Re: New Metal Gear Rising Enemies

Sep 24, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Sunny confirmed. She's the last one in the row of Raiden's support team.

This is what I was talking about on the first page. You people are so behind, Jesus. 

I wonder why they are blanking her out, maybe she turns outs to be a second playable character or something. If she got cyborged, or something, then I wonder what happened to Otacon. Smiley Mad

people forget so easily.

What are you even on about? It didn't confirm Sunny, unlike the picture in the broacher that actually has her name under it.

Unless you are getting at something else. Smiley Mad

i was referring to her being blacked out. shes still unannounced, we will have to wait till they "unveil" her like they did with the other characters.

as for her being confirmed, she was pretty much confirmed when they had her talking in the Japanese version of the Gamescom trailer; she told Raiden that its been a long time(since they saw eachother) and then asked him what the cute thing was(K9000). for some reason they changed it to that guy asking Raiden if he wanted the K9000 with him for the English one.

im confused about the game now being set in 2018. isnt that only 4 years after MGS4? didnt the devs or whatever mention 7 to 10 years?

MGS and inconsistencies, gotta love it.

Wasn't Sunny like 6 years old in MGS4? If it is only 4 years later it would only make her 10/11. I don't see them doing anything crazy, like Cyborging her up, if she is only that age. Probably just doing support via codec. Smiley Mad

Yep, she was born in '08, so she'd be 10 in Rising. Never know though, they still have time to say "nah brahs, you all heard wrong, it's 12 years after MGS4" or whatever.

Message 31 of 339 (367 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41505 posts

Sep 24, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

im confused about the game now being set in 2018. isnt that only 4 years after MGS4? didnt the devs or whatever mention 7 to 10 years?

I've been going on about this.  In the one interview with the Writer who had to revise the story (from in between MGS2-MGS4) for PG's benefit, he said it took place 9-10 years after MGS4.  Then one of the producers came in and said 3-4 years in a later article.  Then I think they said something else that was conflicting and now I just don't even know/care Smiley Indifferent  3-4 years works for the power struggle going on (everyone trying to establish themselves due to the fall out of the Patriots) but I think 9-10 would have done enough to help distance/make Rising stand out more on it's own from the main line stuff. 

I also find it kind of stupid that Raiden would don his MGS4 body in either time frame (3-10 years) to combat current models, even in a security capacity.  He'd be outdated from the get go without getting upgrades from the start.

Message 32 of 339 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3860 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Saw the trailer last night. I was impressed. Way to much for what I expected. Yeah the characters are cheesey, but just more exaggerated than previous MGS characters, so I loved them XD. The many-arms-to-play-with-myself cyborg girl (does the term "cyborgette" or "cyborgess" exist? XD) looks pretty cool, also that guy who can twitch his arms that jumped from the building, awesome.

Also about the little stealth elements the trailer showed. For a hack n' slash game, that's more than anything. Plus controlling an Scarab is way more funnier that the MK. II. Yeah, sorry Otacon, wherever you are now.

And I literally LMAO when I saw Raiden with the mexican's sombrero XD, I was hoping for some styilish mustache though. And when the mexican guys saw them, just amazing XD (remember my mother language is Spanish Smiley Tongue)

Adiós, amigos!

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 33 of 339 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Sep 25, 2012
I was going to buy this game, but I got starhawk instead. Starhawk is the best multiplayer game this gen, and is coming to the Psn store!
Message 34 of 339 (357 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18799 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I/m very much looking foward to this game.

Monsoon is the one who puzzles me the most. What will he do with that arm... watch, he just might turnout to be one of the most difficult to kill. Smiley Mad

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 35 of 339 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11393 posts

Sep 25, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

Saw the trailer last night. I was impressed. Way to much for what I expected. Yeah the characters are cheesey, but just more exaggerated than previous MGS characters, so I loved them XD. The many-arms-to-play-with-myself cyborg girl (does the term "cyborgette" or "cyborgess" exist? XD) looks pretty cool, also that guy who can twitch his arms that jumped from the building, awesome.

Also about the little stealth elements the trailer showed. For a hack n' slash game, that's more than anything. Plus controlling an Scarab is way more funnier that the MK. II. Yeah, sorry Otacon, wherever you are now.

And I literally LMAO when I saw Raiden with the mexican's sombrero XD, I was hoping for some styilish mustache though. And when the mexican guys saw them, just amazing XD (remember my mother language is Spanish Smiley Tongue)

Adiós, amigos!

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but based on your description I'm sure it's amazing.

Message 36 of 339 (349 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18799 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Phil0s0pher555 wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

Adiós, amigos!

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but based on your description I'm sure it's amazing.

That part is funny

Here is the trailer. The part with the mexicans is toward the end.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 37 of 339 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Sep 25, 2012

thesupertman wrote:
I was going to buy this game, but I got starhawk instead. Starhawk is the best multiplayer game this gen, and is coming to the Psn store!

I bet you were! You were gonna teleport to the future, but instead you decided to buy a casual multiplayer game! Gee whizz buddy, you sure aren't advertising or anything!

Message 38 of 339 (323 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33648 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Sunny confirmed. She's the last one in the row of Raiden's support team.

This is what I was talking about on the first page. You people are so behind, Jesus. 

I wonder why they are blanking her out, maybe she turns outs to be a second playable character or something. If she got cyborged, or something, then I wonder what happened to Otacon. Smiley Mad

people forget so easily.

What are you even on about? It didn't confirm Sunny, unlike the picture in the broacher that actually has her name under it.

Unless you are getting at something else. Smiley Mad

i was referring to her being blacked out. shes still unannounced, we will have to wait till they "unveil" her like they did with the other characters.

as for her being confirmed, she was pretty much confirmed when they had her talking in the Japanese version of the Gamescom trailer; she told Raiden that its been a long time(since they saw eachother) and then asked him what the cute thing was(K9000). for some reason they changed it to that guy asking Raiden if he wanted the K9000 with him for the English one.

Ok then.

The timeframe has been all over the place. I think they started off saying it was about 6 years, then 9/10 years. Guess they have seattled on 4 years now, or there is some sort of time jump after Raiden gets wrecked the first time which seems very unlikely.

Wasn't Sunny like 6 years old in MGS4? If it is only 4 years later it would only make her 10/11. I don't see them doing anything crazy, like Cyborging her up, if she is only that age. Probably just doing support via codec. Smiley Mad

im somewhat hoping she will be remote controlling the K9000. she would be Risings version of Otacon and the Mk2. Smiley Very Happy

its doubtful that they will put her in any position in which she is on the front lines and/or actually fighting. but its Japan, and its not like they havent made a pre-teen girl fight before. but if they do, then f***k this world. Smiley Tongue

Message 39 of 339 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Did we all see the English version of the trailer? 

My God..."Mr. Lightning Bolt."

1346022608929.gif

Message 40 of 339 (308 Views)
0 Likes