Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Splicer
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

Jul 19, 2012

Yeah that's what I remember. Gene had no reason to lie to snake, they were going to fight to the death anyway why lie right before your death? I mean that is how I see it but if I missed the PW ending refrence and PO I might have missed something else.

metal gear solid 4 1920x1200
Message 11 of 22 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
32672 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

In MPO, Gene mentioned that Volgin launching the nuke at Sokolov's research facility was not made by his own free will. Instead, it was planned by a single cunning strategist, and Big Boss was urged to know who was the guy.



the info of Volgin purposely launching the nuke was false. he did indeed launch it of his own free will.

Coldman only headed Virtuous Mission and then Op Snake Eater which planned The Boss' death. its not like all of MGS3 was fabricated. :smileytongue:


Wait, so what Gene said was a lie!? :smileysurprised:

 

Gene textually said someone influenced Volgin to launch the nuke, and that the whole deal of the operation was, from the very start of the Virtrous Mission, to get the Philosopher's Legacy while killing The Boss in the process.


unless Volgin was on a cellphone while inside of the helicopter, how was anyone supposed to influence him to launch a nuke? he only knew of the Davy Crockets when The Boss brought them, so how was he to be influenced?

and if Coldman did somehow influence Volgin, why? there was no conspiracy to kill The Boss.

 

when Volgin launched that nuke, they needed to cover their **bleep**. so Coldman concocted Op Snake Eater.

creating Op Snake Eater is a devious cunning plan in its own.

 

and fact is, Coldman never mentioned that he intended The Boss to die from the start. he just mentions that he planned the mission.

and Genes words durring PO were meant to taunt Big Boss. they were in a fight to the death to decide who was the true successor.


Message 12 of 22 (172 Views)
Reply
Splicer
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

Jul 19, 2012

The Boss would have been told to bring the Nukes in order to join Volgins rank. That being said the spy network used would have told Volgin about the nukes in advance and tell him to use it to blame The Boss. He may have only acted suprised because The Boss wasn't aware she was being set up to die and to have Volgin not react to mini nukes would be a bit off, espeically for an agent like her. So Volgin still could have been told before the Op took place.

metal gear solid 4 1920x1200
Message 13 of 22 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
32672 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

Jul 19, 2012

solid_snake1443 wrote:

The Boss would have been told to bring the Nukes in order to join Volgins rank. That being said the spy network used would have told Volgin about the nukes in advance and tell him to use it to blame The Boss. He may have only acted suprised because The Boss wasn't aware she was being set up to die and to have Volgin not react to mini nukes would be a bit off, espeically for an agent like her. So Volgin still could have been told before the Op took place.


thats just a bunch of "what if" though.

Volgin was a goof, he didnt know anything was going on, let alone have some cunning spy network and been in on some plot to kill The Boss.

 

personaly, its more logical to think that Gene lied or had false info than to think up all this backstory that contradicts the actual games.


Message 14 of 22 (157 Views)
Reply
Splicer
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

Jul 19, 2012

But why would Gene lie? Like I said they were going to die in a fight so why lie? There was also a mention of a philsopher spy network that Volgin used to contact The Boss and suggest that she defect. Although I belive it was said the CIA, or a certain agency, contacted Volgin through the network and suggest that he ask The Boss to defect. So the CIA knowing that The Boss would follow any order told her to accept his offer and take the Davey Crockets. The spy network was mentioned and would make sense they contacted Volgin about suggesting The Boss defect and that she will bring Nukes and to fire them at the shack area.

metal gear solid 4 1920x1200
Message 15 of 22 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/04/2009
Online
3838 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

Jul 19, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

solid_snake1443 wrote:

The Boss would have been told to bring the Nukes in order to join Volgins rank. That being said the spy network used would have told Volgin about the nukes in advance and tell him to use it to blame The Boss. He may have only acted suprised because The Boss wasn't aware she was being set up to die and to have Volgin not react to mini nukes would be a bit off, espeically for an agent like her. So Volgin still could have been told before the Op took place.


thats just a bunch of "what if" though.

Volgin was a goof, he didnt know anything was going on, let alone have some cunning spy network and been in on some plot to kill The Boss.

 

personaly, its more logical to think that Gene lied or had false info than to think up all this backstory that contradicts the actual games.


Hmmm... I see your point. But I still think there was something on The Boss... I mean, they still used her as a guinea pig for whatever reason they had, like sending people to space in a hurry to beat the Soviets... But yeah, I think you are right. Why would they want to get rid of The Boss without reason if, well... SHE WOULD DO WHATEVER BULLSH*T THEY WANTED HER TO DO!

 

- Hey, Boss, my pretty kitty Muffins went lost, why don't you look for her?

- What do you think I am, your nanny?
- C'mon, for USA... :smileyhappy:

- Count me in.

 photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 16 of 22 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

Jul 19, 2012
Well EVA said they feared her Charisma. The CIA, based on The Boss's accounts from the tapes in PW, were glory hogs and as soon as something went south she was to blame. So they may have feared that she would betray them for what they have done to her and she had the ability to rally up against them, her charisma, so they may started it to get her to die to prevent an uprising from her and The legacy. That would make sense. Even though she did anything she was told the crap she was put through would make anyone want to get rid of the organization. The difference is she has the ability to do so, The Cobra unit, Snake, Zero, and anyone else that admired her may join her. That is one explanation. Even though she did do anything the CIA had no clue if she was still loyal after all she was put through.
metal gear solid 4 1920x1200
Message 17 of 22 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/04/2009
Online
3838 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

Jul 19, 2012

solid_snake1443 wrote:
Well EVA said they feared her Charisma. The CIA, based on The Boss's accounts from the tapes in PW, were glory hogs and as soon as something went south she was to blame. So they may have feared that she would betray them for what they have done to her and she had the ability to rally up against them, her charisma, so they may started it to get her to die to prevent an uprising from her and The legacy. That would make sense. Even though she did anything she was told the crap she was put through would make anyone want to get rid of the organization. The difference is she has the ability to do so, The Cobra unit, Snake, Zero, and anyone else that admired her may join her. That is one explanation. Even though she did do anything the CIA had no clue if she was still loyal after all she was put through.

I also thinked something like that, The Boss's charisma. But as I said, The Boss, above HERSELF, was loyal to her country. That's the reason why Big Boss feels betrayed by her. And as The Boss is loyal to her country above everything, is against all her principles to rebel to her country (defeting to the Soviet Union in MGS3 doesn't count because she never really defected).

 photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 18 of 22 (135 Views)
Reply
Splicer
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

Jul 19, 2012

Yeah but the CIA had no way of knowing if she was pretending to follow along or if she was secretly planning to rebel, them being an intelligence agency they would be on edge about an agent being a possible defector or causing problems. This would explain why The CIA would have her killed. In their minds she served her purpose and was only a threat. If Coldman, Who claimed to be part of the mission for her demise, told Volgiin to ask the boss to join his ranks and he would get free nukes and all he would have to do would be to use one of them on Sokolov's facility. That gives them, The CIA, reason to send in Big Boss to kill The Boss and, through the agent Ocelot, the legacy. They get rid of a poetential problem they see and get a large amount of money in the process. Not to mention the removal of Volgin who could've been a pain in their **bleep**. The CIA was horrible to The Boss. The Rocket incident, The glory they stole from her and her idea, them placing the blame on her for the plan to fail, Which they caused by taking away part of the spy's payment which led him to defect secretly. They had good reason to suspect her too bad they got it wrong.

metal gear solid 4 1920x1200
Message 19 of 22 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
32672 posts
 

Re: So is Metal Gear Portable Op's still canon?

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

solid_snake1443 wrote:
Well EVA said they feared her Charisma. The CIA, based on The Boss's accounts from the tapes in PW, were glory hogs and as soon as something went south she was to blame. So they may have feared that she would betray them for what they have done to her and she had the ability to rally up against them, her charisma, so they may started it to get her to die to prevent an uprising from her and The legacy. That would make sense. Even though she did anything she was told the crap she was put through would make anyone want to get rid of the organization. The difference is she has the ability to do so, The Cobra unit, Snake, Zero, and anyone else that admired her may join her. That is one explanation. Even though she did do anything the CIA had no clue if she was still loyal after all she was put through.

I also thinked something like that, The Boss's charisma. But as I said, The Boss, above HERSELF, was loyal to her country. That's the reason why Big Boss feels betrayed by her. And as The Boss is loyal to her country above everything, is against all her principles to rebel to her country (defeting to the Soviet Union in MGS3 doesn't count because she never really defected).


exactly. even if they feared her charisma and influence as a national hero, she was a loyal highly valuable expendable asset. you dont go killing someone like that without some serious reason.

Coldman held no grudge against The Boss, neither did the CIA. although they were upset that The Boss' space mission failed and were beaten by The Soviets to space, they werent "we are going to kill you" upset. they were more "we are going to make you kill your husband" upset. :smileytongue:

 

imo, Gene was just lying or was purposely fed false info to anger him.

after all, Gene also idolized The Boss as he was a FOX soldier. he went on to the Successor Project, and telling him that The Boss' death was planned could have angered him giving him more motivation. it could have been one of the factors as to why he went rouge, as well as the factor that he held a grudge against Big Boss for killing The Boss.

as for him maybe lying, him and Big Boss were in a life or death fight to see who the real successor to The Boss was. he was taunting Big Boss when he said that, so lying to him to rile him up would also be logical.

 

or, maybe Coldman was a super genius and he planned on Volgin firing a nuke. no one had influence on Volgin, Coldman was just super smart and predicted Volgin would go psycho and shoot one off. lol

 

OR, in a less probable more crazy idea, perhaps Coldman used Elisa's psychic powers to look into the future and knew Volgin would shoot a nuke post-Virtuous Mission. after all, im sure Coldman was part of the mission planing for Gene to "rescue" here from Germany, and the CIA only wanted her for her ESP abilities.


Message 20 of 22 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes