Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Re: Mass Effect finally coming to PS3 in ME Trilogy

Oct 6, 2012

Demonhunter84 wrote:
Hopefully it does include all of the DLC that's been released for both Mass Effect 2 and 3. Excited about this none the less, I always wanted to play Mass Effect 1 and only played ME2 and hold out on getting ME3 for some reason hoping all three games would get a trilogy of sorts.

I should probably update the OP with this:

What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.

On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.

Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available soon.

About ME Trilogy

I think it's weird that the PC version of ME will have DLC but they'll be pointing you to the XBLM for the DLC content on the 360 version.  Maybe the PS3 version will come with the ME DLC on disc since the game was never released on PS3 till now but then again, they could just release it bare bones/minimum and up the DLC upon release on the PS Store =\  I do wonder if ME2 on PS3 will have the DLC that was on disc during the initial release or not though.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Message 11 of 15 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Oct 7, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

I think it's weird that the PC version of ME will have DLC but they'll be pointing you to the XBLM for the DLC content on the 360 version.  Maybe the PS3 version will come with the ME DLC on disc since the game was never released on PS3 till now but then again, they could just release it bare bones/minimum and up the DLC upon release on the PS Store =\  I do wonder if ME2 on PS3 will have the DLC that was on disc during the initial release or not though.

It's not weird at all. The PC version already comes with all the DLC free on Steam. The 360 version only ever included Bring Down the Sky and that was only with the 2-disc Platinum Hits edition. Rest assured the PS3 version will more than likely include Pinnacle Station and Bring Down the Sky and if not they will be availble for no more than $5 bringing the whole cost of Mass Effect to $20 if you decide to go the PSN route since the download will be $15. Also I'm 99% sure ME2 will be the same as the initial PS3 release. Wouldn't make sense for it to be different, that would turn a simple reprint into something more complicated and costly getting DLC certified and all.

Message 12 of 15 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Oct 22, 2012

It has a November 6th release date for XBOX & PC, but no set date for PS3.

Has anyone heard the date for PS3 yet?

You willalso be able to download ME1 via DLC for $14.99 if you choose not to buy the trilogy.

Message 13 of 15 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I will not get the whole collection as I own ME2 and ME3 but I will get Mass Effect from the PSN Store as I really want to play it

Message 14 of 15 (262 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Nov 1, 2012

December 4th for the PS3 version:

"I’m happy to announce that on December 4, 2012 PlayStation 3 owners will be able to play the original Mass Effect for the first time, either by getting the Mass Effect Trilogy in stores or downloading Mass Effect as a standalone title through the PlayStation Network."

DLC info:

The PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect Trilogy will have the original Mass Effect with Bring Down the Sky integrated into the game, both on-disc and on the PSN download. Mass Effect 2 will still have the same DLC on-disc that it was originally shipped with: Cerberus Network; Kasumi; Overlord; and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Finally, Mass Effect 3 will also be exactly as it originally shipped.

Post also talks about getting ME over to the PS3.  Might want to thank 'Edge of Reality' for getting over the hurdles and finding solutions to get it up and running on PS3:

Then there was building the original Mass Effect for the PlayStation 3.

Fortunately, we had a huge head start because of the work we had done with Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 for PS3. With that said, the original Mass Effect game was built completely differently than its successors, as we’ve learned a lot of lessons since then about how-to and how-not-to build a game. To be completely honest, I thought that it was unlikely that we could port Mass Effect in less than a year. It might take three years. Maybe even twenty-three! Fortunately, the team at Edge of Reality, an external team we’ve worked with in the past on many projects, thought otherwise. So we decided to try.

There were some complications. The audio technology that we originally used was no longer supported by its developer… and the engine didn’t support the PS3. “No problem,” said Edge of Reality, and they found a solution. The levels and art assets in Mass Effect were massive and streaming into memory would probably have to work differently on the PS3 – which is NOT a trivial issue. “Shouldn’t be a problem’” said Edge of Reality, and they found a solution.

Then there was performance. At the outset, we didn’t know what we’d find with Mass Effect, and wouldn’t know until we were hip deep in development. We needed to see the game in motion to make fixes, and fixing performance issues isn’t easy. It’s a little like realizing you’ve lost your car keys and then trying to answer, “When are you going to find your keys?”

We found a solution, but the solution took a lot of time and effort. It wasn’t easy, but early this summer, we had the game running and feature complete – something that made eyes bug out of heads around the office. We were near the end of the project, and had tucked in for the big push. There were definitely more than a few late nights. During (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend, I ended up working 65 hours! But these types of deadlines and pushes are always made easier when you are working with awesome people. We all banded together. Our internal team cranked into high gear and Edge of Reality really turned on Beast Mode and started crushing bugs. We worked around the clock to ensure the game performed at, or better-than, the performance metrics that we had from the Xbox 360. And they did it. Mass Effect on the PS3 runs pretty **bleep** well.

Bioware Blog

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Message 15 of 15 (235 Views)
0 Likes