Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 22 2013
By: HM01_Impaler Uncharted Territory 1582 posts
Accepted Solution

Future of Metal Gear

308 replies 717 views Edited Apr 22, 2013
After MGSV, what do you think will become of the series? There are so many options:
MGS6- who knows where this would fit into the Metal Gear timeline
Metal Gear Rising 2- the first was a great game, so I don't see why they couldn't do this
MGS Remake- would be a nice PS4 game
MG/MG2 Remakes- the entire MGS saga is centered around these two games; next-gen remakes would bring the core of the franchise back into focus
Metal Gear Liquid- a Liquid Snake spin-off that would take place before Shadow Moses would be pretty cool
Ocelot spin-off- Ocelot has appeared in every MGS game in some form (and it looks like he's in MGSV); one could argue that he is the true villain of the MGS saga; would be a very interesting game; Ocelot, with his Western influence, would play very differently than most MGS characters would
Liberian Civil War game- not sure whether it would be played from the perspective of a young Raiden or Solidus (in that case, the title "Metal Gear Solidus" may be appropriate)
Another Old Snake game- I don't see this happening, but this would probably be a really sad game; MGS6?
Between Shadow Moses and Tanker Incident- would follow Solid Snake and Otacon gathering information and destroying Metal Gears around the world; MGS6?
The Boss spin-off- Kojima has expressed interest in this; would become the new beginning of the Metal Gear saga

I think all of these options are acceptable. It seems that MGSV will complete the series, taking us right up to the events of the first Metal Gear. I can't wait to see where Kojima can take the franchise from here.
Message 1 of 309 (717 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32651 posts

Re: Future of Metal Gear

Apr 22, 2013

MGS6, the sequel and follow up to MGS5 thats about the period of time between MGS5 and MG1.

after that there will be MGS7 which will be about the period of time between MGS6 and MG1.

Message 2 of 309 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2009 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I think there are likely to be remakes of MG 1 and 2 after MGS V.

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Message 3 of 309 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8224 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Hopefully a kart racing game. :smileymad:

Message 4 of 309 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4957 posts

Apr 22, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
After MGSV, what do you think will become of the series? There are so many options:
MGS6- who knows where this would fit into the Metal Gear timeline
Because they messed up the end of Solid Snake's story so much, they need to go about with one more game to properly end it, how they'd go about it however is another matter.
Metal Gear Rising 2- the first was a great game, so I don't see why they couldn't do this
*It was a solid game, true, they'll release more without fail.
MGS Remake- would be a nice PS4 game
Already been done and not needed, maybe a nice HD version or a port of Twin Snakes.
MG/MG2 Remakes- the entire MGS saga is centered around these two games; next-gen remakes would bring the core of the franchise back into focus
Again, maybe HD versions, but remakes, just a waste of time and effort, just play the old games.
Metal Gear Liquid- a Liquid Snake spin-off that would take place before Shadow Moses would be pretty cool
Yeah, I like Liquid but the concept of it seems a little off...also without fail it can't be called Metal Gear Liquid.
Ocelot spin-off- Ocelot has appeared in every MGS game in some form (and it looks like he's in MGSV); one could argue that he is the true villain of the MGS saga; would be a very interesting game; Ocelot, with his Western influence, would play very differently than most MGS characters would
Really no interest in playing as Ocelot, I don't even think he should've had that large a role in the games following MGS2 but his popularity draws on the fact he is a villian and that would be ruined by playing as him.

Liberian Civil War game- not sure whether it would be played from the perspective of a young Raiden or Solidus (in that case, the title "Metal Gear Solidus" may be appropriate)
Again, no Metal Gear Solidus. Plus it just seems like that'd be clutching at straws if they did this.
Another Old Snake game- I don't see this happening, but this would probably be a really sad game; MGS6?
Hopefully we can get one last game with Solid, but hopefully we can get Solid Snake back and not try to force the whole Old Snake thing on us.
Between Shadow Moses and Tanker Incident- would follow Solid Snake and Otacon gathering information and destroying Metal Gears around the world; MGS6?
Kojima is already trying to fill every gap, it's boring and I hope he realizes what he's doing before he makes this. Really what we need is between MGS2 and 4, but after what happened with Rising I don't see this happening.
The Boss spin-off- Kojima has expressed interest in this; would become the new beginning of the Metal Gear saga
I'd rather not, the lure of The Boss is she's just a badass, but we just know she is, we don't need to know the entire backstory, but I guess people said similar things about Big Boss.

I think all of these options are acceptable. It seems that MGSV will complete the series, taking us right up to the events of the first Metal Gear. I can't wait to see where Kojima can take the franchise from here.

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 5 of 309 (699 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32651 posts

Apr 22, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

id rather have a sequel to Substance's skateboarding game.

Message 6 of 309 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8224 posts

Apr 22, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Only if we get more rock remixes of classic MGS Tunes. :smileymad:

Message 7 of 309 (377 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32651 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

that would be fantastic.

rock remixes to Snake Eater, Heavens Divide and MGS4's Love Theme would be interesting. no vocals though.

they could just get the people who did Rising's OST to make them.

forgot about Calling to the Night. one of the few good things to come from MPO.

Message 8 of 309 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8224 posts

Apr 22, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

that would be fantastic.

rock remixes to Snake Eater, Heavens Divide and MGS4's Love Theme would be interesting. no vocals though.

To be honest, I am surprised that someone hasn't all ready done it for Snake Eater. :smileymad:

Message 9 of 309 (366 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32651 posts

Apr 22, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

that would be fantastic.

To be honest, I am surprised that someone hasn't all ready done it for Snake Eater. :smileymad:

someone probably has, with their cool indie screamo garage band.

Message 10 of 309 (359 Views)
0 Likes