Sep 26 2012
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41867 posts

Mass Effect finally coming to PS3 in ME Trilogy (Dec 4th)

[ Edited ]
14 replies 494 views Edited Nov 1, 2012

METrilogy

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Winner of over 300 awards. Recipient of over 200 perfect scores. A universe that has expanded beyond games to comics, novels, apparel, collectibles, action figures and more. The Mass Effect franchise has become one of the most heralded series in video game history. BioWare, a division of Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA), today unveiled the Mass Effect Trilogy, a compilation of all three award-winning Mass Effect games in one box. Available in stores beginning November 6, 2012 for only $59.99, the Mass Effect Trilogy is the perfect holiday gift for longtime fans or friends who have yet to experience Commander Shepard’s epic journey to save the galaxy.

Coinciding with the launch of Mass Effect Trilogy, BioWare will kick off the first annual “N7 Day,” a worldwide celebration of the Mass Effect franchise on November 7, 2012. Stay tuned to http://MassEffect.com for updates and announcements for a variety of in-game, online and live events which fans can congregate and fly their N7 colors.

The Mass Effect trilogy follows the rise of Commander Shepard from Alliance Marine to becoming the galaxy’s most elite soldier – the only soldier who can lead an all-out galactic war against an ancient alien race known as the Reapers. Heart-pounding action meets gripping interactive storytelling as players decide how their unique story unfolds over all three games. With a team of loyal soldiers at their side, each player decides how they will save the galaxy, from the weapons and abilities they utilize to the relationships they forge or break.

The Mass Effect Trilogy will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC on November 6, and will be available at a later date for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Mass Effect, the game which started it all, will be available on PlayStation 3 for the first time through the Mass Effect Trilogy and digitally as a standalone title via the PlayStation Network. For more information about Mass Effect Trilogy, please visit the game’s official web site at http://MassEffect.com. Fans can also receive more Mass Effect updates and “N7 Day” news on Twitter at http://twitter.com/masseffect, or on Facebook at http://facebook.com/masseffect.

EA News

Message 1 of 15 (494 Views)
Sackboy
638 posts

Re: Mass Effect finally coming to PS3 in ME Trilogy

Sep 26, 2012
OMG ! This is such a good news for PlayStation fans. We all know ME1 was an exclusive Microsoft Xbox 360 before.

I haven't played ME2 yet in my backlog. I'm interested in playing ME1 first if this game available on PSN in November. Yay !
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 2 of 15 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I own all of these for PS3, but **bleep** I'm going to have to buy them again. Having Mass Effect on PSN just won't do I need that disc, that Platinum....

Message 3 of 15 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I just heard about this, and OMG, I couldn't believe it.  That means I can play the ME game the way I wanted it.  Here's hoping Bayonetta 2 will end up getting a PS3/360 port.

Message 4 of 15 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I started this game with ME2 and loved it. Played through ME3 great game and couldn't get enough. Went back an played through ME1 on xBox, and loved the story of that game. Ever sence wanted to play through all three on one system. Very excited about this announcement, can't wait for it to hit the PS3 (my guess mid December). However I have some concerns. 

ME1 came out several years back, and was a beautiful game. But will it get an updated treatment for this collection, much the same as ME2 got when it was released on the PS3. I'm not talking a massive overall, just sharpened up. That isn't so much a concern as it is a hope. My real concern is with it's combat. That area is in desprate need of a massive overhall because it was pretty much broken when the game came out and it hasnt aged well. The cover system most of all. Will all the DLC be included from M.E 1 to the new Omega DLC comming in November also be included. I'm hoping so. 

Message 5 of 15 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Shame ME1 won't be available separately on disc. I wonder if the DLC will be included?

Message 6 of 15 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9869 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Hopefully it does include all of the DLC that's been released for both Mass Effect 2 and 3. Excited about this none the less, I always wanted to play Mass Effect 1 and only played ME2 and hold out on getting ME3 for some reason hoping all three games would get a trilogy of sorts.
Message 7 of 15 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3159 posts

Sep 28, 2012

So, they won't be selling ME1 individualy? I don't wanna but the whole collection just want ME1.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 8 of 15 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Sep 29, 2012

They're selling it individually on PSN, just not on disc.

Message 9 of 15 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4683 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Well this is definitely great news since I was unable to have a xbox to play the first one. I have both the 2nd one and the third one and now I can play the first one. I am just going to buy the PSN Download for 15 bucks, I hope it comes with goodies or dlc? I think doing a run through from the beginning might give me a different perspective than just going off by the comic. I think I can keep Captain Kirrahe alive so he shows up in ME3.

I think all they need is to redo the end or the extended cut, I thought the 2d images were out of place and didn't feel like it, they fit the whole universe. Also I think they should keep Shepard alive and tell another story, but that is just me. 

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 10 of 15 (379 Views)
0 Likes