Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
31786 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Jan 15, 2013

xKotomine_Kirei wrote:
ignorant? **bleep** man why the need to insult just because im trying to tell you that you're wrong theres not need to insult, "dont raise your voice, make a better argument" hope you dont get so mad and dont fell very stupid when u realize its not the same game :smileywink:
pro tip : pause the video in GZ when theres zoom to the BB face and compare the quality to the end of the trailer of TPP when is showed BB face

"ignorant" wasnt meant to be an insult, it was just an observation of your opinions.


Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 122 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 12/03/2007
Offline
11393 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Jan 15, 2013

xKotomine_Kirei wrote:

its like trying to play chess with a pigeon, no matter how good you are, the pigeon will not stop crappin in the board and throwing the pieces.


You know this from experience?

Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 122 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
31786 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Jan 16, 2013

Phil0s0pher555 wrote:

xKotomine_Kirei wrote:

its like trying to play chess with a pigeon, no matter how good you are, the pigeon will not stop crappin in the board and throwing the pieces.


You know this from experience?


im quite amazed that he even got the pigeon to stay still at the board. normaly they just fly away.

he is... the pigeon wisperer. :smileysurprised:


Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 122 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/20/2012
Offline
55 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Jan 16, 2013

i can't wait to see who's right cuz ive been seeing threads like this all over the internet. Who ever turns out to be right in the next couple of months will probably never let the other side live it down.

Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 122 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/04/2009
Online
3777 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Jan 16, 2013

Kennnyk3n wrote:

i can't wait to see who's right cuz ive been seeing threads like this all over the internet. Who ever turns out to be right in the next couple of months will probably never let the other side live it down.


Well... At least he hasn't thrown the "Metal Gear Solid V is for Vita" argument... That's the lamest one. His have some points though.

 

Personally, I don't see it coming to Vita... At least ONLY FOR Vita... Maybe Kojima will port it somehow... You know... Transfarring and stuff...

 

PS: Has someone actually used that feature?

 photo MGSV-Banner-4_zps217afef9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 122 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
31786 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Jan 18, 2013

IGN talks to Kojima about Phantom Pain:

http://me.ign.com/en/feature/7036/Hideo-Kojima-Talks-MGR-FOX-Engine-and-Phantom-Pain

 

 

Finally, have you seen the new Phantom Pain trailer?

 

[Laughs] Yes, yes I have. I really liked it.

 

So did we. Would you like to say something about it?

 

It was very visually appealing. The lighting was very good.

 

The trailer also looks familiar, especially the character, his mullet…we have seen him somewhere before…

 

[Kojima’s translator pitches in] Snake?

 

Yes!

 

Oh! [laughs] It might have been an inspiration…

 

 

Kojima mentioned lighting, lighting sounds close to lighting. Metal Gear Rising 2 confirmed!

anyway, why the hell didnt they just attack him with Phantom Pain questions. i would have gone all Cole Phelps on his **bleep** in that interview.


Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 122 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/04/2009
Online
3777 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Jan 18, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

IGN talks to Kojima about Phantom Pain:

http://me.ign.com/en/feature/7036/Hideo-Kojima-Talks-MGR-FOX-Engine-and-Phantom-Pain

 

 

Finally, have you seen the new Phantom Pain trailer?

 

[Laughs] Yes, yes I have. I really liked it.

 

So did we. Would you like to say something about it?

 

It was very visually appealing. The lighting was very good.

 

The trailer also looks familiar, especially the character, his mullet…we have seen him somewhere before…

 

[Kojima’s translator pitches in] Snake?

 

Yes!

 

Oh! [laughs] It might have been an inspiration…

 

 

Kojima mentioned lighting, lighting sounds close to lighting. Metal Gear Rising 2 confirmed!

anyway, why the hell didnt they just attack him with Phantom Pain questions. i would have gone all Cole Phelps on his **bleep** in that interview.


Maybe because they had IGN to keep away Phantom Pain real questions because... you know...  And just ti play along...

 

Also.. I'm glad I read this part,

 

Q: Right, even though it’s a game in a different genre, it still falls under the Metal Gear roof, and I am sure fans will enjoy it as much as the others in the series. Now related to that, and this is a much asked fan question, why was Raiden chosen as the ninja-cyborg guy in Revengeance instead of someone like Gray Fox?

 

A: It was actually not my idea, it was my staff in Kojima Productions that insisted on Raiden, and I respected their idea. I wanted to really focus on production than development, and they wanted to come up with a really cool hack-and-slash title with some Katana action and Raiden in it, and I thought ‘okay, that’s fine, I respect that’.

But in my personal opinion, I wanted to go for Frank Jaegar or Gray Fox. But if we had gone with that, I would have had to write the script and then be really committed to creating the game. I want to pass game development to the younger generation in my team, and have been trying to do so for quite some time. Before I never could give complete responsibilities for other games, but for Revengeance, they are fully in control. Besides, if I had created the game and directed it, it wouldn’t have been this game. I am very happy to see the growth in my team and how they have developed such an incredible game.

 photo MGSV-Banner-4_zps217afef9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 122 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/20/2008
Online
7374 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Jan 19, 2013

WillyMGS wrote:

Maybe because they had IGN to keep away Phantom Pain real questions because... you know...  And just ti play along...

Also.. I'm glad I read this part,

Q: Right, even though it’s a game in a different genre, it still falls under the Metal Gear roof, and I am sure fans will enjoy it as much as the others in the series. Now related to that, and this is a much asked fan question, why was Raiden chosen as the ninja-cyborg guy in Revengeance instead of someone like Gray Fox?

 

A: It was actually not my idea, it was my staff in Kojima Productions that insisted on Raiden, and I respected their idea. I wanted to really focus on production than development, and they wanted to come up with a really cool hack-and-slash title with some Katana action and Raiden in it, and I thought ‘okay, that’s fine, I respect that’.

But in my personal opinion, I wanted to go for Frank Jaegar or Gray Fox. But if we had gone with that, I would have had to write the script and then be really committed to creating the game. I want to pass game development to the younger generation in my team, and have been trying to do so for quite some time. Before I never could give complete responsibilities for other games, but for Revengeance, they are fully in control. Besides, if I had created the game and directed it, it wouldn’t have been this game. I am very happy to see the growth in my team and how they have developed such an incredible game.


 

Thank God. Last thing I'd want is for Kojima to ruin Fox's story with LOL NANOMACHINES or any other crazy mumbo jumbo.

Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 122 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
31786 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Jan 19, 2013

SergeantVincent wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

Maybe because they had IGN to keep away Phantom Pain real questions because... you know...  And just ti play along...

Also.. I'm glad I read this part,

Q: Right, even though it’s a game in a different genre, it still falls under the Metal Gear roof, and I am sure fans will enjoy it as much as the others in the series. Now related to that, and this is a much asked fan question, why was Raiden chosen as the ninja-cyborg guy in Revengeance instead of someone like Gray Fox?

 

A: It was actually not my idea, it was my staff in Kojima Productions that insisted on Raiden, and I respected their idea. I wanted to really focus on production than development, and they wanted to come up with a really cool hack-and-slash title with some Katana action and Raiden in it, and I thought ‘okay, that’s fine, I respect that’.

But in my personal opinion, I wanted to go for Frank Jaegar or Gray Fox. But if we had gone with that, I would have had to write the script and then be really committed to creating the game. I want to pass game development to the younger generation in my team, and have been trying to do so for quite some time. Before I never could give complete responsibilities for other games, but for Revengeance, they are fully in control. Besides, if I had created the game and directed it, it wouldn’t have been this game. I am very happy to see the growth in my team and how they have developed such an incredible game.


 

Thank God. Last thing I'd want is for Kojima to ruin Fox's story with LOL NANOMACHINES or any other crazy mumbo jumbo.


but he couldnt use Nanomachines since they were only a big deal in the MGS2 era.

Gray Fox just had good ol' machinery and gene therapy. as well as any other menta crap The Patriots f***ed him up with.

 

but that doesnt matter, as im sure we will have some Gray Fox in Ground Zeroes. Kojima needs to fix the crap he pulled in Portable Ops.

actuallly, he just needs to say whether the game is cannon or not. Ignoring the game doesnt do anything, Kojima, your problems wont just go away by not looking at them!


Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 122 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/31/2005
Online
7969 posts
 

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

They messed around with his story in Portable Ops anyway, it is all ready tainted. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 122 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes