Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid V Kojima Interview Information Roundup

Mar 29, 2013

I gotta admit the Open World and Day/Night real time thing sounds pretty crazee. This could be one helll of a Stealth game if it doesn't end up like that trash MSG4.

Message 11 of 33 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 5, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

I gotta admit the Open World and Day/Night real time thing sounds pretty crazee. This could be one helll of a Stealth game if it doesn't end up like that trash MSG4.

Yeah this game looks like it's gunna be a zillion times better than MGS4.

Message 12 of 33 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Apr 8, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

if it's done right......

Message 13 of 33 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Apr 9, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Depends how much focus they put on stealth, or if it continues on the route to making it more SHOOT BANG. Looks like it could go either way right now. Smiley Mad

Message 14 of 33 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33776 posts

Apr 9, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

xripurjeansx wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Depends how much focus they put on stealth, or if it continues on the route to making it more SHOOT BANG. Looks like it could go either way right now. Smiley Mad

the game doesnt have octocamo, its already 100 times better than MGS4.

but from the looks of things, it appears that it could very well be a solid mix of traditional stealth(MGS1, 2) and fancy stealth with camo(MGS3, PW). im sure there will be camo, since its Big Boss and all, which will come in handy for hiding in bushes, but the "urban" environments and new AI features seem like just staying out of sight would be the best bet.

curious as to how alerts will work in the game due to its open world setting. would be neat if a APC drove up to the alert area and a buch of soldiers came out, possibly a helicopter with a searchlight overhead too.

Message 15 of 33 (130 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Apr 9, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

xripurjeansx wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

but from the looks of things, it appears that it could very well be a solid mix of traditional stealth(MGS1, 2) and fancy stealth with camo(MGS3, PW). im sure there will be camo, since its Big Boss and all, which will come in handy for hiding in bushes, but the "urban" environments and new AI features seem like just staying out of sight would be the best bet.

curious as to how alerts will work in the game due to its open world setting. would be neat if a APC drove up to the alert area and a buch of soldiers came out, possibly a helicopter with a searchlight overhead too.

How do you know it doesn't have Octocamo? Just because it is set in the 80s doesn't mean **bleep** to Kojima. Probably makes some **bleep** stuff up like "HUEY MADE IT ORIGINALLY! ONLY BIG BOSS USED IT! THEN 30 YEARS LATER OTACON DISCOVERED IT!BLAH BLAH!".

I don't know how you can say it looks like a solid mix of traditional stealth and the lame camo MGS3/PW stealth. We have seen nothing, and what we have seen just looks like MGS4 but without the Octocamo. I honestly hope they get rid of the whole camo index and come up with a better system. Maybe one type of system for in the "over world", and a more of a cone vision type thing for indoor/close quarters areas.

Regarding the alert mode stuff, didn't Kojima say basically what you suggested? I remember when Ground Zeroes was first shown someone said something about a helicopter coming in and dropping troops off. Might be making that up though. Smiley Mad

Message 16 of 33 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33776 posts

Apr 9, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

xripurjeansx wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

How do you know it doesn't have Octocamo? Just because it is set in the 80s doesn't mean **bleep** to Kojima. Probably makes some **bleep** stuff up like "HUEY MADE IT ORIGINALLY! ONLY BIG BOSS USED IT! THEN 30 YEARS LATER OTACON DISCOVERED IT!BLAH BLAH!".

I don't know how you can say it looks like a solid mix of traditional stealth and the lame camo MGS3/PW stealth. We have seen nothing, and what we have seen just looks like MGS4 but without the Octocamo. I honestly hope they get rid of the whole camo index and come up with a better system. Maybe one type of system for in the "over world", and a more of a cone vision type thing for indoor/close quarters areas.

Regarding the alert mode stuff, didn't Kojima say basically what you suggested? I remember when Ground Zeroes was first shown someone said something about a helicopter coming in and dropping troops off. Might be making that up though. Smiley Mad

from the gameplay for GZ we are wearing the sneaking suit. i dont see how that isnt MGS1/MGS2 style stealth. im just having high hopes. and as i said, this is Big Boss so im sure there will be camo in the mix somehow, hopefully just to look fancy.

but i do agree they should get rid of the camo index. but some sort of a feature to show how well we are hidden needs to be there; unless the Fox Engine is super realistic and AI field of few is just like real life so we will just have to use common sense when hiding.

and i dont recall Kojima talking about a helicopter dropping off troops. all i can remember is him talking about and showing how Big Boss can signal for a helicopter to come pick him up. maybe someone has a link to an article or something. Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 33 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Apr 10, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

xripurjeansx wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

from the gameplay for GZ we are wearing the sneaking suit. i dont see how that isnt MGS1/MGS2 style stealth. im just having high hopes. and as i said, this is Big Boss so im sure there will be camo in the mix somehow, hopefully just to look fancy.

but i do agree they should get rid of the camo index. but some sort of a feature to show how well we are hidden needs to be there; unless the Fox Engine is super realistic and AI field of few is just like real life so we will just have to use common sense when hiding.

and i dont recall Kojima talking about a helicopter dropping off troops. all i can remember is him talking about and showing how Big Boss can signal for a helicopter to come pick him up. maybe someone has a link to an article or something. Smiley Very Happy

Didn't you have a Sneaking Suit in PW when you picked Sneaking Snake or whatever? Didn't that still use Camo Index?

Since they are doing this whole day/night cycle they will maybe they will have some system involving something to do with shadows and lighting. I don't know if they have said anything about the weather changing, but maybe that could have an impact as well. They said there would be different types of environment, so maybe that could change how well you are seen. Being in the jungle you can get closer before being spotted, and when you are in an urban setting you need to stay out of sight.

There is a lot of potential with the game, I guess with a gameplay trailer/demo we will see how far they go with it. Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 33 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33776 posts

Apr 10, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

Didn't you have a Sneaking Suit in PW when you picked Sneaking Snake or whatever? Didn't that still use Camo Index?

Since they are doing this whole day/night cycle they will maybe they will have some system involving something to do with shadows and lighting. I don't know if they have said anything about the weather changing, but maybe that could have an impact as well. They said there would be different types of environment, so maybe that could change how well you are seen. Being in the jungle you can get closer before being spotted, and when you are in an urban setting you need to stay out of sight.

There is a lot of potential with the game, I guess with a gameplay trailer/demo we will see how far they go with it. Smiley Mad

yeah the camo index was still there when using the sneaking suit. but instead of showing how much you blend in, it just showed how visible you were. guess you can say its the same, but hiding in plain sight right next to a guard like what you could do with camo wasnt really possible.

you know what, they should just keep camo and the camo index. the hell with it, why risk screwing up with a new feature? Smiley Very Happy

i had forgotten about weather. its raining in the GZ trailer, which i would imagine would effect stealth. your footsteps would be louder due to the water and you would leave tracks in mud and on dry surfaces just like past MGS games. wonder if there will be seasonal cycles as weather as day/night cycles. rain, bright and sunny, snow; would be neat.

and i do believe Kojima has mentioned the line of sight of AI in defferet terrain. i think he might have said something back when he did that Fox Engine tech demo at a collage out here in SoCal. mentioning something just as you said, the line of sight being shorter in forest-like environments and longer in open urban environments.

Message 19 of 33 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8680 posts

Apr 10, 2013

They have already said dynamic weather. During the initial announcement of GZ. It was one of the big topics of discussion. You guys are forgetful. Smiley Mad

Take back the future
Message 20 of 33 (98 Views)
0 Likes