Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 22 2012
By: blade7117 Uncharted Territory 2010 posts

Music not included in the OSTs

[ Edited ]
5 replies 168 views Edited Aug 22, 2012

I was searching since 2010 for a particular track, from the Peace Walker "Mission Selector", that plays right before Big Boss' first battle with the Peace Walker A.I. To my disappointment, it wasn't even included in the game's OST - let alone, in the other "official" soundtracks for Peace Walker. But, someone finally uploaded it to YouTube! Check out the embedded video below.

Do you guys know of any other songs that were excluded from the "official soundtracks" of the MGS games? I'm willing to bet that there are more (and not just for Peace Walker).

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Message 1 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3847 posts

Re: Music not included in the OSTs

Aug 22, 2012

- Encounter MGS4 version from Snake vs Liquid final battle.

- Original Show Time from Portable Ops (which the MGS motif before it had to be taken out)

And that's what I can remember right now...

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 2 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Aug 23, 2012

MGS4's white room track. :smileysurprised:

Message 3 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Aug 25, 2012

The music that plays before starting MGS4: Guns Of The Patriots, on the XMB. It also plays during the end of Act 3, when Liquid Ocelot successfully demonstrates his control over the System.

Message 4 of 6 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2010 posts

Aug 28, 2012

dotCody wrote:

The music that plays before starting MGS4: Guns Of The Patriots, on the XMB. It also plays during the end of Act 3, when Liquid Ocelot successfully demonstrates his control over the System.

No, actually that music is from the track, "Guns of the Patriots". It starts off rather slowly but progresses to the part that you've mentioned.

ALARM-cIock wrote:

MGS4's white room track. :smileysurprised:

Yup :smileysurprised:. lol. 

WillyMGS wrote:

- Encounter MGS4 version from Snake vs Liquid final battle.

- Original Show Time from Portable Ops (which the MGS motif before it had to be taken out)

And that's what I can remember right now...

Good find about the "Show Time" motif! It actually sound much better than the edited piece.

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Message 5 of 6 (117 Views)
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Aug 30, 2012

blade7117 wrote:
No, actually that music is from the track, "Guns of the Patriots". It starts off rather slowly but progresses to the part that you've mentioned.

Thank you!!!

Message 6 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes