PlayStation MVP
31759 posts

Re: New Metal Gear Rising Enemies

Oct 3, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:
yeah, i liked VC's story more than SA's also. the whole Scarface type scenario was great. SA's was just gang crap. id say their soundtracks were both equaly great though.

but all the gameplay elements of SA in VC would be awesome. who wouldnt want to make a morbidly obese Tommy Vercetti. :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, it was a far more interesting story, had better characters too. They both had great soundtracks, prefer Vice City's though. Dat 80s.

To be honest I doubt they would do anything like being able to make your character fat again, it just seems too silly for what GTA is now. I know it isn't completely serious, but it just seems like more of a Saints Row kind of thing. :smileymad:

body customization is a lot more realistic than most of the Saints Row stuff. becoming fat or dressing up like a furry and beating random people to death with a giant purple d***o, which one is more realistic? :smileytongue:

i also liked being able to get tattoos, thought that was a pretty cool useless feature. funny how a PS2 game had more elements and features than the supposed $100 million GTA IV.

I suppose most of the money was for the developing of the engines, and the variety of voice actors...

Anyway, th expectations for GTAV are huge, so let's hope we don't get dissapointed.

@Vincent: Maybe I could try the demo, or get a friend buy it and then borrow it :smileytongue:. But if you say is a run-of-the-mill ammo-everywhere shooting adventure, I think I'll pass. I was really hoping they would fix that problem with RE6... **bleep** you Capcom, **bleep** you.

i never understood why Rockstar felt the need to get actual actors to do voices for GTA games. no one cares.

its also kind of annoying to have someone with a unique voice voicing a character, like Samuel L. Jackson, because the whole game youre just thinking about how that dude is voiced by Samuel L. Jackson

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 339 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7965 posts

Oct 4, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:
yeah, i liked VC's story more than SA's also. the whole Scarface type scenario was great. SA's was just gang crap. id say their soundtracks were both equaly great though.

but all the gameplay elements of SA in VC would be awesome. who wouldnt want to make a morbidly obese Tommy Vercetti. :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, it was a far more interesting story, had better characters too. They both had great soundtracks, prefer Vice City's though. Dat 80s.

To be honest I doubt they would do anything like being able to make your character fat again, it just seems too silly for what GTA is now. I know it isn't completely serious, but it just seems like more of a Saints Row kind of thing. :smileymad:

body customization is a lot more realistic than most of the Saints Row stuff. becoming fat or dressing up like a furry and beating random people to death with a giant purple d***o, which one is more realistic? :smileytongue:

i also liked being able to get tattoos, thought that was a pretty cool useless feature. funny how a PS2 game had more elements and features than the supposed $100 million GTA IV.

I know it is more realistic, but it is still silly and fits better in the crazy Saints Row setting. I am all for pointless features in games, I love Deadly Premonition after all, but I just don't see getting really fat working with the more realistic approach they did in GTAIV and which they seem to be carrying on in GTAV. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 339 (466 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31759 posts

Oct 4, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

I know it is more realistic, but it is still silly and fits better in the crazy Saints Row setting. I am all for pointless features in games, I love Deadly Premonition after all, but I just don't see getting really fat working with the more realistic approach they did in GTAIV and which they seem to be carrying on in GTAV. :smileymad:

but fat Tommy Vercetti. he would become a stereotypical Italian crime lord. it would be like playing as Clemenza. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 339 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4516 posts

Nov 21, 2012

160461_detail.jpg

Well well just posting rising ;P

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 339 (344 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31759 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

so which region is that for?

doesnt look like its for NA, between the rating box and "armour", it looks like EU.

oh, also if you pre-order Rising through GameStop you get the Cyborg Ninja skin that Japan gets with their collectors edition.

**bleep**ing GameStop.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 339 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7965 posts

Nov 21, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

so which region is that for?

doesnt look like its for NA, between the rating box and "armour", it looks like EU.

oh, also if you pre-order Rising through GameStop you get the Cyborg Ninja skin that Japan gets with their collectors edition.

**bleep**ing GameStop.

Yeah, it is for Europe.

Just to add insult to injury, apparently every version of MGR in Europe comes with the Cyborg Ninja Skin. lolz.

They seem to be pumping out these skins as pre-orders. As well as the Cyborg Ninja and White Armour Skins, I have seen mention of an Inferno Skin, and Commando Skin. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 339 (330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

We all know what the Commando skin is. Inferno is a red version of his armor maybe?

New Screens

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 339 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7965 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

We all know what the Commando skin is. Inferno is a red version of his armor maybe?

New Screens

Yeah, Amazon has it has a pre-order bonus. The picture is tiny but you can tell it is the normal suit but in red. Apparently it lets you hold more throwing weapons, like grenades. They all seem to have some sort of ability to them, wonder if the Cyborg Ninja one does anything. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 339 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3777 posts

Nov 22, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

New Screens

Maybe Inferno could be an homage to the Spiderman Skin of Fox's suit?

Also, something I noticed... Have you guys been watching Arrow? You know, the TV series based on Green Arrow... The guy who plays the personal bodyguard of Oliver Queen looks exactly as the President/Secretary/Politician from the fictional location that gets kidnapped in Rising :smileysurprised:

photo MGSV-Banner-4_zps217afef9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 339 (319 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Nov 22, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

New Screens

Maybe Inferno could be an homage to the Spiderman Skin of Fox's suit?

Also, something I noticed... Have you guys been watching Arrow? You know, the TV series based on Green Arrow... The guy who plays the personal bodyguard of Oliver Queen looks exactly as the President/Secretary/Politician from the fictional location that gets kidnapped in Rising :smileysurprised:

The inverted design/scheme(?)?  Wouldn't it be better to just label it a Fox Alt?

Dig/Diggle is who you're thinking of.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 339 (317 Views)
0 Likes