Treasure Hunter
7841 posts

Re: Kojima confirms Metal Gear Solid 5!

Jun 30, 2012

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

We can only hope they go back to something more user friendly and not completely infuriating to use.

Well, I would say this is a massive improvement. Disappointed that we do get the old emoticons back, but whatever. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 40 (168 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4326 posts

Jun 30, 2012

thanks for the early feedback.  I encourage you all to head to this tread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-General/INFO-PlayStation-Community-Forum-Mi...

From your early feedback we can adjust to make this a place you are comfortable in.  A large part of the reason for this migration is to be better at adapting to the community's wants and desires.  The earlier phases of this migration will focus on functionality and stability.  So start there, but we'll soon roll into cosmetic adjustments as well.  So those pieces of feedback are helpful, too.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 40 (166 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Awesome stuff.  Can't wait to here more from Kojima about it.

- Excellence does not know a day when it can say "I quit" -
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 40 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jul 4, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

The interesting thing about that is not that a new MGS is going to happen, after all we knew that anyway. The interesting thing is this:

"We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots."

So much for wrapping up the "Solid Snake saga". I guess it could hint at the new MGS being MG/MG2 remake/reboot/whatever. Kojima always goes back on he says, so him saying that he wouldn't want to go back to them doesn't hold much water for me. Could also be another in-between game, or they do the worst possible thing and set it after MGS4 and they do some crazy retconning that lets him un-age... :smileymad:

Strongly agree with this, if that is the plan then I'll be sorely dissapointed. If they really MUST make more metal gear since one cannot deny it is a cash cow, then the best route is probably remaking MG 1 and 2. Or Kojima could go with his idea of using the Boss as a main character during her WW2 days.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 40 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Ironfistveteran wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

The interesting thing about that is not that a new MGS is going to happen, after all we knew that anyway. The interesting thing is this:

"We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots."

So much for wrapping up the "Solid Snake saga". I guess it could hint at the new MGS being MG/MG2 remake/reboot/whatever. Kojima always goes back on he says, so him saying that he wouldn't want to go back to them doesn't hold much water for me. Could also be another in-between game, or they do the worst possible thing and set it after MGS4 and they do some crazy retconning that lets him un-age... :smileymad:

Strongly agree with this, if that is the plan then I'll be sorely dissapointed. If they really MUST make more metal gear since one cannot deny it is a cash cow, then the best route is probably remaking MG 1 and 2. Or Kojima could go with his idea of using the Boss as a main character during her WW2 days.

Although I love The Boss, I'd be happy if they left her story alone.  Remaking MG1 & 2 should be a priority cause the storylines do need to be brought up to speed with the rest of the series since they're smack dab inbetween prequels and sequels now, despite being the first installments.

From there, I'd say step away from the 'Snake' saga.  They could do some parallel storylines with some new characters that go on during certain events (such as another event during the Big Shell or Shadow Moses' incidents).  Maybe have Ocelot and Big Mama being handlers or something for the new characters to tie it all into the 'big story' if they still want to keep all the storylines together.  Honestly, just step away from the Snake stuff for a change.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 40 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7841 posts

Jul 6, 2012

Ironfistveteran wrote:

Eh. I rather they didn't do that either. It would turn out to be a similar type of thing. The V2 Rockets, or whatever they were sent to destroy, were just a cover and the Nazis will end up having some giant Metal Gear type thing, The Sorrow's dad will end up being the dad of Psycho Mantis' dad, and the origin story of The Pain will be that he got genetically altered bees put inside him my Naomi's mother. It will just be the same drivel that make up the Big Boss prequels. Not to mention that The Boss is boring as heck.

I could see it working as a spin-off title, it would mean they could take some liberties with the gameplay, let you play as other members of the Cobra Unit and use their abilities. It would also allow them to have a story without worry about the rest of the series and just do their own thing. As a canon MGS title they would have to add so much other stuff to it because there is no real story there to begin with.

To be honest a MG/MG2 remake is bound to happen at some point, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is one of Kojima's projects. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 40 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Jul 10, 2012

I wouldn't mind seeing a Big Boss vs. Solid scenario from Big Boss' point of view.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 40 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31577 posts

Jul 11, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Ironfistveteran wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Although I love The Boss, I'd be happy if they left her story alone.  Remaking MG1 & 2 should be a priority cause the storylines do need to be brought up to speed with the rest of the series since they're smack dab inbetween prequels and sequels now, despite being the first installments.

From there, I'd say step away from the 'Snake' saga.  They could do some parallel storylines with some new characters that go on during certain events (such as another event during the Big Shell or Shadow Moses' incidents).  Maybe have Ocelot and Big Mama being handlers or something for the new characters to tie it all into the 'big story' if they still want to keep all the storylines together.  Honestly, just step away from the Snake stuff for a change.

im happy Kojima didnt go along with The Boss game they originaly wanted to do before they went with Rising.

her story has been completely explained, creating a game about her in WWII would retcon a lot of things, considering durring the whole "Cobra Unit in WWII" part she was only on the battlefield for a short time before she was shot and baby Ocelot was taken.

although they could have had it been at the start of WWII when she was part of the SAS, but that would have been boring.

and her solo "post-WWII" missions would have been just like MGS3(literally since her mission(s) were in the same area as Virtuous Mission).

remaking MG1 and MG2 would take up too much time. id like to see Kojima fix the story lines, but a full remake would be too much. perhaps he they can make digital graphic novels with Ashley Wood like they did with the MGS games.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 40 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Jul 11, 2012

How about Kojima sheds some more light on Liquid, Solidus, Big Boss, or "Project Null"?

Solid had his run and retired as a badass geezer.

Just fill us in on the whole "Les Enfants Terribles".

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 40 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31577 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Mech-Cannibal wrote:

How about Kojima sheds some more light on Liquid, Solidus, Big Boss, or "Project Null"?

Solid had his run and retired as a badass geezer.

Just fill us in on the whole "Les Enfants Terribles".

nothing needs to be shown for Solidus, Rising will take care of the remaining interesting part, the rest of his life is just politics.

Project Null was just the creation of Gray Fox, nothing more to that story.

theres nothing left to Big Boss except for the PW-MG1 period of time, which MGS5 most likely will be about.

Liquid though, theres plent of stuff Kojima could do with his story. we just know the bare details about his life.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 40 (66 Views)
0 Likes