Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2011
By: greyfx3 First Son 8 posts

ME1>ME2 question

3 replies 16 views Edited Feb 25, 2011

im wondering how much of a connection to shepard i will lose if i play me1 on the 360 then me2 on the ps3. i just read in the gi review that playing me2 on the ps3 causes a loss of connection to shepard. i will use the comic book in me2 on the ps3 to mirror the decisions i made in me1 on the 360. i want to play me2 on the ps3 because i want the extra content for free. for those who have played both like i plan to play them tell me; do you lose the connection or is the comic book decent enough to make you feel like the shepard you were in me1 is the one in me2? thank you!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (16 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Re: ME1>ME2 question

Feb 25, 2011

Personally I didn't feel any loss of connection to Shepard. I played ME and ME2 originally on the 360. When I found out about ME2 coming to the PS3 I was stoked. The interactive comic only gives you the "key" pieces of the original storyline so that you know the basics of what happened. You can mirror your choices via the comic so the impact is there.

My connection to Shepard came from the way I played him. The choices I made, the answers I gave all mirrored what I most likely would give in real life. Not having ME 1 on my PS3 didn't change that at all. But that's just me.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 25, 2011

right. i appriciate the input and am looking forward to putting my stamp on commander shepard.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Feb 26, 2011

I played ME1 on 360 and was excited about buying MA2 for the PS3 for the extra content AND the updated graphics. ME2 for 360 plus the DLC will cost about the same as the PS3 version because ME2 for 360 is about $20 now.

After the interactive comic book, I made my Shepard look almost EXACTLY like my Shepard in the 360 version to keep the connection, which helped. And the comic does give you control over key story elements. Though with the minor ones, not so much. I've noticed events in ME2 that were opposite of some of the decisions I made in ME1.

It didn't bother me too much but there is a lost connection when playing on different consoles. That doesn't take away from the awesome story Mass Effect has to tell. Just look forward to ME3 when you won't have to worry about that anymore, haha.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (16 Views)
0 Likes