Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 30 2011
By: MonkeyDad1977 Gaming Beast 2398 posts
Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 Armor

13 replies 326 views Edited Jan 30, 2011

What is the best Armor?  So far I have been using the Blood Dragon Armor.

Message 1 of 14 (326 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Re: Mass Effect 2 Armor

Jan 30, 2011

Using customizable armour is usually the best idea.  From what I can tell there is no preset that has the same advantages as using the customizable armour.  Throughout the game you can buy new pieces that you can put together that increase their respective stats.  Some even increase your ammo capacity.

Message 2 of 14 (326 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Jan 31, 2011

As Flyers108 said, the best armor is the armor that you can customize. With the other armor outfits, you can't customize the equipment to your liking. For example, you can purchase different shoulder pads and chest plates and other accessories for the customizable armor that cater to health or shields or weapon damage. With the other outfits, this customization isn't possible.

Message 3 of 14 (326 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Jan 31, 2011

I like the Blood Dragon Armor and the Terminus (? the last pre-made) armors. Customization may allow you to pick up specific bonuses, but in my opinion doing so is more class specific. Right now I'm an Adept and I find the bonus from the Blood Dragon Armor to be more beneficial for my biotic powers. I use them more than weapons.

Message 4 of 14 (326 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Feb 1, 2011

PapaWarlock wrote:

I like the Blood Dragon Armor and the Terminus (? the last pre-made) armors. Customization may allow you to pick up specific bonuses, but in my opinion doing so is more class specific. Right now I'm an Adept and I find the bonus from the Blood Dragon Armor to be more beneficial for my biotic powers. I use them more than weapons.

I've always picked the soldier class.  I tried playing as something else, but I hated not having an assault rifle at my disposal.  I would like to start out with some biotic powers, but I'll sacrifice for all the weapons.  I like how most of the pre-set armours look, but they're not as effective as the customizable armour.

Message 5 of 14 (326 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Feb 1, 2011

Flyers108 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

I've always picked the soldier class.  I tried playing as something else, but I hated not having an assault rifle at my disposal.  I would like to start out with some biotic powers, but I'll sacrifice for all the weapons.  I like how most of the pre-set armours look, but they're not as effective as the customizable armour.

I found this information online about each piece and set. Customizing my armor the best I can hope for is a boost of 8% power. The health boosts would be nice but the trade off isn't worthwhile in my opinion. Again, it really boils down to how you play your character. When I play most RPGs, I love magic more than weaponry. For the soldier class, as you say, customization offers the best boosts. For an Adept it's not.

Helmets:

N7 Helmet

- Increases health by 5%

N7 Breather Helmet

- Increases health by 5%

Kuwashii Visor

- Increases headshot damage by 10%

Death Mask

- Increases negotiation bonus by 10%

Chest:

N7 Chestplate

- Increases power damage by 3%

Capasitor Chestplate

- reduces the delay before your shields start regenerating by 10%

Aegis Vest

- Increases health by 5%

Shield Harness

- Increases shields by 5%

Shoulders:

N7 Shoulder Guards

- Increases weapon damage by 3%

Amplifier Plates

- Increases power damage by 5%

Strength Boost Pads

- Increases melee damage by 25%

Asymmetric Defense Layer

- Increases health by 5%

Arms:

N7 Guantlets

- Increases health by 3%

Heavy Damping Guantlets

- Increases shields by 5%

Off-Hand Ammo Pack

- Increase spare ammo capacity by 10%

Stabilization Gauntlets

- Increase weapon damage by 5%

Legs:

N7 Greaves

- Increase shield strength by 3%

Stimulator Conduits

- Increase storm speed by 10%

Life Support Webbing

- Increase health by 10%

Ordinance Packs

- Increase spare heavy weapon ammo by 10%

DLC Armor Sets:

Blood Dragon Armor

- Increases power damage by 15%, Increases shield strength by 10%

Terminus Assault Armor

- Increases storm speed by 10%, Increases shields by 15%, Increases all weapons reserve ammo by +1

Inferno Armor

- Negotiation bonus of 10%, Increases power damage by 10%, Increases storm speed by 10%

Collector Armor

- Regenerate 10% faster, Increases storm speed by 10%, Increases health by 20%

DLC Armor Helmets:

Umbra Visor

- Increases power damage by 5%

Recon Hood

- Increases weapon damage by 5%

Sentry Interface

- Increases shield strength by 5%

Message 6 of 14 (326 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Feb 2, 2011

PapaWarlock wrote:

*HIS LIST*

Thanks for the list and info.  It's really nice to have it all in one spot.

Message 7 of 14 (326 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Feb 2, 2011

Flyers108 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

*HIS LIST*

Thanks for the list and info.  It's really nice to have it all in one spot.

No problem. It is very useful.

Message 8 of 14 (326 Views)
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Feb 3, 2011

I didn't put much thought in to the armors in my first run. Just put together whatever looked aesthetically pleasing whilst customizing my colors.

However, my second run is with an Infiltrator so I'll be ensuring that I have an armor set that combines high weapon power output with good shield stats. Very useful when I snipe. I use the visor to ensure easier headshots also.

My only issue with the DLC armors is that while they look nice, you can't see your face due to the helmets. I would have hoped for an Iron Man/Isaac (from Dead Space) style where your helmet transforms around your head to show or cover your face. Hopefully that is implemented in Mass Effect 3.

Message 9 of 14 (326 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Feb 3, 2011

If you don't mind shellin out a couple bucks for DLC, get the Collector armor.  It comes with the Collector assault rifle, which is also pretty rad.

Message 10 of 14 (326 Views)