I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 8, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

We have been getting in between games for ages. Why he doesn't just make MGS5, or better yet a new IP, instead of making all these non-stories all over the place is anyone's guess. The names have always been silly. SNAKE EATER. PEACE WALKER. :smileymad:

but he is making new IPs. project OGRE, that game with human issues.

the real question is when we will even see them.

We don't know what he is doing. Both those things could still turn out to be, or into, MGS.

My point is have you ever played MGS and then thought, "MAN! I WISH I COULD STEAL THIS JEEP AND DRIVE AROUND WRECKING THIS PLACE UP AND THEN CALL IN HELI-SUPPORT." I just do not understand why he keeps creating these non-stories to use these ideas. Wouldn't Ground Zeroes, the gameplay/concept/whatever, be better as a new IP? Something not related to this convoluted story, that wouldn't then just pile more on to it. Same with PO, PW.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had the idea for an open world game, and then pulled a Portable Ops and stuck MGS into it. :smileymad:

So you want to play Mercenaries? Should've bought it when it came out.

I do agree with the whole story being messed up, I don't get it at 100% myself, but thats the way Kojima works.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 96 (334 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7590 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Arkthur_us wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

We have been getting in between games for ages. Why he doesn't just make MGS5, or better yet a new IP, instead of making all these non-stories all over the place is anyone's guess. The names have always been silly. SNAKE EATER. PEACE WALKER. :smileymad:

We don't know what he is doing. Both those things could still turn out to be, or into, MGS.

My point is have you ever played MGS and then thought, "MAN! I WISH I COULD STEAL THIS JEEP AND DRIVE AROUND WRECKING THIS PLACE UP AND THEN CALL IN HELI-SUPPORT." I just do not understand why he keeps creating these non-stories to use these ideas. Wouldn't Ground Zeroes, the gameplay/concept/whatever, be better as a new IP? Something not related to this convoluted story, that wouldn't then just pile more on to it. Same with PO, PW.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had the idea for an open world game, and then pulled a Portable Ops and stuck MGS into it. :smileymad:

So you want to play Mercenaries? Should've bought it when it came out.

I do agree with the whole story being messed up, I don't get it at 100% myself, but thats the way Kojima works.

What? My point is that no one has ever played MGS and thought that. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 96 (330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30876 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

i think Kojima takes the safe route with these new features by plugging them into MGS. i mean when you base a game off of features you end up with Rising. a cluster**bleep** of stalled development that never sees the light of day, so hed rather cram features into a game than make a game around those features.

not to mention that it is MGS, and and anything with MGS on it sells.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 96 (317 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41015 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2012

Most reasonable answer.  MGS is a sure fire way to make money while seeing how a potentially risky idea/mechanic works.  Much easier sell than trying to get the green light on a new IP built around the mechanics.  Just tell the suits "New MGS" and go from there.  Sad as that is.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 96 (309 Views)
PlayStation MVP
30876 posts

Sep 9, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Most reasonable answer.  MGS is a sure fire way to make money while seeing how a potentially risky idea/mechanic works.  Much easier sell than trying to get the green light on a new IP built around the mechanics.  Just tell the suits "New MGS" and go from there.  Sad as that is.

at least he still has heart when making new MGS games and isnt just making them for money.

i pray that MGS never winds up like Final Fantasy. you know, a good series with good games suddenly being whored out with horrible sequel after horrible sequel, that no one asked for, about the worst FF game ever made. inb4 FOX argues that thats already happened to MGS. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 96 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Sep 9, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

at least he still has heart when making new MGS games and isnt just making them for money.

i pray that MGS never winds up like Final Fantasy. you know, a good series with good games suddenly being whored out with horrible sequel after horrible sequel, that no one asked for, about the worst FF game ever made. inb4 FOX argues that thats already happened to MGS. :smileymad:

But it kind of already has...

Spoiler
Portable Ops+ :smileyvery-happy:

At least it didn't get stuck in the cycle.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 96 (287 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30876 posts

Sep 9, 2012

DevilishBoredom wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

But it kind of already has...

Spoiler
Portable Ops+ :smileyvery-happy:

At least it didn't get stuck in the cycle.

that just exists because theres no such thing as DLC for the PSP. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 96 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Sep 9, 2012
Lol. And the fact that it just like Substance and Subsistence, it's just an expansion of sorts...
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 96 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7590 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Lol. Are you kidding me? As an example, just look at the characters in PW and tell me that they are near the same quality as the previous games, even PO had better, original characters.

If he wasn't doing it for the money he would have dropped MGS after one of the multiple times he said he was going to do it. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 96 (275 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30876 posts

Sep 9, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Lol. Are you kidding me? As an example, just look at the characters in PW and tell me that they are near the same quality as the previous games, even PO had better, original characters.

If he wasn't doing it for the money he would have dropped MGS after one of the multiple times he said he was going to do it. :smileymad:

blahblahblah. you hate MGS, i dont care what you have to say.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 96 (271 Views)
0 Likes