Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Re: Mass Effect 2 only has 56 trophies?

Jan 23, 2011

SirTrigalot wrote:

@3 How would anyone on here know why they are not included. Ask the developers not end users of the product.

And who died and made you God?  I have a legitimate question about a Playstation game and I'm not allowed to ask it on the Playstation forums?  Hate to hurt your feelings, but I always go to the Playstation website for my playstation game questions.  I don't feel like setting up a seperate account for every single game that comes out and I think it's a little extreme for you to expect that of me.

When I have questions about my Playstation games I'm not gonna set up an account at Bioware's website, or EA's, Bungie's, Capcom's, Konami's, Epic's or anybody's.  I'm keeping it all in one place and I'm not leaving just 'cause you said so.

And for the rest of you.  I happen to enjoy trophies.  Fine if you don't, but you're in the wrong place if you're gonna go trophy bashing other gamers.  Playstation is all about trophies.  Maybe you should buy a Wii since they don't have trophies or achievements and leave the rest of us who do like trophies - alone.

EDIT: Another reason I care about the missing trophies is because I was on the xbox forums defending this game agains those who expected it to be the worst version of Mass Effect 2.  Having 1 disc instead of 2 and more trophies (because of platinum) were some of the reasons why I argued that this would be the best version.  I turned out to be wrong.  Not only is it missing 4 trophies, but nobody's free Cerberus Network codes worked and they had to pay for the content if they wanted it.  And the Cerberus Network doesn't even work when you buy the add-on for it.  Most of these are seperate issues, but in this thread I want to discuss the missing trophies.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Jan 23, 2011

SpiderguyZER0-G wrote:

Just realized all the trophies missing are from the Shadow Broker DLC which isn't DLC for us which possibly explains why we don't have them.

The trophy is also missing from the mission where you have to recover all the dog tags at the Normandy crash site.  So there are 4 missing in total.

EDIT: Reminds me of another EA title called Army of Two the 40th Day.  The trophies for the add-on called Chapters of Deciept are also broken.  You can't get them if you already have some of the multiplayer trophies.  You can only get them if you unlock them before going online.  EA is building up a reputation for broken trophies in their games.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Jan 23, 2011

i wouldn't call that system broken since it's just trophies. Ultimately they don't mean anything and if you did everything in it i'm sure your xbox friends won't mock you for not have a virtual trophy of an insanity run through of DLC they had to pay for while you got it for free. It's not bad to lack about 4 trophies...there are still 56 others to be had and they will take some time if you hunt for every last one

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jan 23, 2011

Punfisher wrote:

SirTrigalot wrote:

@3 How would anyone on here know why they are not included. Ask the developers not end users of the product.

And who died and made you God?  I have a legitimate question about a Playstation game and I'm not allowed to ask it on the Playstation forums?  Hate to hurt your feelings, but I always go to the Playstation website for my playstation game questions.  I don't feel like setting up a seperate account for every single game that comes out and I think it's a little extreme for you to expect that of me.

When I have questions about my Playstation games I'm not gonna set up an account at Bioware's website, or EA's, Bungie's, Capcom's, Konami's, Epic's or anybody's.  I'm keeping it all in one place and I'm not leaving just 'cause you said so.

And for the rest of you.  I happen to enjoy trophies.  Fine if you don't, but you're in the wrong place if you're gonna go trophy bashing other gamers. Playstation is all about trophies.  Maybe you should buy a Wii since they don't have trophies or achievements and leave the rest of us who do like trophies - alone.

EDIT: Another reason I care about the missing trophies is because I was on the xbox forums defending this game agains those who expected it to be the worst version of Mass Effect 2.  Having 1 disc instead of 2 and more trophies (because of platinum) were some of the reasons why I argued that this would be the best version.  I turned out to be wrong.  Not only is it missing 4 trophies, but nobody's free Cerberus Network codes worked and they had to pay for the content if they wanted it.  And the Cerberus Network doesn't even work when you buy the add-on for it.  Most of these are seperate issues, but in this thread I want to discuss the missing trophies.

Dude I was agreeing with you til ya said that. You have lost the reason behind gaming. Playstation was fine before it got trophies and will be fine when it gets rid of them. Thank God Nintendo won't let trophies poision a good portion of everybody's childhood. I swear if I heard someone say dude I just got all the trophies/achievements/stickers for Zelda or some such crap I'd be certifiable at that point. Back to you though I'm not trying to hate on your opinion I'm just saying play the game to enjoy it first and not for the trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Just finished my Insanity play thru, and didn't get the Insanity trophy.  Would be curious to know if you get yours.  I have it saved just before the Suicide mission, so may play it again and see if it triggers it.  If not, still a great fight to play thru again! 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 29, 2011

I just beat the game on insanity and didnt get the trophy either , i reloaded the file again and still nothing( before the suicide mission), i am 100 percent sure i didnt change the difficulty settings 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 29, 2011

When I play Mass Effect 2, the Morality indicator on the pause menu does not show my Paragon or Renegade amount. Does anyone else has this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2551 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Can we get some spoiler notifications please, as in suicide mission,..some folk dont know that yet. It's a simple forum rule man.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Jan 29, 2011

I got my plat, including the insanity trophy, not sure why other people are having this problem.  And to the guy above me, the trophy description calls it the suicide mission.  Is that really a spoiler?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Jan 29, 2011

KAngermann wrote:

Can we get some spoiler notifications please, as in suicide mission,..some folk dont know that yet. It's a simple forum rule man.

Since the Suicide Mission is a trophy I'm not sure how much of a spoiler the guy's post was.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (32 Views)
0 Likes