Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 21 2012
By: xRanmaru Monster Hunter 38 posts

Bring metal gear online back :(

38 replies 2878 views Edited Aug 21, 2012
Ayo..i miss that game so much...i cant even get comfortable with call of duty mang...bring back mgo pls :smileysad:
Message 1 of 39 (2,878 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Re: Bring metal gear online back :(

Aug 21, 2012

I have never got the chance to play metal gear online but after watching alot of metal gear online videoes on the youtube, I think it is amazing and I would love to see online multiplayer similar to it in Metal gear solid revengance or in Metal gear solid 5.

Message 2 of 39 (2,866 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Aug 21, 2012

The only MGO left is on Peace Walker. The HD collection version has improved dual analog stick controls, but still lacks first person view. If you miss MGO that much it's worth a shot.

Message 3 of 39 (2,861 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Aug 22, 2012

They will never bring it back, deal with it.

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Message 4 of 39 (2,855 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

Aug 22, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:

MGO3 with all the lessons they've learned implemented.  Should be a PSN/download title that's not tied to a specific era.  Go crazy with the content (uniforms from the various factions such as Genome Soldier, Gurlukovich Mercenaries, Tengu Soldiers, Haven Troopers, etc.).

Message 5 of 39 (2,839 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8235 posts

Aug 22, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:
MGO3 with all the lessons they've learned implemented.  Should be a PSN/download title that's not tied to a specific era.  Go crazy with the content (uniforms from the various factions such as Genome Soldier, Gurlukovich Mercenaries, Tengu Soldiers, Haven Troopers, etc.).

Pretty much. They have so much to go off in terms of weapons, item, outfits/uniforms and characters, and areas that it would be stupid to tie it down to one game. MGO was fun, they just need to tweak the gameplay a bit and balance it out. Didn't they do away with the whole Konami ID? If so they would all ready be on the right track.

If an online only FPS Batman game can be made, and seem to do OK, I don't see why an online only MGS game wouldn't work. :smileymad:

Message 6 of 39 (2,835 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2009 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

I think MGO will come back for the next major release in the series - but, for the PSN instead. KojiPro just screwed up its implementation in MGS 4. The sign-up with Konami IDs, etc, was just an unnecessary hassle that turned a lot of people away from the get-go.

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Message 7 of 39 (2,833 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Aug 23, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

I've wanted that stuff since I first heard about MGO2. What was the closest thing we got?

Some tournament prized Psycho Mantis mask. :smileymad:

Message 8 of 39 (2,823 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

Aug 23, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

I've wanted that stuff since I first heard about MGO2. What was the closest thing we got?

Some tournament prized Psycho Mantis mask. :smileymad:

well remember that there were only like 3 people working on MGO. they couldnt do everything. :smileysad:

Message 9 of 39 (2,821 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8235 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

They shouldn't have made the tournament and survival specific to the expansion packs. It should have been there from the get go, same with female characters. You really should not have to pay extra money for stuff that you expect to be in the game anyway, especially since before release they were saying it was a full game in itself. It is fine with stuff like extra bits for your character or maps, but actually having the ability to get decent amounts of points being tied to DLC was a bit stupid.

I think they probably need to rework the way you get new gear for your character anyway. :smileymad:

Message 10 of 39 (2,809 Views)
0 Likes