Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 22 2011
By: pfowei Splicer 50 posts

ME2 question about paragon and Renegade

4 replies 16 views Edited Jan 22, 2011

I have read that the best experience for these is to play them to the extreme; that walking the fence will ultimately not provide the best experience.  My understanding is that by riding the fence you are prohibited from the upper end conversations.  That said, my strategy has been to, on missions be completely ruthless.  But in my conversations with fellow crew members (e.g. Kelly) I tend to take a more Paragon approach; as I want to have "relations" with her and other crew members.  My question is am I going to prohibit upper end Renegade conversations by being ruthless in the field but "lovable" to love interests?

Thanks I will take my answer off the air.

Message 1 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Re: ME2 question about paragon and Renegade

Jan 22, 2011

Look at your paragon/renegade meters in the squad menu to check most high level stuff requires a ton of one or the other but doesn't affect the L2/R2 moments. Also you typically get bigger boost to your Paragon/renegade in the field doing missions and side quests and things not so much from normal conversations, but tread carefully as its best to either just be paragon or just be renegade for the most part because certain things(i.e. Zaeed loyalty mission and just for safety Jack's too) will require you to have one of them close to maxed out.

Message 2 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

Jan 26, 2011

If you're going to do either on make sure you do it to the max. You can be nice to your crew just know that at certain point you're going to have to choose. I won't say too much but you'll know when you get there. Depend on how much Paragon/Renegade you have you might be able to solve the problem peacefully. You crews lives depend on it.

PSN: DrunkenAtomsk

Proud member of FOX
Message 3 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Feb 27, 2011

There are some infinite paragon/renegade glitches you can exploit if you want so play however you want, you can bulk up on either if you need. look on youtube.

I chose my 'real' responses the first time through (play it blind and enjoy the story), second game I went full renegade (no one left behind) and now on third going full paragon (insanity).

Kind of neat to hear all of the different dialog and see how it changes some missions.

Also funny to bring different people on missions to get new dialog (Legion on Tali's mission is totally something to amuse yourself with on a renegade game).

Message 4 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Feb 27, 2011

Instead of just Renegade or Paragon, it's too bad there's not a way to play in-between them both.  Call it "Unpredictable" and give it  rewards too.   Sometimes I see a Renegade option pop up on screen, or a piece of dialogue, and I *really* want to take it, but I'm afraid it's going to mess up my Paragon score.

Is there a way to play right down the middle without getting dialogue greyed-out?

PS I tried playing full Renegade and couldn't do it.  For me, being a jerk all the time = not fun. lol

Message 5 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes