Highlighted
Oct 25 2012
By: VR_F0X Treasure Hunter 8612 posts

Revengeance Direct Feed PS3 Demo

9 replies 393 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

A direct feed of the demo that comes with the ZoE HD Collection. The guy is playing it for the first time, so keep that in mind.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Defiantly still feels like MGS, with little easter eggs like the question mark handle on Courtney's mug.

Konami has some videos on their Youtube channel as well, obviously being played by someone that knows the game.

Link.

Looks like a lot of fun, unless you are one of those guys that stands around looking at textures. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 10 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Revengeance Direct Feed PS3 Demo

Oct 25, 2012
The guy playing sucks, but the videos are awesome. this is a day one purchase for me.
Message 2 of 10 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8612 posts

Oct 25, 2012

iBearPUNCH wrote:
The guy playing sucks, but the videos are awesome. this is a day one purchase for me.

Like I said, it was his first time playing the game. He is better than the guy on GameTrailers that was playing the Demo at TGS.

Watching the clips on the Konami Youtube channel had me surprised by the "stealth" they had in there. Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 10 (377 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33648 posts

Oct 26, 2012

i already forgot about the demo that comes with ZOE. ill be sure to post my opinion of the game whenever i get to playing the demo, too many games on Oct 30.

Message 4 of 10 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3860 posts

Oct 26, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

i already forgot about the demo that comes with ZOE. ill be sure to post my opinion of the game whenever i get to playing the demo, too many games on Oct 30.

At least you will be able to play them... If I buy them, I'll play it for like one day and then again like in December...

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 5 of 10 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8612 posts

Oct 27, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

I am sure that the Rising demo will help the ZoE HD Collection sell, but with all these big name games coming out on or around the same day is going to make it really tough for it. Hearing some pretty negative impressions about it as well, especially about the framerate, which has turned people off of it. Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 10 (353 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33648 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

I am sure that the Rising demo will help the ZoE HD Collection sell, but with all these big name games coming out on or around the same day is going to make it really tough for it. Hearing some pretty negative impressions about it as well, especially about the framerate, which has turned people off of it. Smiley Mad

are you talking about ZOE HD? if so, those people turned off by the framerate, have they played the PS2 version? because the HD version is boosted to 60fps from the original 30fps. what, is 60fps not enough for those people? Smiley Tongue

from all of the hand-on things ive read its just the same PS2 game but faster, smoother and prettier.

also, it seems that only the 1st print of the ZOE HD Collection will have the Rising demo. so im sure by the time Rising comes out you wont be seeing ZOE HD with the demo included.

Message 7 of 10 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8612 posts

Oct 27, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

are you talking about ZOE HD? if so, those people turned off by the framerate, have they played the PS2 version? because the HD version is boosted to 60fps from the original 30fps. what, is 60fps not enough for those people? Smiley Tongue

from all of the hand-on things ive read its just the same PS2 game but faster, smoother and prettier.

also, it seems that only the 1st print of the ZOE HD Collection will have the Rising demo. so im sure by the time Rising comes out you wont be seeing ZOE HD with the demo included.

I have been hearing the complete opposite. Same framerate problems that were present in the original and even worse in some places, even dipping below 30FPS in some cases. Effects also being absent in some places and some just look terrible, apparently some long loading times too. I think this is mostly in ZoE2.

Sounds like another sloppy HD port from Konami. Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 10 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3860 posts

Oct 27, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Then I'll wait for the demo being playable on the PSStore...

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 9 of 10 (338 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33648 posts

Oct 28, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

I have been hearing the complete opposite. Same framerate problems that were present in the original and even worse in some places, even dipping below 30FPS in some cases. Effects also being absent in some places and some just look terrible, apparently some long loading times too. I think this is mostly in ZoE2.

Sounds like another sloppy HD port from Konami. Smiley Mad

yeah, i just read some stuff about how theres some bad frame rate drops during certain parts. nothing that couldnt be fixed with a patch, but then again this is Konami.

and the reason for the framerate issues is because Konami chose some crappy company to make the HD Collection. its not the same one who did the MGS one or any of the other HD Collections. they went with High Voltage, who pretty much only makes stupid licensed games based off of movies or tv shows.

Message 10 of 10 (323 Views)
0 Likes