Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 02 2010
By: fuzzyclutter I Only Post Everything 980 posts

MoH Combat mission : too tactical ????

4 replies 9 views Edited Dec 2, 2010
First of all ... love this game , with the exception of of one mode ... Combat mission . The majority of expierience goes something like this

1. You get put on the team with the least tactical finess and it's a slaughter . the other team has the objective covered from every possible angle and there is nothing to do but hide behind obstacles .

2. your on the supior team and your team has the objective covered from every angle and theres nothing to do but sit and wait for the first thing that moves .

3. The mexican stand off ... the maps locked up , everybody defensively and offensively has everyoby covered . nobody is doing anything except taking the occasional potshot and hiding behind cover

Dont get me wrong ... i think combat mission would be awsome if onl one could get 24 of their friends together that are on the same page tactically . however , as we are all aware getting 24 friends together online can be like trying to catch a unicorn .. So we usually find ourselves connecting to a group of strangers , most without mics . on maps that literally demand tact , because of their limited mobility options , and typically one of the three scenerarios take place . it's not a bad mode . it's just mode that just isnt designed for 12 strangers who isnt on the asamepage .

I will use battlefied 2 for comparison . although a team benefits greatly for teamwork . , it is still possible for an individual to perform well , at the personal leval . because of the many tactical/mobility options , unlike MoH where .. if your team isnt providing adequate cover ... your cannon fodder . Combat mission is a good mode that's going to be very rariily expierienced as it was intended not because it was poorly designed ... but because of the random and chaotic way we as players hook up a meet online . You can only get so much tactic from a sparingly miced, Nobody is familiar with anybody team . . Great mode .. but the prime conditions to make it fun ... is far and in between.
" As much as I would like for people to communicate and use their mics it will never happen. Party chat insured that. " - as stated in a xbox forum concerning with cross game chat ruining team oriented gaming..... becarefull what you wish for .
Message 1 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
980 posts

Re: MoH Combat mission : too tactical ????

Dec 2, 2010
oops i forgot to mention one more scenario that happens . your team rips through the objectives so quickly , you dont even get a chance to encounter the enemy and win the round with a 0/0 k/d . with 0 rounds fired .
" As much as I would like for people to communicate and use their mics it will never happen. Party chat insured that. " - as stated in a xbox forum concerning with cross game chat ruining team oriented gaming..... becarefull what you wish for .
Message 2 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 2, 2010

I disagree.  Combat mission is the only mode I play because it's the most enjoyable.  Sure, sometimes it depends the team you get thrown into which accounts for the first 2 scenarios you mentioned.  However, those first two scenarios aren't very common.  I have rarely, if ever experienced your third scenario.  And the 4th scenario, pretty much never.  What I experience most, in all honesty, is random outcomes.  There have been times where I played for a few hours straight on the same team with the same players against the same team and players and it was impossible to predict which side would win.  

And what you mentioned at the end of your first post, you can't blame your results on the team.  It's not that hard to get kills/points if others on your team aren't "helping" you.  It's hard to get kill streaks and point streaks though.  That's why I prefer sniping.  Some people hate snipers, but they never have any complaints when I have like 40 kills to 5 deaths and drop support actions on the objectives they are trying to take over.  There are right times to be a sniper and right times to be spec ops/rifleman.

Message 3 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
980 posts

Dec 2, 2010
"  There have been times where I played for a few hours straight on the same team with the same players against the same team and players "

REALLY ??? because i have as of yet , outside of an organized tournament , or clan match have the teams stay exactly the same for a few hours ... hell , lucky they stay the same for 45 min .

"It's not that hard to get kills/points if others on your team aren't "helping" you ."

I didnt say anything about points or kills in the first post ... i was pointing to the fact that unless your team can provide cover . particularly during the first objective where you secure the plane wreck on the mountain . if the other team is highly tactical and covers every angle . a sparingly miced , thrown together team where everbody is doing their own thing ... it's a slaughter . im more objective oriented during objective based games . i dont want to spend tiiime hiding behind a rock collecting points only to see the "you lose " screen .. if i want that then i'll just play death match .

if all one cares about are kills and points .. well of course there isnt any problems for those folks because to them , every game is a death match game . i could careless about a high k/d . as far as im concerned i can kill 6 to one butt if my efforts failed to stop guy number 7 from getting the objective ... because thats all it takes ... one guy . , then what good the 6 kills ? besides personal enhancement of stats .
Message 4 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
980 posts

Dec 3, 2010
I'm mean .. to really sum it up . it's not a bad mode . it 's just that a really satiisfying game is fewer than than what i expierience on BF2 . Dont get me wrong ... when you have 2 teams of similar tacttical finess OR lack therof up against each other , the game is very satisffying , but when their is a significant gap in tactical finess on either side the game turns into a turkey shoot unlike BF2 where even a team of SKILLED lonewolfs can put up a formidable fight against an organized team . They may not win , but i dont mind losing an action packed , fire fights everywhere , bothsides pounding the hell out of each other game , much more satisfying than winning a game OVERWHELMINGLY because the opponants only choice is to hide behind cover or die . as i stated before it's not really a problem of the game , but the nature of player matching and varying degrees of player preferences .

on a further note i like MoH 's sector control better than BF2 's capture the flag mode . The maps are tighter and seems to ensure opponents are more likely to encounter each other while enroute to another flag .
Message 5 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes