Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Re: Mass Effect 2- How did your story end?

Feb 14, 2011

PapaWarlock wrote:

SpiderguyZER0-G wrote:

Well I stayed with Liara because after all she did she deserved my loyalty. I lost no one because well its really actually quite hard to do, unless you walk the line between renegade and paragon. Of course I will keep it it was a flawless playthrough. Now that I finished just going to do some trophy clean up since I've played this game 12 times. Favorite companions? Garrus all day screw everyone else I miss the old crew. Wish the story had a story. This part is just pointless exposition mostly or filler if you would. And please get rid of the resources crap its just lame love the scanning for missions though.

I thought it was rather easy to keep everyone alive. Both my 360 and PS3 runs I went through as Paragon (less than 20% Renegade) and didn't lose anyone. I didn't use a guide (online or physical) either time and had no troubles keeping them alive. The key I think is to simply recruit as many as possible before starting the loyalty missions. This way your which ever alignment you've chosen (Paragon or Renegade) should already be well over 50% allowing you to keep the peace between the fighting characters.

I'm running through as Renegade this time and I'll let you know if it changes.

I think you misunderstood me I meant it was hard to get them killed, plus your paragon/renegade is based on combat mastery so depending on how you went with that it will only go as high as 70%

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 31 (9 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 16, 2011

SpiderguyZER0-G wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

SpiderguyZER0-G wrote:

Well I stayed with Liara because after all she did she deserved my loyalty. I lost no one because well its really actually quite hard to do, unless you walk the line between renegade and paragon. Of course I will keep it it was a flawless playthrough. Now that I finished just going to do some trophy clean up since I've played this game 12 times. Favorite companions? Garrus all day screw everyone else I miss the old crew. Wish the story had a story. This part is just pointless exposition mostly or filler if you would. And please get rid of the resources crap its just lame love the scanning for missions though.

I thought it was rather easy to keep everyone alive. Both my 360 and PS3 runs I went through as Paragon (less than 20% Renegade) and didn't lose anyone. I didn't use a guide (online or physical) either time and had no troubles keeping them alive. The key I think is to simply recruit as many as possible before starting the loyalty missions. This way your which ever alignment you've chosen (Paragon or Renegade) should already be well over 50% allowing you to keep the peace between the fighting characters.

I think you misunderstood me I meant it was hard to get them killed, plus your paragon/renegade is based on combat mastery so depending on how you went with that it will only go as high as 70%

Yeah I see where I misread that, but I've had friends ask me how I kept everyone because they've lost members.

Are you positive about that? My Paragon score was filled to the max on my run through (or so I think). Hmmm I'll check that, but I'm pretty sure the Paragon/Renegade was based off of your choices? I know with Adept, I had a skill set that bumped up the Paragon/Renegade scores. I'll definately recheck my scores and see if I was hallucinating (which is quite possible with the meds I take for pain management)

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 31 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Feb 16, 2011

PapaWarlock wrote:

SpiderguyZER0-G wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

SpiderguyZER0-G wrote:

Yeah I see where I misread that, but I've had friends ask me how I kept everyone because they've lost members.

Are you positive about that? My Paragon score was filled to the max on my run through (or so I think). Hmmm I'll check that, but I'm pretty sure the Paragon/Renegade was based off of your choices? I know with Adept, I had a skill set that bumped up the Paragon/Renegade scores. I'll definately recheck my scores and see if I was hallucinating (which is quite possible with the meds I take for pain management)

No I'm saying that how full the bar gets is linked to the combat mastery after level 3 it can go to 70% if I'm understanding it right and depending on how you evolve that skill at level 4 it could be stuck at only being 70% and not 100%

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 31 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Feb 16, 2011

I played with female shepared. I did the same in the original just seems like more emotions. I didnt have a love enterest in the second since u cant have a same sex relationship with Miranda or Jack that sucked, but I did have the Kelly come up to my room. On my first playthough I turned over the collectors base on my second I destroyed it. I loved the second one more though since I knew exactly how to pwn through the game. I cannot wait for the 3rd now.....

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 31 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 17, 2011

I railed...

First playthrough no one since I played Femshep. Every playthrough after that I did Tali because I love her personality. However, I did do Miranda once because she's hot... Jack no way... and Kelly once...

I regret losing...

No one except for crewmates. I lost all of the crewmates on my first run because I didn't finish some loyalty missions. Haven't lost anyone else in my playthroughs after that. I might do a run with everyone dying just to see what its like.

Do we keep it?

First playthrough I kept the station because I figured it would really help out in ME3; but after hearing all the crew members remarks, learning a few things about Cerberus, and seeing what they did to the poor guy in Project Overlord I destroy it all the time.

What do we do now?

Play Project Overlord, do some Firewalker missions, beat the Shadow Broker, and do some N7 missions.

Favorite Companions?

If I had to choose based on their combat skills I would have to go with Grunt, Legion, Garrus, and Thane. If I had to choose just because of who I like best it would be Grunt, Legion, Tali, and Garrus. I love Grunt's dialogue throughout the game, he's always in the fighting mood, and the krogan are just awesome. Legion is Shepard's #1 fan and he's got some funny dialogue. Tali is cute and she belongs with male Shepard! And Garrus is just a bada**!

Wish the story had...

More armor and weapons. As well as elevators...

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 31 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Feb 18, 2011

I railed...

Tali.  Tried Jack but just couldn't bring myself to do it.  Miranda got mad at me when I sided with Jack (although I wish Chambers would have been more of a viable option).  I too felt cheated after the Tali affair.  I'm going to try and go as a female Shepard and see if I can get a female partner (I think you can get with Jack and also have the thing with Chambers).

I regret losing...

No one. No one died.  I felt pretty awesome about that.

Do we keep it?

I blew it up the first time through.  I'm about to start my second playthrough and I will likely be a renegade the entire duration and keep it in the end.

What do we do now?

Start my second playthrough.  Gotta get that Platinum (because lets face it, It's pretty dang easy to get to in this game).

Favorite Companions?

Grunt.

Wish the story had...

Longer missions with just slightly more XP (maybe 200 instead of 125?).

Overall I'm very pleased with this game.  I just wish importing your character didn't wipe your current save files.

--------------------------------------------------------
Feeling froggy? Take a leap.

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 31 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Feb 20, 2011

Since I posted that, I've beat ME2 three times. I've gone renegade on my last playthrough, and the red eye thing is going to fully commit me to the renegade side for awhile. Forgot to add a "Favorite weapon/power" topic in the original post, and mine was going to be the X-96d Mattock (upgraded, still can't find that last damage upgrade -_-) though the Phalanx heavy pistol was always a reliable backup, and the arc projector/blackstorm were essential heavy weapons.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 31 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Feb 20, 2011

Dude, tell me where you got that ME2 trophy theme.... I WANT IT NAO :smileysurprised:

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 31 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Feb 20, 2011

I railed...

Miranda for the first playthrough....i mean how could you deny her? she was "perfect"

I regret losing...

absolutely noone....yeah i'm that good lol

Do we keep it?

kept it the first time to keep my renegade up but now i'm thinking otherwise to see what happens...

What do we do now?

RUN THROUGH THE GAUNTLET AGAIN! (gotta finish some trophies/hook up with Samara <3)

Favorite Companions?

Grunt and Kasumi because they're not only good in combat but have really interesting dialogue (in my opinion) although legion's cutscenes come at a very close third

Wish the story had...

elevators <3 lots and lots of elevators (if you played ME1 you're laughing now)

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 31 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Mar 22, 2011

I railed...

Miranda

I regret losing...

No one. Everyone, including my crew, survived.

Do we keep it?

Blew it to H3LL!

What do we do now?

Start a new game as a Renegade Vanguard.

First guy was a Paragon Infiltrator, with a lil bit of Renegade. He didn't take alot of BS.

Favorite Companions?

Legion and Tali. My Geek Squad. If I didn't use Tali though, I'd go with Grunt.

Wish the story had...

More Armor and guns!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 31 (9 Views)
0 Likes