Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 03 2013
By: SergeantVincent Treasure Hunter 7393 posts

Can We Talk Excelsus for a Minute?

13 replies 1494 views Edited May 3, 2013

We're all in agreement that combat-wise it's the most useless MG right next to Raxa, right? And REX or RAY could easily just jump on top of it and make it cry like a turtle on its' back...Right?

Someone explain this to me, was Excelsus P*'s idea or KojiPro's? Because plot-wise, I don't see a point in it whatsoever. I mean did I miss something? "THIS THING CAN WIPE OUT ENTIRE CITIES BY STEPPING ON THEM MAN!"

Cool, REX had nukes. I mean...

Message 1 of 14 (1,494 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3838 posts

Re: Can We Talk Excelsus for a Minute?

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

I haven't played Rising yet, but you can't be so mean to RAXA :smileysad:. It was awesome for its age, later opaqued by ZEKE. The idea of putting RAXA into an ICBM and launch it into enemy territory so it can detach and launch its MIRVs was somewhat stupid, but it's not RAXA's fault :smileysad:.

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 2 of 14 (612 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32678 posts

May 4, 2013

dude, get over Excelsus already. :smileyvery-happy:

anyway, heres a neat picture.

4tr34t34tgf3w4t

Message 3 of 14 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

May 4, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

No! Metal Gears are turning into mere OBJECTS used for the sole purpose of a boss fight! Excelsus contributed nothing! 

I refuse.

Message 4 of 14 (197 Views)
Fender Bender
3838 posts

May 4, 2013

Remember watermelons?

Next Rising game will focus on Watermelon game-mechanics, Watermelon guns, Watermelon grenades, Watermelon suits. And then Metal Gear Sandia will be the final boss fight, it's capable of launching watermelons to outer space so they stay there until Sandia directs them to free-fall to the enemy base, undetectable by radar. He can also summon little Dwarf Melons to attack you, with their bullet seeds and all.

So powerful this Metal Gear will be.

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 5 of 14 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11393 posts

May 4, 2013

SergeantVincent wrote:

Excelsus contributed nothing! 

Only because you destroyed it! Just think of all of the poor cities that would have been trampled by it, had you not stepped in. Devastating!

Personally, I'm alright with it. Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, but I wasn't exactly taking the game seriously to begin with. Plus, that fight managed to terrify my cat, which earns it some bonus points.

Message 6 of 14 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32678 posts

May 4, 2013

SergeantVincent wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

No! Metal Gears are turning into mere OBJECTS used for the sole purpose of a boss fight! Excelsus contributed nothing! 

I refuse.

i honestly think it was a last thought creation.

they got towards the end of the scrip and realized they hadnt done anything with an actual Metal Gear, so they made one and crammed it in.

Message 7 of 14 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4964 posts

May 4, 2013

Phil0s0pher555 wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Only because you destroyed it! Just think of all of the poor cities that would have been trampled by it, had you not stepped in. Devastating!

Personally, I'm alright with it. Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, but I wasn't exactly taking the game seriously to begin with. Plus, that fight managed to terrify my cat, which earns it some bonus points.

Yeah. Gonna need pics of this terrified cat. Okay, thanks.

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 8 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8231 posts

May 4, 2013

What are you taking issue with? The fact that is ridculous, or the fact that it is called a Metal Gear? :smileymad:

Message 9 of 14 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Phil0s0pher555 wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

My cat loves watching me play MGS too. His head follows the weapon/item menus when I scroll through them. 

@F0X: More so the fact that it was just kind of thrown in last minute for **bleep** and giggles. In past MGS games we knew about a Metal Gear from the start, and that was always one of the main concerns of the plot. I actually think the game could've been better without Excelsus. The fight was too short, and Armstrong himself was a tougher fight anyway. And afterwards, no one was like YEAH MAN, GOOD JOB ON EXCELSUS or anything like that.

Message 10 of 14 (157 Views)
0 Likes