Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 06 2011
By: SEAL_force_recon Lombax Warrior 135 posts

Mass Effect 2- How did your story end?

30 replies 121 views Edited Feb 6, 2011

I've seen some other forums with posts like this, but they all were for xbox noobs and the last post was usually close to a year ago. However, the PS3 version was, as most of you know, just released last month, and  I was wondering how your story ended. Here's how mine went:

I railed...

Miranda, of course. Tali and I had some disagreements, most of which involved Legion. Jack... I'd rather not discuss her. Kelly was alright, but I just didn't really think that much of her.

I regret losing...

No one. Tali died, but like I said, she and I had some disagreements. She was shot defending the second door while I was showing the Reaper Larva who's boss.

Do we keep it?

First playthrough I was a little bit too trusting, and spared the station. Second playthrough, I blew it the shit up! No way am I going to see that evil look in the Illusive Man's eyes again. I told him off and rejected him.

What do we do now?

Play Overlord, finish Firewalker, beat the Shadow Broker's ass, do some N7 missions.

Favorite Companions?

Most definitely Grunt, Garrus, Legion, and Zaeed (some people have had some issues with his personal mission.... I had no moral conflicts whatsoever. Not going to lose Zaeed's loyalty to a few refinery workers). I guess the reason for picking those is my love for assault rifles, shotguns, and sniper rifles.

Wish the story had...

More armor colors, more weapons, more armor types. Basically just more gear. And more, lengthened non-story missions.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Message 1 of 31 (121 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Re: Mass Effect 2- How did your story end?

Feb 6, 2011

SEAL_force_recon wrote:

I railed...

No one.  I play as female Shepard so doing the no pants dance would be a little awkward.  On my third playthrough as male Shepard I banged Miranda though .  I like Tali.  I think she's a great character and really cool.  Jack on the other hand....

I regret losing...

No one as well.  My first playthrough saw the end of Jack, but I was actually hoping for that.  I don't like her at all.  I think she's just overly abrasive and dangerous to have on a ship.  She also never fights like she does in the prison when she's with you.  I haven't lost anyone else since then.

Do we keep it?

I've blown it up every time.  Maybe I should play a true Renegade playthrough (I always flake and do Paragon stuff lol) and keep it around.  I'm interested to see if/how that affects ME3.  I feel that it should have a significant impact.

What do we do now?

Er, nothing lol.  I finished everything before going through the Omega 4 Relay.  I didn't know I'd get to come back and do everything.

Favorite Companions?

Garrus, Legion, Thane, & Miranda are my favourites.  Again, I don't like Jack at all.  Grunt is kind of boring to me.  Kasumi doesn't ever talk to you (same with Zaeed who reminds me of Canderous). Samara is interesting (I'm trying to get Morinth this go around).  Mordin is pretty funny.  Especially when he's telling you about the possibility of Miranda having surveillance bugs in her special lady parts.  Like I said, I like Tali, but she's lacking something.  Jacob's kind of bland, but he's a good guy.  Miranda's smart and really useful in a fight with her biotics.  She's also hot .  Legion reminds me of HK-47 from KotOR and that is always an incredible positive.  Garrus is just...well, Garrus.  Thane has a cool backstory and his species seems really interesting.  I hope to see more of him in ME3 (maybe he'll be around and then a funeral?).

I also really like the bantar between EDI and Seth Green (Joker).  They're two of my favourite characters from just about any video game.

Wish the story had...

More depth of story with other teammates.  It seemed to easy to get into some of their pants and it left a lot to be desired.  I would also like to have seen more chat to be had after the suicide mission.  Thane was a great character for this.  He had a great backstory and he described a lot of his background, his religion, how he felt about the mission, & so on.  Of course he's the one who's dying.  I also wish the game had more than one way to gain/lose someone's loyalty.  Other BioWare games had the player build loyalty over time with their teammates.  It wasn't a make or break mission like it was here. 

Overall, still a great game and I love playing it.

I'll be your Huckleberry...
Message 2 of 31 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Feb 6, 2011

I railed...

My femShep didn’t take a lover.  Jacob is boring, and I just can’t connect with any of the male or fem love interests available other than Liara (and she wasn’t an option cos I no haz DLC comic) So for now my FemShep is all about the mission, no love for her.

I regret losing...

No one. Jack died.  I lost her loyalty when she and Miranda were having it out in her office.  Didn’t have a high enough paragon at the time to play peacemaker, so I chose the lesser of two evils.  I agree with the other person about Jack entirely – her powers looked awesome in the cut-scene, but fall flat during game play.

Do we keep it?

I blew it up!! And then ticked off TIM at the end chat.  I also got rid of the Greybox, rewrote the Geth, and let Mordin keep the research.

What do we do now?

Complete The Shadow Broker mission.

Favorite Companions?

Legion for AI hacking.  Miranda for biotics.  Kasumi for shadow strike.  Garuss for a second gun-lover (besides me).  Mostest favorite companion was Liara during The Shadow Broker mission, though. The dialogue was great! 

Wish the story had...

Change the dialogue wheel.  Sometimes those short sentences can be a bit misleading.  “That’s garbage!”  Is my Shep about to rip somebody a new one, or is it just a difference of opinion.  Change the FemShep walk... she moves like an ape, especially in some cut-scenes when leaning forward. lol  Add a Facial and Hair make-over feature in the Med-bay so we can fine-tune our characters during the game, please!  Less mining – that gets old real fast.  Maybe add a “test your class”, or “Training room” feature to see what build best suits your style of gameplay before you commit to a new game. I want a Krogan dog on my ship as a pet! lol  I like the one you feed on the Krogan home world.

Message 3 of 31 (121 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Feb 6, 2011

I didn't lose anyone myself. I blew up the Collector's Ship and told the Illusive Man to go play Hide'n Seek in Space. I'm going to do a second run on Insane as Renegade (I was Paragon the first time). Ought to be interesting to see.

What the heck is "railed" ... Yeah I know what is by context, just never heard it as a term before. That's between me and both love interests thank you very much.

Message 4 of 31 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Feb 7, 2011

PapaWarlock wrote:

That's between me and both love interests thank you very much.

Lol.  I thought that was funny.  I also find it interesting that you've never heard the term "rail" before.  I used that on a regular basis.  I loved telling The Illusive Man to shove it.

Message 5 of 31 (121 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Feb 7, 2011

Flyers108 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

That's between me and both love interests thank you very much.

Lol.  I thought that was funny.  I also find it interesting that you've never heard the term "rail" before.  I used that on a regular basis.  I loved telling The Illusive Man to shove it.

More than likely it's my advanced age showing. I've heard of "nailed" but not "railed".

Message 6 of 31 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
876 posts

Feb 8, 2011

I lost two companions on my first playthrough. One was Miranda, but I never trusted her anyway. The other was Grunt, and I feel badly for the big guy. At least he went out fighting.

Since I went full paragon for this run, I chose to blow up the station and give the Illusive Man a piece of my mind.

I chose Tali for my love interest, because I wanted to see what was behind the mask. I felt so cheated.

But now it's on to my second play through. This time as a female renegade engineer.

(Actually, it may be a while before I complete this game again, as I first want to replay Dragon Age: Origins prior to the release of DA2)

Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Feb 8, 2011

Moose-Steak wrote:

I lost two companions on my first playthrough. One was Miranda, but I never trusted her anyway. The other was Grunt, and I feel badly for the big guy. At least he went out fighting.

Since I went full paragon for this run, I chose to blow up the station and give the Illusive Man a piece of my mind.

I chose Tali for my love interest, because I wanted to see what was behind the mask. I felt so cheated.

But now it's on to my second play through. This time as a female renegade engineer.

(Actually, it may be a while before I complete this game again, as I first want to replay Dragon Age: Origins prior to the release of DA2)

You lost Miranda?  Oh no.  You would have seen where her true loyalties lied at the end of the mission if she would have survived....

Message 8 of 31 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Feb 8, 2011

Flyers108 wrote:

You lost Miranda?  Oh no.  You would have seen where her true loyalties lied at the end of the mission if she would have survived....

That was great, wasn't it?!  That along with her loyalty mission made me have a change of heart about her.  She's got some depth to her character. 

Message 9 of 31 (121 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Feb 8, 2011

I'd say that she has the second most depth to her character behind Thane.  I think she's a great character and an incredible asset to the team.  I'm really hoping that she is in ME3 as well.  I'd love for Garrus, Tali, & Thane to stick around as well. 

Message 10 of 31 (121 Views)
0 Likes