Aug 17 2011
By: Dramscus Uncharted Territory 2201 posts

Retail vs psn price.

5 replies 328 views Edited Aug 17, 2011

I was at futureshop the other day and saw that mass effect 2 had dropped down to 39.99 from 59.99. As I preferred to buy a digital copy I rushed home to check the price on PSN.
Low and behold it was still 59.99, taking it instride and it being sunday I figured the price had dropped between tuesdays and just hadn't rolled out on the psn yet.

So tuesday comes around and no price drop. Now I'm figuring that there is some BS going on somewhere in regards to this and am rather irritated. I've been waitingf since release for this game to come down in price.

As a very late port it should never have been released at 59.99 to begin with. 49.99 maybe 39.99 like hd collecttions and some other games was what I was expecting.

So now sadly I'm probably just not going to buy this game ever as a result of corperate greed. I realy really would like to play it but this has left me feeling burned.

I don't know why I'm posting this but I figured the mass effect board would be a good place to vent

Message 1 of 6 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

Re: Retail vs psn price.

Aug 18, 2011

F*CK PSN ,, they overprice all their games.

I guess many lemmings buy them, or else they couldnt overcharge every "drop".

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 6 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Aug 28, 2011

Brozz65 wrote:

F*CK PSN ,, they overprice all their games.

I guess many lemmings buy them, or else they couldnt overcharge every "drop".

I Agree with this man 100%. I got ME2 Used for 25 bucks with the option of returning it and gettin all my money back. PSN 60 bucks and no option to return it.

Message 3 of 6 (328 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12705 posts

Aug 29, 2011

It's up to retailers.

The PS Store most likely sells at MSRP, but any retailer can sell for less than that if they desire. Just because a price drop happens in one store doesn't mean it will happen in others, including the PS Store.

That's basically why. And if the PS Store were to "compete" with retailers, the retailers could choose not to support Sony and their products (and they would lose a lot of money).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 6 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Aug 29, 2011

I agree, PSN purchases should be 'cheaper' than retail by at least $5, as there is no middle man taking a cut (apart from the PSN !?) and no staff/location overages etc.

I am psyched about the Vita being non UMD, as it will lead to better battery life, carts boot faster, are sturdier and can be download friendly, but I hate the fact that all my old classic PSP game UMD's (Tactics Ogre/Patapon/Ridge Racer/FFTactics/Crisis Core/P3 etc) will become collectable dust magnets that I will either have to re-buy at extortionate PSN prices, or keep a PSP around just for old titles. Some kind of trade in program would be great, once Vita's out, I wont want to keep hold of my PSP if Ithere is some way I can transfer these classics to it.

Another thing PSN should allow is buying people on your friendslist content, STEAM & the Wii VC can, so why can't PSN ?

Message 5 of 6 (328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 12, 2012
some bs
Message 6 of 6 (325 Views)
0 Likes