Fender Bender
3747 posts

Re: New Metal Gear Rising Enemies

Nov 22, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

We all know what the Commando skin is. Inferno is a red version of his armor maybe?

New Screens

Maybe Inferno could be an homage to the Spiderman Skin of Fox's suit?

Also, something I noticed... Have you guys been watching Arrow? You know, the TV series based on Green Arrow... The guy who plays the personal bodyguard of Oliver Queen looks exactly as the President/Secretary/Politician from the fictional location that gets kidnapped in Rising :smileysurprised:

The inverted design/scheme(?)?  Wouldn't it be better to just label it a Fox Alt?

Dig/Diggle is who you're thinking of.

Maybe they didn't wantto get another Fox skin and just stamp the colors on Raiden's suit?

And yeah, Diggle he is. I'm pretty much loving the series. Well, it's a complete new aproach to the Green Arrow character, but how they've done it so far has been amazing.

PS: cheers for off-topic discussions. :smileyhappy:

photo MGSV-Banner-4_zps217afef9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 339 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4516 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Yep EU region, although not cheap $199.99 still bought it though (O.O) I've spent way to much money on the Metal Gear games.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 339 (199 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Nov 23, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

Maybe they didn't wantto get another Fox skin and just stamp the colors on Raiden's suit?

And yeah, Diggle he is. I'm pretty much loving the series. Well, it's a complete new aproach to the Green Arrow character, but how they've done it so far has been amazing.

Then maybe they should have just made a Grey Fox game or held it in their hands and made one after Raiden's venture.  I think that would have been best if they made Rising a series for the sword users and having Fox as the lead in the reveal of a sequel probably would have set fans off in a good way (more than Raiden's reveal).  Imagine fans getting to relive MGS1 through Fox's eyes in an AU (not dying to Liquid/REX).

Anyways, yeah, Arrow has been amazing so far and I'm surprised at the pacing.  They're kind of moving forward with a lot of stuff I kind of expected for them to draw out/wait till later (revealing Oliver's identity to someone else, bringing someone else in to help, the stepfather finding out about his wife's shady dealings with having the boat salvaged, etc.).  It just gets better with each episode and I like how they're dropping other DC characters in (Royal Flush Gang, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Huntress is coming in the next few episodes too).  At least this show is doing well.  I was enjoying Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue as far as new shows this season and both were canned :smileysad:  Hate TV Networks.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 339 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31528 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

REBELYELL89 wrote:

Yep EU region, although not cheap $199.99 still bought it though (O.O) I've spent way to much money on the Metal Gear games.

$200? is that in Europe monies or America monies?

because so far, the only special edition worth the money is the Japan one. its like $150USD and comes with awesome stuff better than both EU and US.

also, i hate all these bonus/pre-order skins. changing what Raiden looks like isnt going to make me shell out more money or dreadfully pre-order through GameStop.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 339 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3747 posts

Nov 23, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

Then maybe they should have just made a Grey Fox game or held it in their hands and made one after Raiden's venture.  I think that would have been best if they made Rising a series for the sword users and having Fox as the lead in the reveal of a sequel probably would have set fans off in a good way (more than Raiden's reveal).  Imagine fans getting to relive MGS1 through Fox's eyes in an AU (not dying to Liquid/REX).

Anyways, yeah, Arrow has been amazing so far and I'm surprised at the pacing.  They're kind of moving forward with a lot of stuff I kind of expected for them to draw out/wait till later (revealing Oliver's identity to someone else, bringing someone else in to help, the stepfather finding out about his wife's shady dealings with having the boat salvaged, etc.).  It just gets better with each episode and I like how they're dropping other DC characters in (Royal Flush Gang, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Huntress is coming in the next few episodes too).  At least this show is doing well.  I was enjoying Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue as far as new shows this season and both were canned :smileysad:  Hate TV Networks.

Well yeah, maybe they could explore how Fox became Frank Jaeger as a child and then Null too. I would love to see thos aspects relived and, well... better explained than in MPO.

Yep, how Arrow's story has been developed is amazing. The flashback scenes are a nice touch to how tell the story of Oliver. He already knows all the hell he lived through on the island, but the viewer probably will know the complete story at the very last (if not the last) episode lol. And careful about what you spoil XD. Here we are have a 1 or 2 week gap from the new episodes showed in USA :smileytongue:. I haven't seen those series, but I read they got canceled. Hopefully Arrow is scheduled for a complete season :smileyhappy:.

Anyway, I hope we get all these skins as DLC at some point and not that expensive. Maybe we'll also get VR some time? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 339 (181 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Nov 23, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

Well yeah, maybe they could explore how Fox became Frank Jaeger as a child and then Null too. I would love to see thos aspects relived and, well... better explained than in MPO.

Yep, how Arrow's story has been developed is amazing. The flashback scenes are a nice touch to how tell the story of Oliver. He already knows all the hell he lived through on the island, but the viewer probably will know the complete story at the very last (if not the last) episode lol. And careful about what you spoil XD. Here we are have a 1 or 2 week gap from the new episodes showed in USA :smileytongue:. I haven't seen those series, but I read they got canceled. Hopefully Arrow is scheduled for a complete season :smileyhappy:.

Anyway, I hope we get all these skins as DLC at some point and not that expensive. Maybe we'll also get VR some time? :smileyindifferent:

I think Arrow already got picked up for a full season and it's been doing well.  It's CW's best new show and is currently it's other heavy hitter next to Vampire Diaries.  So I think it's in safe hands.  And what was the last episode you'll got?  I know this week was a break for the Holidays but the last episode in the US was with the Royal Flush Gang.

I was enjoying the other 2 but thankfully, the cancellation has happened early enough that the networks have given the show runners enough time to tie up the shows in a conclusive manner instead of just ending on a cliffhanger that'll never be finished.

I don't even remember the MPO stuff.  Just felt kind of weird that Null = Frank.  So yeah, would like to see that explained.  And Konami will release the skins as DLC eventually I'm sure.  Easy money for them to do so.  VR would probably be a good idea for Rising given how over the top it is.  They could really make some extreme scenarios to beat.

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 339 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Nov 23, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

REBELYELL89 wrote:

because so far, the only special edition worth the money is the Japan one. its like $150USD and comes with awesome stuff better than both EU and US.

also, i hate all these bonus/pre-order skins. changing what Raiden looks like isnt going to make me shell out more money or dreadfully pre-order through GameStop.

Along with DLC in most regards, the preorder stuff has gotten out of hand.  Some games are just horrible at it cause they have 4-5 different retailers participating each with their own exclusive grab =\  Preorder bonuses and DLC go hand-in-hand I guess cause the studio/publisher knows they can offer the preorder stuff as DLC later on cause they know no fool is going to preorder the game 5 times at 5 different places, as much as a publisher would love that.

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 339 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3747 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Anyway, has anybody around here played the demo that comes in with ZOE HD? Or played ZOE HD and recalls any of the visual issues people has been complaining?

Oh and Zaku. Last episode I watched was the 4th one (the one after Deadshot), but I missed the last one aired, that is the 5th one, where Oliver is being charged for being the vigilante. I think I can catch it tomorrow on a re-run before Monday (when they air the new ones), but if not, I'll just try look it online somewhere lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 339 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7180 posts

Nov 24, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

so which region is that for?

doesnt look like its for NA, between the rating box and "armour", it looks like EU.

oh, also if you pre-order Rising through GameStop you get the Cyborg Ninja skin that Japan gets with their collectors edition.

**bleep**ing GameStop.

**bleep** GAMESTOP

Kid I went to high school with is the manager at a local one. Time to get free Gray Fox skins for everyone.

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 339 (163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31528 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

REBELYELL89 wrote:

Along with DLC in most regards, the preorder stuff has gotten out of hand.  Some games are just horrible at it cause they have 4-5 different retailers participating each with their own exclusive grab =\  Preorder bonuses and DLC go hand-in-hand I guess cause the studio/publisher knows they can offer the preorder stuff as DLC later on cause they know no fool is going to preorder the game 5 times at 5 different places, as much as a publisher would love that.

most of the pre-order DLC isnt even important. a silly skin, a boring "extra" mission. who cares.

i miss the days when all/any pre-order bonuses were actual items. tangible swag that you didnt really need, you just wanted. :smileyvery-happy:

@Willy:  ive got the ZOE HD collection. the games are really nice, havent seen any frame rate drops or anything people have talked about previously. although the issues could have been fixed in the patch that came out.

and the Rising demo is so-so. but its a demo, and everything in it we have already seen in trailers so its not very exciting.

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 339 (161 Views)
0 Likes