Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 21 2011
By: Scrub_Ace First Son 1 posts

Platinum Mass Effect 2 Question

4 replies 65 views Edited Feb 21, 2011

Does Kasumi: Stolen Memories, Project Overlord, and Shadow of the Lair Broker count as DLC for Mass Effect 2, because i completed Project Overlord early in the game and I either wasnt good enough or it was too hard to disable the VI in insanity, so i lowered the difficulty for a little bit until i could get past a certain point and moved it back up to insanity. Will I still be able to get the platinum trophy? Because if they do count as DLC, than i know it won't matter cuz DLC does not count for getting a platinum.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Re: Platinum Mass Effect 2 Question

Feb 22, 2011

Unfortunately, no.  You have to complete the game on Insanity without changing the difficulty setting.  Maybe you'll get lucky and the game won't detect it because it was within the DLC.  I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Feb 22, 2011

Scrub_Ace wrote:

Does Kasumi: Stolen Memories, Project Overlord, and Shadow of the Lair Broker count as DLC for Mass Effect 2, because i completed Project Overlord early in the game and I either wasnt good enough or it was too hard to disable the VI in insanity, so i lowered the difficulty for a little bit until i could get past a certain point and moved it back up to insanity. Will I still be able to get the platinum trophy? Because if they do count as DLC, than i know it won't matter cuz DLC does not count for getting a platinum.

I'm currently running through on Insanity but I am planning to skip Project Overlord if at all possible. I'm not sure if they count as optional content as far as the Platinum Trophy goes, but if you've already gone through it and changed the difficulty then I'm fairly certain you're out of luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 22, 2011

Yeah man you're out of luck, but to get the insanity trophy you don't have to do overlord, shadow broker, etc. If you just want the insanity trophy, you can just do a quick speed run and not do any loyalty missions to get to the end as soon as possible

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1248 posts

Mar 12, 2011

Unfortunatly thou if you change the difficulty on the game you wont get it! it says so for the requirements. but good luck on your next attempt! And yes that VI was a beast on Insanity.  Photobucket

Raptr Gamercard

How much longer dose PSHome have? The end is nigh friends!
I like R2 options!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes