Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 11 2013
By: TheGlue29 Uncharted Territory 1681 posts

Portable Ops and Peace Walker for the Vita??

4 replies 561 views Edited Feb 11, 2013

Couldn't help but notice that when the MGS HD Collection dropped for the Vita all those months ago, that it was just MGS2 and MGS3.  I assumed Konami was doing a reworking of Portable Ops to bundle with their HD remaster of Peace Walker for a MGS Portable HD Collection for the Vita. 

Right now, Portable Ops and Peace Walker aren't even available as PSP games for the Vita.  Anyone heard anything regarding any remastering of these for the Vita??  ...or even just a release of the PSP version without trophies for the Vita??

I lost my original copies of PO and PO+ and...well, I've got a hankering.

Message 1 of 5 (561 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: Portable Ops and Peace Walker for the Vita??

Feb 11, 2013

I read something about a week or two ago someone asked I forget his position but someone from Konami and he said to tune in soon or something causing ppl to believe there will be some sort of MGS portable HD remake of some sort for the Vita.

Message 2 of 5 (554 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Feb 22, 2013

If you have a PS3 you can get MGS PW on the Vita. I know because I have it on mine. Just download the PSP version on the PS3, then connect your Vita and go to content manager. Select PS3-Vita, select applications, then PSP downloaded to PS3. Select it and press copy and BAM!

Also, you can even bring over your PSP saved game to the Vita. You first have to connect the PSP to the PS3 then copy your PSP saved game to the PS3. Then connect your Vita to the PS3 and copy it from the PS3 to the Vita.

AND, if you still have a PSP you can transfar (copy) your MGS PW saved game to you PSP and back. When you transfar from the PSP back to the PS3 it will give you trophies for the PS3 version. Now it won't give you trophies for everything. Some stuff you have to get while playing on the PS3. But I thought it was neat to be able to do ANYTHING like this.

That being said I'd still rather have an HD version for the VIta because it would look better and you could get the trophies directly on the Vita.

Message 3 of 5 (514 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I'd just like to know if Portable Ops is ever going to be playable on US Vitas...  In Europe Portable Ops has been working for ages (if not since launch).

Ideally I would rather get a Portable Ops+Peacewalker HD Collection for Vita but if not I would at least like to be able to play the PSP versions (and PW works although it has better controls by default; it's PO that can benefit most from the second stick).

Message 4 of 5 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1681 posts

Mar 29, 2013

DREAD-SHOCK wrote:

If you have a PS3 you can get MGS PW on the Vita. I know because I have it on mine. Just download the PSP version on the PS3, then connect your Vita and go to content manager. Select PS3-Vita, select applications, then PSP downloaded to PS3. Select it and press copy and BAM!

Also, you can even bring over your PSP saved game to the Vita. You first have to connect the PSP to the PS3 then copy your PSP saved game to the PS3. Then connect your Vita to the PS3 and copy it from the PS3 to the Vita.

AND, if you still have a PSP you can transfar (copy) your MGS PW saved game to you PSP and back. When you transfar from the PSP back to the PS3 it will give you trophies for the PS3 version. Now it won't give you trophies for everything. Some stuff you have to get while playing on the PS3. But I thought it was neat to be able to do ANYTHING like this.

That being said I'd still rather have an HD version for the VIta because it would look better and you could get the trophies directly on the Vita.

^^^The emboldened area.  A thousand times yes.

Message 5 of 5 (417 Views)
0 Likes