Apr 23 2012
By: dodgerfan4eva First Son 3 posts

mgs4 crashes to the xmb

8 replies 1071 views Edited Apr 23, 2012

at the middle of act 4 i clean the disk reinstaling the game it still kicks me to the xmb

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7159 posts

Re: mgs4 crashes to the xmb

Apr 23, 2012

I...uh...what?

Gimmie a minute to try to comprehend whatever it is that you just said.

Why would you take out the disc while installing when it says in big bold letters "DO NOT TURN OFF THE GAME OR CONSOLE" or whatever?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,071 Views)
PlayStation MVP
31489 posts

Apr 23, 2012

he forgot to add a period after "act 4".

anyway, is it the regular version of MGS4 or the Greatest Hits?

there was an issue with the regular version of MGS4 where some of the games would do this, there doesnt seem to be a fix for it or work around that i know of.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 24, 2012

i have the regular version does the problem happen to the slims because i had the game since the end of 2008 and this problem didnt happen to my fat ps3 plus i made a new game in another account to see if its a save game data glitch thx ne ways

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31489 posts

Apr 24, 2012

i really cant say as i dont know much on the issue aside from its existance. sorry i cant be of much help.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 18, 2012

This issue is also happening to me. I have an original MGS4 Disk and when the ACT4 is loading it crashes to XMB.

The only fix I found for that was using a UNLOCKED PS3. I don't have the intention to ever unlock my PS3 system and I'd like to have an official answer from SONY to this issue.

It seems that the patches that were applied (maybe to the lame Thophy system) messed up with the game.

So, I think we, the rightful owners of original MSG4 copies need an answer from SONY regarding this issue that pretty much cuts the game in half!

Just to clarify, I already tried to started with a previous save and go over again with no success. I wait for the system to crash and I don't turn off the system while the PS3 is thinking... So, please, I ask to all the users to not come back with useless comments, ok?

I hope that someone at SONY is looking into those threads and notice that MSG4 is currently UNPLAYABLE after ACT3 end.

Looking forward to a solution from you SONY!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (957 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23680 posts

Nov 18, 2012

smurfgenio wrote:

This issue is also happening to me. I have an original MGS4 Disk and when the ACT4 is loading it crashes to XMB.

The only fix I found for that was using a UNLOCKED PS3. I don't have the intention to ever unlock my PS3 system and I'd like to have an official answer from SONY to this issue.

It seems that the patches that were applied (maybe to the lame Thophy system) messed up with the game.

So, I think we, the rightful owners of original MSG4 copies need an answer from SONY regarding this issue that pretty much cuts the game in half!

Just to clarify, I already tried to started with a previous save and go over again with no success. I wait for the system to crash and I don't turn off the system while the PS3 is thinking... So, please, I ask to all the users to not come back with useless comments, ok?

I hope that someone at SONY is looking into those threads and notice that MSG4 is currently UNPLAYABLE after ACT3 end.

Looking forward to a solution from you SONY!

Thanks!

Why would we "need an answer from Sony", especially considering that Kojima Productions/Konami made the game? And no, support doesn't "fall to Sony" by default. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (950 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Captain, its an exclusive.  I hope mine dont boot me back to xmb?  I cant believe i have to dig it out of my closet cause trophies finally came out for it.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (917 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Delete your saved data and game data. The latest 2.0 patch does not allow for play over old save files with the new trophies.

Latest patch included all d/led camos, songs, trophies. Also allows for complete install of all acts (finally), which everyone

should do.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (881 Views)
0 Likes