Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Jan 29, 2011

Jim777 wrote:

Yes please i need somewhere to gush about this game

This is exactly what I want lol.  Everyone else makes good points too though.  The ME galaxy is huge.  There are also so many different options and ways to play.  I'd love to see what other people chose to do.

Message 11 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/06/2011
Offline
4029 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Jan 29, 2011

This is one of the new areas that we recently requested as per the thread here: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3398206

Hopefully it will be up and ready for discussions regarding Shepard shenanigans shortly.

-SP


Message 12 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/27/2007
Offline
8703 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Jan 30, 2011

Mass Effect 2 is the best game ever made, so hopefully the subforum is added soon, so me and my fellow Cerberus operatives can properly appreciate the game and gush over how amazing it is and how devilishly handsome Commander Shepard is.

Then everyone can marvel at my amazing skills of beating Insanity, IN 12 HOURS.

Take back the future
Message 13 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Jan 30, 2011

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

Mass Effect 2 is the best game ever made, so hopefully the subforum is added soon, so me and my fellow Cerberus operatives can properly appreciate the game and gush over how amazing it is and how devilishly handsome Commander Shepard is.

Then everyone can marvel at my amazing skills of beating Insanity, IN 12 HOURS.

Photobucket

That's a bold claim.  Mass Effect 2 is a really good game, but I think BioWare's KoTOR was better (in relation to its time, of course).  It definitely comes really close though.  I haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long time.  Possibly since KoTOR and Super Mario RPG before that.

Shepard is female in my eyes.  She's decent looking at best.  I wish I could make her hair longer though.

I beat it on Insanity too, but my gametime is something like ~40 hours.  I did all the side missions, anamalies, DLC, and I've discovered every star cluster to 100%.  I generally took my sweet time lol.  I also got No One Left Behind on that playthrough.  I didn't die very often now that I think about it.  I spent a lot of time in cover though

Message 14 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/27/2007
Offline
8703 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Jan 30, 2011

Flyers108 wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

Mass Effect 2 is the best game ever made, so hopefully the subforum is added soon, so me and my fellow Cerberus operatives can properly appreciate the game and gush over how amazing it is and how devilishly handsome Commander Shepard is.

Then everyone can marvel at my amazing skills of beating Insanity, IN 12 HOURS.

Photobucket

That's a bold claim.  Mass Effect 2 is a really good game, but I think BioWare's KoTOR was better (in relation to its time, of course).  It definitely comes really close though.  I haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long time.  Possibly since KoTOR and Super Mario RPG before that.

Shepard is female in my eyes.  She's decent looking at best.  I wish I could make her hair longer though.

I beat it on Insanity too, but my gametime is something like ~40 hours.  I did all the side missions, anamalies, DLC, and I've discovered every star cluster to 100%.  I generally took my sweet time lol.  I also got No One Left Behind on that playthrough.  I didn't die very often now that I think about it.  I spent a lot of time in cover though

I think it goes without saying that KOTOR is the best Bioware game ever made. I remember beating that game like eight times. Once as a Lightside male, then once as a Lightside female... You get the picture. I even had this one glitch happen to me right as we were about to leave Tarus(Or whatever it was, it's been years), my female character was transformed into somewhat high level male Jedi. It was pretty awesome to up and up become a Jedi that early in the game.

Mass Effect 2 really feels like a grown up, Shooter version of KOTOR. My only problem with Mass Effect, however, is the dialog. In KOTOR, you could carry on a discussion with varying topics and whatnot with just one character. In Mass Effect, it's a topic discussion that really never goes into any depth at all. Only a small problem, but it still irks me.

I don't know how you could manage to play Insanity that long. I kept running into glitches and whatnot that made playing on Insanity just, well, insane(Most notable of the glitches is the one where you can't freaking go into cover for some reason, no matter what you're doing until you die and have to start over again). I beat the Zaeed DLC on Insanity to get the Loyalty trophy I failed to get on my first playthrough, then beat the game. I only recruited Garrus, Mordin, Jack and Grunt. Legion too, but you're forced to get him, so I don't count him as much.

I just don't like Insanity. I keep running into glitches when I play it, so I'm glad I got my trophy for beating it, because I'm going to go through it on normal and have fun again.

Take back the future
Message 15 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Jan 30, 2011

Crimson_Ryan wrote:


I think it goes without saying that KOTOR is the best Bioware game ever made. I remember beating that game like eight times. Once as a Lightside male, then once as a Lightside female... You get the picture. I even had this one glitch happen to me right as we were about to leave Tarus(Or whatever it was, it's been years), my female character was transformed into somewhat high level male Jedi. It was pretty awesome to up and up become a Jedi that early in the game.

Mass Effect 2 really feels like a grown up, Shooter version of KOTOR. My only problem with Mass Effect, however, is the dialog. In KOTOR, you could carry on a discussion with varying topics and whatnot with just one character. In Mass Effect, it's a topic discussion that really never goes into any depth at all. Only a small problem, but it still irks me.

I don't know how you could manage to play Insanity that long. I kept running into glitches and whatnot that made playing on Insanity just, well, insane(Most notable of the glitches is the one where you can't freaking go into cover for some reason, no matter what you're doing until you die and have to start over again). I beat the Zaeed DLC on Insanity to get the Loyalty trophy I failed to get on my first playthrough, then beat the game. I only recruited Garrus, Mordin, Jack and Grunt. Legion too, but you're forced to get him, so I don't count him as much.

I just don't like Insanity. I keep running into glitches when I play it, so I'm glad I got my trophy for beating it, because I'm going to go through it on normal and have fun again.

Photobucket

I totally agree.  That game is certainly a masterpiece.  The story is literally earthshattering.  When I found out I was Revan I jumped out of my chair and was like "WHAT?!?! Are you serious?"  That was shortly followed by "omg that's so awesome" lol.  I was also beside myself when Malak took away Bastila.  I was livid.  I haven't felt an emotional connection to a character like that ever before. 

Again, I totally agree.  Mass Effect feels much more mature.  The dialog and interaction between characters does seem to be lacking in comparison to KoTOR.  You could talk to every character immediately after every mission and you would finish their side-story by the time you finished the game.  Also, you could talk to them mid mission about what was going on, how they felt about it, and the like.  Characters also reacted to Light/Dark (Paragon/Renegade) actions in mission and outside of the missions.  Certain characters didn't like you anymore and others loved you for it.  For example, to romance a specific character in ME2 it seems like all you had to do was say "don't feel so bad about your dad" and the respective female was like "oh thanks.  I'll be around the next time things are quiet "  Another thing is that another characters loyalty to Revan was based on several factors.  You got certain points for everything you did around that character and what you said to that character.  Most importantly, the points applied to THAT character.  I was the nicest guy in the world to Bastila (Miranda), but Carth (Joker) thought I was evil because I didn't like him.  Bastila would also get upset when she saw me relentlessly cut some defenseless person down, but it tickled HK-47 (Legion), not literally of course lol.  Hopefully these types of things are added to ME3.

Honestly, I've had a borderline seemless experience throughout the game.  I've encountered very few issues/glitches.  My Insanity playthrough was my most thorough by far.  I had everyone's loyalty and completed all of the side missions.

I'm not playing on Insanity anymore.  I play on Hardcore now though.

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG I just found out that the same voice actor for Bastila, Jennifer Hale, is also the voice for Female Shepard.  This blew my mind.  I also like both characters that much more, which is saying a lot. 

Message 16 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/04/2008
Offline
283 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Jan 31, 2011

Flyers108 wrote:

I think that PSN Forums should create a Mass Effect Series Sub-forum.  With the introduction of Mass Effect 2 and the inevitable release of Mass Effect 3 ("holiday 2011" for those that don't know), I think it would be a good idea.  I'm really glad that Sony pulled this game over as well.  Better late than never!


+1

Message 17 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Feb 1, 2011

JKar275 wrote:


+1

+1 to you

Message 18 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/27/2007
Offline
8703 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Feb 1, 2011

Flyers108 wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:


I think it goes without saying that KOTOR is the best Bioware game ever made. I remember beating that game like eight times. Once as a Lightside male, then once as a Lightside female... You get the picture. I even had this one glitch happen to me right as we were about to leave Tarus(Or whatever it was, it's been years), my female character was transformed into somewhat high level male Jedi. It was pretty awesome to up and up become a Jedi that early in the game.

Mass Effect 2 really feels like a grown up, Shooter version of KOTOR. My only problem with Mass Effect, however, is the dialog. In KOTOR, you could carry on a discussion with varying topics and whatnot with just one character. In Mass Effect, it's a topic discussion that really never goes into any depth at all. Only a small problem, but it still irks me.

I don't know how you could manage to play Insanity that long. I kept running into glitches and whatnot that made playing on Insanity just, well, insane(Most notable of the glitches is the one where you can't freaking go into cover for some reason, no matter what you're doing until you die and have to start over again). I beat the Zaeed DLC on Insanity to get the Loyalty trophy I failed to get on my first playthrough, then beat the game. I only recruited Garrus, Mordin, Jack and Grunt. Legion too, but you're forced to get him, so I don't count him as much.

I just don't like Insanity. I keep running into glitches when I play it, so I'm glad I got my trophy for beating it, because I'm going to go through it on normal and have fun again.

Photobucket

I totally agree.  That game is certainly a masterpiece.  The story is literally earthshattering.  When I found out I was Revan I jumped out of my chair and was like "WHAT?!?! Are you serious?"  That was shortly followed by "omg that's so awesome" lol.  I was also beside myself when Malak took away Bastila.  I was livid.  I haven't felt an emotional connection to a character like that ever before. 

Again, I totally agree.  Mass Effect feels much more mature.  The dialog and interaction between characters does seem to be lacking in comparison to KoTOR.  You could talk to every character immediately after every mission and you would finish their side-story by the time you finished the game.  Also, you could talk to them mid mission about what was going on, how they felt about it, and the like.  Characters also reacted to Light/Dark (Paragon/Renegade) actions in mission and outside of the missions.  Certain characters didn't like you anymore and others loved you for it.  For example, to romance a specific character in ME2 it seems like all you had to do was say "don't feel so bad about your dad" and the respective female was like "oh thanks.  I'll be around the next time things are quiet "  Another thing is that another characters loyalty to Revan was based on several factors.  You got certain points for everything you did around that character and what you said to that character.  Most importantly, the points applied to THAT character.  I was the nicest guy in the world to Bastila (Miranda), but Carth (Joker) thought I was evil because I didn't like him.  Bastila would also get upset when she saw me relentlessly cut some defenseless person down, but it tickled HK-47 (Legion), not literally of course lol.  Hopefully these types of things are added to ME3.

Honestly, I've had a borderline seemless experience throughout the game.  I've encountered very few issues/glitches.  My Insanity playthrough was my most thorough by far.  I had everyone's loyalty and completed all of the side missions.

I'm not playing on Insanity anymore.  I play on Hardcore now though.

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG I just found out that the same voice actor for Bastila, Jennifer Hale, is also the voice for Female Shepard.  This blew my mind.  I also like both characters that much more, which is saying a lot. 

Since Mass Effect 3 is the end of the series(Extreme sadface. Like, the saddest sad face you could imagine, times a thousand dead puppies), I'd imagine they'd go all out on doing things with it(Isn't also supposed to have multiplayer?). I'd love to chat the hours away with my people. The only person who would ever talk to me was Thane. Thankfully, I am in huge man-love with Thane, since he's basically Rambo and Solid Snake combined. I don't know what was up with it, but every time I talked to him, he would want to talk. Everyone else; Garrus, Miranda, Jacob and Mordin, just told me to go away. Jack too, but she was mad that I wouldn't sleep with her, so whatev. D:

I was a little weirded out by Garrus not talking to me that often. I mean, you were so buddy-buddy with him in Mass Effect 1, yet now he's all like "Herp derp calibrations" I really wanted him to be my Carth. My "Go-to guy". But, eh. He was just the silent awesome dude hanging around calibrating. Like Mandalore, before he became Mandalore. What, Canderous or something like that? I can't remember his name, but I remember who he is.

I don't know, I just assume that because Bioware makes these games, and they are so dramatically similar, that they need to be the exact same. I think Mass Effect 2 was AWESOME, and I'm totally hooked on the series, but now that I look into it, I don't think that it's exactly a negative that we can't dive deeper into our companions. I mean, me and Jacob did promise to get loud and spill some drinks on the Citadel. What more can you ask for? It would have been great to sit there, for hours on end, listening to what Garrus and his squad did on Omega, in great vivid detail, but that didn't happen. Maybe in Mass Effect 3, but it's not going to be that huge.

Although I didn't know Jennifer Hale did Bastila, I did know that the guy who played Carth also plays Kaidan from ME1 and 2. I hope he plays a much bigger role in ME3, You don't really get to know him in ME2. I want more backstory for my companions in ME3. End the game with a bang! Go crazy! Make it awesome. I trust Bioware. They haven't let me down so far!

Take back the future
Message 19 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/28/2003
Offline
358 posts
 

Re: Mass Effect Series Sub-forum Request

Feb 1, 2011

+1 for ME sub-forum.

Message 20 of 25 (21 Views)
Reply