Feb 10 2012
By: rojito Treasure Hunter 7073 posts

Medal of Honor Info Thread

51 replies 1046 views Edited Feb 10, 2012

VIDEOS:

NEW! Fallen Angel Multiplayer gameplay trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fallen-angel-medal-of/703707

Consultants Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-medal-of/702960

GTTV Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/100?ch=1&sd=1

^How is this any different from COD?

Linkin Park Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTtOVa1DZJ8

^that beard-guy is a bad-ass.

Linkin Park Teaser Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYkqYWYuyAI

^Not sure the music fit that video.

Limited Edition Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Spz8mXd11A

The Limited Edition costs exactly the same as the regular version. You can pre-order it at retailers everywhere at the same price as the normal edition (GameStop). The box art and the extra weapons are the only difference between the 2 versions of the game.

Don’t forget that the Limited Edition for PS3 will include a special remake of Medal of Honor: Frontline

Rifleman Beta Gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/700970.html

Sniper Beta Gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/700981.html

Spec Ops Beta Gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/700983.html

Executive Producer Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmD5aLP690

Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/65313.html

^Where is the beard man!?

Tier One Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-tier-medal-of/63075

^ trailer needs more beards!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/medal-of-spike-tv/59826

Looks like another Modern Warfare game.

LATEST INFO:

NEW:  Supposed improvements being made to the game due to beta feedback include:

Improved Hit Detection

This was a very big issue and came up many times in the forums. We are glad to say that hit detection has been vastly improved. We really tightened up the mechanics and essentially, wherever the bullet hits on the body — that is where the hit registers. It is even possible to shoot and have the bullet go between someone’s legs – it is that precise!

Weapon Pickups

Out of ammo? No longer do you need to find an ammo crate. Find the nearest dead enemy/friendly and pick up their weapon. And remember, the knife knows no ammunition, so if you really want to be Tier 1 — pull out that bad boy and start slashing your way to victory.

Support Actions Balanced

We heard the outcry and we have made adjustments. The support actions were tweaked and are now more difficult to achieve. There is always a fine line between what is too hard and what is too easy, but we think we have balanced it pretty well. It is just not fun when you are getting nailed with rocket and mortar attacks every 20 seconds.

Unlock Tree Expanded and Balanced

Your ascension to Tier 1 status will now be even more eventful. The unlock tree has been expanded for every weapon, providing an extensive series of choices.

Crash Fixes

Every beta has its crashes and the Medal of Honor beta was no different. We know it is frustrating, but it is all part of the beta process. The good news is that we have fixed the crashes and resolved a number of connectivity issues.

Major Graphic Overhaul

The graphics have been overhauled and upgraded. We are happy to report that the game looks even more spectacular than before.

Weapons

The weapons are essential to gameplay, obviously, and we made sure to concentrate on getting them right. The list is long and the changes are many. From zoom spread to damage inflicted, rest assured that every weapon has been modified.

These changes and fixes are just the tip of the iceberg. As we move toward the game’s release, we continue to improve the game every single day.

In a move that seems to make no sense whatsoever, if you preorder the limited edition copy of the game, you'll get into the beta for a game we know nothing about (Battlefield 3) which isn't coming out anytime soon. Info here: http://www.medalofhonor.com/battlefield3

Why are they using the beta to sell this game rather than, you know, actually test the game.

Linkin Park's next single will be featued in the game.

The beta, originally scheduled to be closed on the 17th, is now extended "to the end of the month."

A patch is coming soon.

Our first patch planned for the PlayStation 3 will be going live in the next several days, and address a number of stability issues, including but not limited to:

•         Various in-game crashes (including fixing bugs around scoreboard access, and support actions received while using AK47 & AKs74u)
•         Improving performance, with greatest gains in crowded environments
•         Improving matchmaking configurations
•         Improving join-friend functionality

- Patrick Liu, Producer

Multiplayer Beta test goes live on June 21.

EA announced today that the highly-anticipated modern shooter will launch on October 12, 2010 in North America (Oct. 15 in EU).

Medal of Honor leaves the WWII theatre for the first time in its 11-year history and enters the modern day setting of war-torn Afghanistan seen though the lens of a small band of fictional characters. As well, players will be introduced to the Tier 1 Operator, an elite warrior and relatively unknown instrument of the U.S. Military that operates under the National Command Authority, taking on missions no one else can handle.

The Medal of Honor single-player campaign is being developed by Electronic Arts in Los Angeles who has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the U.S. Special Operations Community to create the most authentic modern war experience possible. To compliment the single-player experience, EALA has enlisted the multiplayer expertise of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. Together these studios are poised to reset the franchise for a new generation this fall.

MY BETA OPINIONS:

I'm in the beta but right now things are not looking too good. It’s no where even close to Call of duty 4 right now. Magic bullets can hit you around corners. There's a bunch of times where we shoot each other and kill each other at the same time (really annoying). Then there is the magic sniper shots that can shoot through walls. Spawn camping is prevalent and is ridiculously easy on the Team Assault map ‘Kabul’. The controls feel the same as BFBC2.  It takes a lot of rounds to kill enemies. The screen freezes a bit when you are about to die. If you call in an artillery strike and die before it comes in, it seems you don't get any of the kills you would have gotten with the strike had you stayed alive. I'm not liking the recent trend of these games where the amount of players has remained relatively low but map sizes are increasing. These games are not playable unless you want to snipe all day. For instance, in Bad Company 2 the snipers dominate. You'll rack up a ton of kills. The only person who can take you out is another sniper. At this point, I wouldn't buy this game.

I think this game is a poor effort on EA/Dice's part. It really looks like a money grab. The multiplayer is basically like a  BBC2 expansion. They need to fix the spawn points. They should also limit the number of snipers allowed per team. And maybe increase there spawn times to limit there effect.

SCREENSHOTS:

Visit medalofhonor.com. Follow the game on twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/medalofhonor. Become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/medalofhonor.

Photobucket
Message 47 of 52 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11923 posts

Re: Medal of Honor Trailer

Dec 13, 2009
Medal of Honor is coming back with a bang. I have a very good feeling about this game.
Message 1 of 52 (1,046 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8603 posts

Dec 13, 2009

xLord-Slothx wrote:
Medal of Honor is coming back with a bang. I have a very good feeling about this game.

Indeed. Its very early into development, but considering DICE is handling the multiplayer, and another team is handling the singleplayer, I have a great feeling about this game. Its not another "Lets half-ass the singleplayer and make the multiplayer AMAZING", this is a quality shooter. And the whole Modern Warfare setting makes it even better.

I am a little annoyed with people saying that its clearly going to be a rip-off of MW/MW2. I mean Jesus. There were millions of millions of people saying they'd never buy another game if it was in World War II, and then Medal Of Honor still gets flak because its going into a modern setting. But thats fine I guess. Because it is only a matter of time before the daddy of FPS comes back.

Take back the future
Message 2 of 52 (1,046 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11923 posts

Dec 13, 2009

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

xLord-Slothx wrote:

Indeed. Its very early into development, but considering DICE is handling the multiplayer, and another team is handling the singleplayer, I have a great feeling about this game. Its not another "Lets half-ass the singleplayer and make the multiplayer AMAZING", this is a quality shooter. And the whole Modern Warfare setting makes it even better.

I am a little annoyed with people saying that its clearly going to be a rip-off of MW/MW2. I mean Jesus. There were millions of millions of people saying they'd never buy another game if it was in World War II, and then Medal Of Honor still gets flak because its going into a modern setting. But thats fine I guess. Because it is only a matter of time before the daddy of FPS comes back.

Yep, it's time for Medal of Honor to take backs it's thrown. I'm certainly ready for it to. With two seperate teams working on Campaign and Multiplayer, it's just going to be a much better all around game. Though, I know Medal of Honor is a campaign power house -- I'm more interested in the Multiplayer at the moment because of the DICE heading the shop annoucement. I'm just wondering how they are going to take on this games multiplayer. Will they make ita straight forward competitor to COD or will they stick with Bad Company/Battlefield like gameplay? Or will they try something completely new? 

All I really want out of it is a straight forward competitive shooter. No silly killstreaks, no silly perks. A game that takes skill to actually complete objectives to win, you know? Also, the pacing of character movement doesn't really need to be slow for the game to stay realistic. That's the one thing that makes me can't stand BC/BC2. 

I don't know, I guess we will see how it all turns out soon. At the moment, I'm extremely excited and can't wait for more news/information.

Message 3 of 52 (1,046 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1902 posts

Dec 13, 2009

rojito wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGGvm_2wxY

You're obviously a person who has never heard of Medal of Honor, probably thinks that this is the first Medal of Honor game, and probably believes that the CoD series began before the glory that is MoH. Now you're going to go to Wikipedia. Go ahead. 

To the people who think the new Medal of Honor is ripping off of MW. Do you really think they just started working on MoH right after the MW series? The MoH series has been alive since 1999. I'm sure they've had time to make plans for the series' future.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 52 (1,046 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8603 posts

Dec 13, 2009

xLord-Slothx wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

xLord-Slothx wrote:

Yep, it's time for Medal of Honor to take backs it's thrown. I'm certainly ready for it to. With two seperate teams working on Campaign and Multiplayer, it's just going to be a much better all around game. Though, I know Medal of Honor is a campaign power house -- I'm more interested in the Multiplayer at the moment because of the DICE heading the shop annoucement. I'm just wondering how they are going to take on this games multiplayer. Will they make ita straight forward competitor to COD or will they stick with Bad Company/Battlefield like gameplay? Or will they try something completely new? 

All I really want out of it is a straight forward competitive shooter. No silly killstreaks, no silly perks. A game that takes skill to actually complete objectives to win, you know? Also, the pacing of character movement doesn't really need to be slow for the game to stay realistic. That's the one thing that makes me can't stand BC/BC2. 

I don't know, I guess we will see how it all turns out soon. At the moment, I'm extremely excited and can't wait for more news/information.

I hope they sort of do what Killzone 2 did and give us the variety, but also have the straight up fun team-deathmatch modes. I mean it is awesome that DICE is a multiplayer powerhouse, but I really hope they don't do what Bad Company did and is doing. This is a new game and I'm sure they can bring some original ideas while still leaving it simple enough to be awesome.

I just wonder how vehicles will play out in multiplayer, from the looks of that trailer, we will get to pilot a Helicopter at least. I hope they include at least the simple team-deathmatch without vehicles. Sometimes in Bad Company 2 I feel like the tanks are a little out of hand. Most times you'll get people who don't want to take care of the tank or just ignore it. That brings down the fun and by the time you take care of the first tank, they've already got another.

If they do have heavy combat vehicles like tanks and whatnot, I hope they give incentive to get rid of them. Like more points for killing it.

Take back the future
Message 5 of 52 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11923 posts

Dec 13, 2009

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

xLord-Slothx wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

xLord-Slothx wrote:

I hope they sort of do what Killzone 2 did and give us the variety, but also have the straight up fun team-deathmatch modes. I mean it is awesome that DICE is a multiplayer powerhouse, but I really hope they don't do what Bad Company did and is doing. This is a new game and I'm sure they can bring some original ideas while still leaving it simple enough to be awesome.

I just wonder how vehicles will play out in multiplayer, from the looks of that trailer, we will get to pilot a Helicopter at least. I hope they include at least the simple team-deathmatch without vehicles. Sometimes in Bad Company 2 I feel like the tanks are a little out of hand. Most times you'll get people who don't want to take care of the tank or just ignore it. That brings down the fun and by the time you take care of the first tank, they've already got another.

If they do have heavy combat vehicles like tanks and whatnot, I hope they give incentive to get rid of them. Like more points for killing it.

Totally agree. I think this new MOH needs a new multiplayer to go with it. Variety of gamemodes, though I hope they stay away from vehicles for the most part. It would be okay to have them in say a coop mission or maybe a larger style gamemode. But I really hope there are more straight up gun against gun gamemodes. Vehicles makes things way to off balance in my opinion, but they can be done right in some occasions. 

I would be perfectly fine if you were able to pilot helicopters and AC130s in the multiplayer (ala MW2) but do NOT make them so easy to get. Also, make them only available in certain large Warzone/Ground War type gamemodes. This is where I think IW went wrong. I don't want to have to fight against some gun ship while trying to play capture the flag, you know. I just want to play gun against gun in that type of match. 

I'm sure DICE will do an excellent job. They know what they are doing and they know the target players they are aiming for to play this game. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out though. Really excited for some more information. 

Message 6 of 52 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Dec 13, 2009
IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!
Photobucket
Message 7 of 52 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8603 posts

Dec 14, 2009

xLord-Slothx wrote:
Totally agree. I think this new MOH needs a new multiplayer to go with it. Variety of gamemodes, though I hope they stay away from vehicles for the most part. It would be okay to have them in say a coop mission or maybe a larger style gamemode. But I really hope there are more straight up gun against gun gamemodes. Vehicles makes things way to off balance in my opinion, but they can be done right in some occasions. 

I would be perfectly fine if you were able to pilot helicopters and AC130s in the multiplayer (ala MW2) but do NOT make them so easy to get. Also, make them only available in certain large Warzone/Ground War type gamemodes. This is where I think IW went wrong. I don't want to have to fight against some gun ship while trying to play capture the flag, you know. I just want to play gun against gun in that type of match. 

I'm sure DICE will do an excellent job. They know what they are doing and they know the target players they are aiming for to play this game. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out though. Really excited for some more information. 

Very much so. I mean there are times where people just camp and wait and wait and camp for the next tank to spawn, not helping out anyone or doing anything to win. Just waiting for the tank. I mean, the most people I see in Bad Company 2 that are the highest levels, they are constantly in tanks. There is nothing wrong with that, I always repair tanks and tanks do help out, but you get times where the other team doesn't have a tank to counteract the enemy tank and then its just a total ownage fest. There is nothing you can do because by the time you destroy one of their tanks, they've got another.

And the killstreaks do get annoying. The only ones I use are Airstrike, Harrier Strike and a Pavelow. I don't use any Chopper Gunner nonsense or any AC130. I used to use them, but its one thing sitting 1300 feet in the air shooting at people with a deathship, but thats not really skill. I mean anyone can camp and get anything these days. For instance, one game in MW2, while I didn't camp(I was sniping in the middle of the map) I got a 24 killstreak, given that the host left and while it found a new host, they erased my stats for the round, the point is: Sit in one place and if you watch your back, you can literally be a god.

Chopper Gunner is the worst though. It automatically locks onto enemies and not only that, but they glow white hot with red boxes around them. Thats how most people get their kills. I mean I've had games where I used the Chopper Gunner and the enemies kept spawning in the same place, in groups, outside, right in my line of fire. Had a crazy killstreak going.

I just really hope DICE will do what Infinity Ward failed to do: Sit there and ask "Is this a good idea?" because MW2 would have been MUCH better if IW would have asked those questions. I mean, no one ever went "We took out Juggernaut and left in Stopping Power, is that a good idea?" Which it isn't.

As long as DICE takes a logical train of thought, along with their knowledge of making games awesome, I'm sure Medal Of Honor will be amazing.

Take back the future
Message 8 of 52 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7073 posts

Dec 14, 2009

OnlyRevolutions wrote:

rojito wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGGvm_2wxY

You're obviously a person who has never heard of Medal of Honor, probably thinks that this is the first Medal of Honor game, and probably believes that the CoD series began before the glory that is MoH. Now you're going to go to Wikipedia. Go ahead. 

To the people who think the new Medal of Honor is ripping off of MW. Do you really think they just started working on MoH right after the MW series? The MoH series has been alive since 1999. I'm sure they've had time to make plans for the series' future.

You're obviously a person who is full of themselves and jumps to baseless conclusions. How do you take one simple (and IMO OBVIOUS) statement and conclude I've never heard of MoH and blah,blah,(Wishes I could throw my copy of Frontline in your face for being so juvenile and WRONG!) 

Can you honestly say that trailer is not reminiscent of COD MW games.

AC130 gunship death. Beaten soldiers tied to chairs. The shot of the man opening and closing the metal shutter door of the garage. Quad = Skidoo.
I think it’s entirely possible they are deliberately trying to appear to be similar to CODMW because it's popular. I'm just hoping for something a little better.

This is being revived by EA. Surely you've heard of them. EA have blatantly copied successful games without shame.

Modern Warfare is probably the most successful non-MMO game on the market.

Obviously, I haven't seen or played anything except for this trailer and all I'm saying is it looks like Modern Warfare. This may turn out to be better than Modern Warfare. It may turn out to be better than Spec Ops: The Line also but at least Spec Ops is reviving a series through an original setting with interesting ideas (an exploration of post-apocalyptic Dubai where the sand itself contributes a large amount to the game).

Photobucket
Message 9 of 52 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes