Highlighted
May 15 2010
By: GekkeKip_Be Lombax Warrior 87 posts

Will there be a Metal Gear Online 3?

58 replies 4676 views Edited May 15, 2010

I was just wondering... think we might see a Metal Gear Online 3? Or is MGO(2) the last one?

Because I would like to see a sequel, it may be something a breath of fresh air. Just my opinion.

Message 1 of 59 (4,676 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41572 posts

Re: Will there be a Metal Gear Online 3?

May 15, 2010
If Konami can't get their **bleep** together on the online front, I hope not. They'd need to build it from the ground up again.

Message 2 of 59 (4,676 Views)
Fender Bender
3860 posts

May 15, 2010

Only if they can polish up all the game itself.

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 3 of 59 (4,676 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7092 posts

May 15, 2010
Yeah Konami has a lot to do to put together a solid game, and as someone said that would require building from the ground up. They need to get back on the drawing board... MGO has a lot of great things, but fails miserably because of the little things.

But aside from everything I just typed... unfortunately I think the deciding factor whether we'll see a MGO3 is if Konami can make a profit....
Message 4 of 59 (4,676 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13209 posts

May 15, 2010

Hopefully with Rising, we see a new MGO that's a lot more polished, and uses Sony's network and our PSN's, rather than working around it and using awful Konami ID's.

http://www.twitch.tv/xeroanarian
Message 5 of 59 (4,676 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41572 posts

May 16, 2010

XeroAnarian wrote:

Hopefully with Rising, we see a new MGO that's a lot more polished, and uses Sony's network and our PSN's, rather than working around it and using awful Konami ID's.

Konami already said they're dropping the Konami IDs in the future due to the backlash. Hell, they still could have used them if they linked them to PSN IDs but Konami were ass hats about the whole approach. It would actually make sense to have that setup with Rising (if it does have an online) since it's across 3 platforms and having your Konami ID linked to your PSN ID/Gamertag would allow you to carry your stats and DLC between versions.

What the hell am I talking about? That would be a good idea.

Message 6 of 59 (4,676 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13209 posts

May 16, 2010

SlashZaku wrote:

XeroAnarian wrote:

Konami already said they're dropping the Konami IDs in the future due to the backlash. Hell, they still could have used them if they linked them to PSN IDs but Konami were ass hats about the whole approach. It would actually make sense to have that setup with Rising (if it does have an online) since it's across 3 platforms and having your Konami ID linked to your PSN ID/Gamertag would allow you to carry your stats and DLC between versions.

Yeah but I really doubt anyone would care enough to do that. I know I wouldn't really care about it. To me it'd just be another annoying login screen.

http://www.twitch.tv/xeroanarian
Message 7 of 59 (4,676 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3860 posts

May 16, 2010

SlashZaku wrote:

XeroAnarian wrote:

If that happens it would be a whole new revolutionary feauture in gaming.

If Kojima does it, he would be a new revolutionary icon in the gaming industry.

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 8 of 59 (4,676 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41572 posts

May 16, 2010

XeroAnarian wrote:

Yeah but I really doubt anyone would care enough to do that. I know I wouldn't really care about it. To me it'd just be another annoying login screen.

Would just be a one-time thing. Create the account, link your Console IDs and then whenever you sign into a Konami game, it would handle the Konami ID stuff in the background. Essentially what they can do, is something like EA does with their account where you can play a browser game (Dragon Age Origins) and then have extras carry over to the actual game (since KojiPro does all these little browser games/extra sites).

Like I said, it's a good/plausible idea that's over their heads. Meh...

Message 9 of 59 (4,676 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41572 posts

May 16, 2010

WillyMGS wrote:

If that happens it would be a whole new revolutionary feauture in gaming.

If Kojima does it, he would be a new revolutionary icon in the gaming industry.

Pretty sure you're trying to goad me into taking a shot at Kojima...

Message 10 of 59 (4,676 Views)
0 Likes