Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 12 2011
By: Zelisius Treasure Hunter 8923 posts

New Game + questions

11 replies 15 views Edited Mar 12, 2011

I'm only 13 hours in I've already started thinking about NG+.

I'm wanting to know if I will have to do the digital comic again, or will I skip that since this is a 2nd playthrough toon?

I'm kinda of hoping that I do get to redo the digi comic since I wanted to change one thing... and that was the relationship between Shepherd and either That blue chick or Ashley.

I chose the blue chick the first time and would actually like to change it ashley.

Message 1 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Re: New Game + questions

Mar 12, 2011

Zel,

Just finished the game myself but haven't started a new game yet....but I don't think you do the comic a second time(?)  Maybe we can get someone to chime in on this..

Message 2 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1536 posts

Mar 12, 2011

Yes you can do the comic a 2nd time bro lol. i have done two play thrus and saw the comic twice now!    Photobucket

Raptr Gamercard

The Death of Home is apon us! Deal with it!
I like R2 options!
Message 3 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Mar 12, 2011

Thanks for the reply on that!  Maybe you can answer another question....

When I finished the game, it asked me if I wanted to pick one of two options, continue with my same toon and finish any quests or go to the main menu.  I picked the first, not really knowing what to do and not realizing that I don't have any quests/missions left in my journal.  So I guess my question is how I do end this file now?  It doesn't appear I have aythng left to do on this game and would like to move on to a new game +

Message 4 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Mar 14, 2011

d15-149 wrote:

When I finished the game, it asked me if I wanted to pick one of two options, continue with my same toon and finish any quests or go to the main menu.  I picked the first, not really knowing what to do and not realizing that I don't have any quests/missions left in my journal.  So I guess my question is how I do end this file now?  It doesn't appear I have aythng left to do on this game and would like to move on to a new game +

That's interesting. Gonna have to look out for that.

Ya.. I have the option to start the suicide mission right now, but I need to get 4 more people loyal to me.

I think I need Tali, Zaeed. Samara and Jack to be loyal before I attempt the suicide mission.

Other then that, I just have a few places left to check out and I need to get my paragon up just a lil bit more to be maxed out.

Man, this game is just sick.. it's like star wars, star trek and babylon 5 all mixed into 1!

So D15.... who was your relationship with?

I got miranda saying she'll "stop by" next time things are quiet lol.

*SPoilers*

And since my ship just got boarded by collectors, it's pretty dang empty now.

I swear, I thought I had did something wrong to cause that to happen and wound up restarting from an old save, only to find out the boarding scene was just part of the story. I freaked!

Message 5 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2153 posts

Mar 14, 2011

You can start a new game at any time and import your old character.

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 6 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Mar 16, 2011

Zelisius wrote:

d15-149 wrote:

Ya.. I have the option to start the suicide mission right now, but I need to get 4 more people loyal to me.

I think I need Tali, Zaeed. Samara and Jack to be loyal before I attempt the suicide mission.

Other then that, I just have a few places left to check out and I need to get my paragon up just a lil bit more to be maxed out.

Man, this game is just sick.. it's like star wars, star trek and babylon 5 all mixed into 1!

*SPoilers*

I swear, I thought I had did something wrong to cause that to happen and wound up restarting from an old save, only to find out the boarding scene was just part of the story. I freaked!

LOL, Zel!  I went with Miranda too!  Jack was throwing herself at me along with Tali.  Almost went with Tali cause I liked her personality but did pick her up till late in the game, so I felt like I had worked to hard to get Miranda to the "I'll stop by..."

Excellent description of the game by the way!

And yes, I can't tell you how many times when the collectors boarded, I wasn't patient enough with Joker to wait for that second door to be clear, arrghhh!!  The loading times to start over each time, sheesh!

What did you do for new game?  Start a new Shep or import?  I'm leary of importing because I like how everything turned out in my first play thru and would like that file to be used for import into ME3 when it finally comes out.  But I'm not even sure if importing into NG+ effects those original choices(?)

Message 7 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Mar 17, 2011

d15-149 wrote:

Zelisius wrote:

d15-149 wrote:

*SPoilers*

LOL, Zel!  I went with Miranda too!  Jack was throwing herself at me along with Tali.  Almost went with Tali cause I liked her personality but did pick her up till late in the game, so I felt like I had worked to hard to get Miranda to the "I'll stop by..."

And yes, I can't tell you how many times when the collectors boarded, I wasn't patient enough with Joker to wait for that second door to be clear, arrghhh!!  The loading times to start over each time, sheesh!

What did you do for new game?  Start a new Shep or import?  I'm leary of importing because I like how everything turned out in my first play thru and would like that file to be used for import into ME3 when it finally comes out.  But I'm not even sure if importing into NG+ effects those original choices(?)

I imported. It creates a whole new save, so it's ok to import.

The downside... all weapon and ship upgrades must be done again. You don't start with all your resources that you had when you beat the game, but you stay at same level and you can access a team mates unique skill to start with.

*Spoilers*

I went with the geth shield for my infiltrator, but I may respec and get Kasumi's flashbangs instead.

I also wanted/needed the trophy for the lvl 30 character and I want to play through again to get the PLAT as well as save my entire crew this time!

Which means I gotta do all loyalties except Legions before the reaper IFF mission, then do legions RIGHT after that, then start the suicide mission, otherwise, my whole crew dies!

I'm also playing on insanity.... man, just as the name implies, it is INSANE!

I think I'm going to have to get that Widow sniper rifle this time around (I picked up the shotty for versatility first run through.)

Already got my team picked out though: Jack, Grunt and my infiltrator. Jack is just cool! I really like the badass attitude and she is crazy at biotics!

Message 8 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Mar 17, 2011

Zelisius wrote:

d15-149 wrote:

Zelisius wrote:

d15-149 wrote:

*SPoilers*

The downside... all weapon and ship upgrades must be done again. You don't start with all your resources that you had when you beat the game, but you stay at same level and you can access a team mates unique skill to start with.

*Spoilers*

I went with the geth shield for my infiltrator, but I may respec and get Kasumi's flashbangs instead.

I also wanted/needed the trophy for the lvl 30 character and I want to play through again to get the PLAT as well as save my entire crew this time!

Which means I gotta do all loyalties except Legions before the reaper IFF mission, then do legions RIGHT after that, then start the suicide mission, otherwise, my whole crew dies!

I think I'm going to have to get that Widow sniper rifle this time around (I picked up the shotty for versatility first run through.)

Already got my team picked out though: Jack, Grunt and my infiltrator. Jack is just cool! I really like the badass attitude and she is crazy at biotics!

Ahhh very cool!  Thanks for the info, wasn't sure what would happen on an import of my Shep, good to know and I do want the lvl 30 trophy too.  I can handle the starting over and re-upgrading.  Very cool to start out with a member's power, I'll prolly pick one of the trophy powers (warp, overload, or incinerate)  How's insanity comin along?  I went full paragon and will prolly go for renegade next.

SPOILERS

I managed to save everyone the first time.  Might consider just getting some favorite squad mates to shorten up an insanty run, we'll see yet, haven't made up my mind.

Message 9 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Mar 22, 2011

d15-149 wrote:

Zelisius wrote:

d15-149 wrote:

Zelisius wrote:

d15-149 wrote:

*SPoilers*

*Spoilers*

Ahhh very cool!  Thanks for the info, wasn't sure what would happen on an import of my Shep, good to know and I do want the lvl 30 trophy too.  I can handle the starting over and re-upgrading.  Very cool to start out with a member's power, I'll prolly pick one of the trophy powers (warp, overload, or incinerate)  How's insanity comin along?  I went full paragon and will prolly go for renegade next.

SPOILERS

I managed to save everyone the first time.  Might consider just getting some favorite squad mates to shorten up an insanty run, we'll see yet, haven't made up my mind.

I just finished my insanity run the other night.

All team members loyal, so they survived.

Managed to save my entire crew, too.

Best advice man....

If you are the infiltrator, take the Geth shielding.

I chose the path that only gave me the 75% shields, but also 10% additional weapon damage.

It's VERY handy on insanity since you can die in the blink of an eye! So when your shields drop, raise the geth sheild and take advantage of it's additional weapon boost and mow people down!

And I believe you can actually upgrade the shielding using some resources you find which improve geth shield strength.

And when you play again, make sure you make all ammo upgrades TEAM upgrades so everyone gets the tools to handle the job.

After playing insanity, my favorite team is "The Geek Squad"

Tali

Legion

Infiltrator Shephard

ALL with AI hacking and those 2 have decoy, which is a life savor!

For gear, I used:
Kuwashii Visor (Extra 10% damage on Headshots)

Capacitor Chestplate (Reduces shield recharge by 10%)

Kestral Shoulder Pieces (8% increase to shield strength and 10% increase to melee damage)

Off-Hand ammo pack (10% increase to stored ammo capacity)

Stimulator Conduits (Increase sprint speed by 10%)

As for toys:

M-5 Phalanx: Great vs armor and just beast!

M-9 Tempest: Not as tough as the M-12 Locust, but it holds 30 extra rounds and does better vs shields and Barriers. Plus the thing sounds like the pulse rifle that the space marines used in ALIENS! Had to keep it on me at all times after I heard that sound.

M-98 Widow: The BOOM stick

Game was tough as hell, but OOOHH so fun and satisfying.

Got my plat and have a Paragon (with some renegade. He doesn't take alot of crap)

Now to work on a renegade, but not sure what build to use... Looking at either soldier, adept or vanguard. what sounds better to u?

Message 10 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes