Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: Mass Effect 2 Patch

Feb 15, 2011

I'm on the final part of my 3rd play through right now.  I've noticed that the longer I play the more glitches pop up.  I just experienced out of sync audio today.  I've also encountered the Rainbow bug on the Overlord mish.  Had a few instances where my character gets stuck.  But (knocks on wood) I haven't had a corrupt file save yet.  And I sure hope I don't. 

I agree, you pay for a game and expect it to have all the bugs worked out.  Glitchy little things happen, and I think we have come to expect it (not accept it) in the age of gaming, but corrupt saves -- that's a pretty big issue.  And what's worse is that people w/o online capability get screwed even more so, because they can't get the patch.

That being said... this game is worth playing, IMO, even with the risk of corrupt saves and other glitches that you may, or may not encounter.  Heck, after working my way through FO New Vegas, and the insane restarts and freezes, this game plays like a dream. lol  

-end rant-

Message 31 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Rainbow bug on overlord was awesome!! I loved it

Message 32 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Sony, it's been three weeks, have you taken a moment to review and approve the Mass Effect 2 Patch?

How long does it take you to approve a patch when it only took the game publisher a day or two to produce?

The image doesn't show the current trophies, but following the link does...

Get your Portable ID!
Message 33 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Anyone know who should be contacted at Sony to find out when this is going to be wrapped up? Three weeks seems a little excessive, and we have yet to even hear from Sony when they expect to be publishing the patch that Bioware has submitted to them.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 34 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2011

I've also experienced this corrupt save bug and lost 25 hours of gameplay. Bioware has recognize this is a problem for some PS3 users and put a patch out. Please get it through your certification process and out to your customers. I currently have stopped playing on the PS3 and bought a computer and have been playing on that. Please take this issue seriously because while I can play the game on a computer, I still slightly prefer the PS3....for now.

I have also preordered ME3 and Dragon Age II for the PS3.

Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back...
Message 35 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 17, 2011

ppl get a life

Message 36 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 18, 2011

I wish you guys would hurry up with this patch it has been ages since they submitted it to you and still no sign of the patch. Personally I'm not having alot of bother with my game but it's not pleasant to be constantly worrying about the game crashing or corrupting my save!.

Message 37 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Feb 18, 2011

@celestialbeing66

This is a gaming forum. People come here to talk about games. It is because they have lives that they don't talk about anything else.

@EA/Bioware

Do you remember the days before you could connect a game console to the Internet? Some people refer to those days as "10 years ago". I refer to them as "last year". I still know some people who refer to them as "yesterday", "today", and "tomorrow". Other than that, kudos on making an overall great game and on putting a patch together so quickly.

@Sony

Seriously, how long do these things take?

My status is fine, Admiral. But yours is about to go Red.

Message 38 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Feb 21, 2011

The patch was released this morning (02-21-2011) according to the Bioware Message Board.

Thank you Sony!

Thank you Bioware!

My PS3 died last night, so I'll have to wait a few days before I have a new system (Mr Credit Card says welcome back debt... oh well) to play Mass Effect 2 on.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 39 of 43 (48 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 23, 2011

The fucking patch SUCKS!!! I'm getting even more crashes than before...GOD!!! I just payed 60 bucks for a crashing game ...AWESOME. Learn to fucking TEST your god damn games before selling them. It crashed about 20 times for me since the patch...at least I didn't lose another save...but still......restarting the console every 20 minutes is starting to be annoying.

Message 40 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes