Edited Feb 19, 2011

Why did retraining my skills cost me renegade points?  I was maxed out in my renegade retrained and I lost just about my entire last box.  Now I have done all the loyalty missions save the geth one (only because I have not gotten to him yet).  So yes I killed Samara and managed to keep loyalty with Jack and Miranda.  One question, for IFF and the final mission will not having my renegade maxed out hurt me?

On another topic.

When I go to pick squad members (I have all of them including the one you pick up on Omega and the Citidel)  When I look at the lineup i notice two unused slots.  Now I know one goes for the geth; what is the other one, next to Zaeed used for?  Who did I miss and can I still pick up this person?

Thanks for any help

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Re: ME 2 retraining and something else

Feb 20, 2011

In regards to your renegade points. The final mission doesn't rely too much on them so you'll be fine and regardless there is still many various dialogue options to be had between the IFF mission and throughout the final mission but mine wasn't maxed out for the final mission and things played out well =]

for the character you're missing i don't remember the order they were in but here's the whole list: (in order of my least to most favorite)

13. Morinth - Evil ****, whats more to say

12. Zaeed - Only cares about the money and revenge, willing to sacrifice innocents to do so

11. Miranda - Overly sexual, know-it-all, loyal to Cerberus, I liked her more after her loyalty mission

10. Jack - Too aggressive, too nasty, I get why but that doesn't make me like her more

9. Jacob - A little boring, but he has the same attitude towards Cerberus as I do

8. Grunt - A little too aggressive for my liking, not as cool as Wrex but I still like

7. Thane - Interesting, but I don't see his use as a team member

6. Samara - Interesting, and I feel sad for her, but she is also hard as nails

5. Kasumi - I like her insight into the crew/missions/relationships you get if you talk to her

4. Legion - Funny, interesting and is a machine (I have a strange thing about that)

3. Mordin - Funny and has the best lines, most interesting  and amusing to talk to

2. Garrus - Shepards "Bro" (hate that term but you get what I mean), tough, cool and funny

1. Tali - Fav and LI, sweet, but tough plus she likes Shepard regardless of whether he picks her

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1726 posts

Feb 20, 2011

pfowei wrote:

Why did retraining my skills cost me renegade points?  I was maxed out in my renegade retrained and I lost just about my entire last box.  Now I have done all the loyalty missions save the geth one (only because I have not gotten to him yet).  So yes I killed Samara and managed to keep loyalty with Jack and Miranda.  One question, for IFF and the final mission will not having my renegade maxed out hurt me?

On another topic.

When I go to pick squad members (I have all of them including the one you pick up on Omega and the Citidel)  When I look at the lineup i notice two unused slots.  Now I know one goes for the geth; what is the other one, next to Zaeed used for? Who did I miss and can I still pick up this person?

Thanks for any help

The slot next to Zaeed is the Geth member, so the other slot that's empty I can't really say who you missed unless you give the exact location.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (18 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 22, 2011

If you changed from Agent to Assassin, {or even skipped maxing that out} (Shepard's 'special' line of traits) then you would lose Renegade/Paragon points since Agent bumps up those scores.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (18 Views)
0 Likes