**Thanks to GAMER812 and PPCK for letting me know that THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH A WIRELESS CONNECTION.**
Hello fellow Monster Hunters! Recently the Adhoc Party Beta was released in Japan. You can get online and play MHF, MHF2, and many other PSP games using your PS3 by following these easy steps! (Believe me, if I can do it, so can you!)
First of all you are going to need to make a Japan PSN account, here is an excellent guide that will walk you through the process: Youtube Guide to Setting Up a Japan Account!
Ok now that you have your Japan account follow these steps to get Adhoc Party:
1. Go into the Playstation Store
2. Find A Hoc Party- This can be tough if you do not know Japanese. Just look for the words 'Ad Hoc Party' on the picture icon. I just checked the store and as of this moment the Ad Hoc Party can be found in the second option from the bottom, the one with the diamond shapes on both ends. It is the first option, the only other option in that category is an Ad Hoc Party Video.
3. Download AdHoc Party- If you have ever downloaded anything from the store before the process is the same. If not, then just keep clicking the orange icons. (Side note: Once it starts downloading you can switch back to your regular PSN account!)
4. Install Adhoc Party
YAY! You Now have the 'Ad Hoc Party for Playstation Portable' available in your games tab!
Now it is time to get online with fellow hunters!
Start Adhoc Party, there will be an update to version 1.04, download and install it.
It is time to get online with fellow hunters! Just follow these steps. Steps 1-3 are OPTIONAL, but I advise you to do them your first time with Ad Hoc Party.
**Remember in Japan Circle is used to 'accept' and X is used to 'cancel'**
1. With AdHoc Party started go down to the third option and press circle. - It is now searching for your PSP.
2. Start Up Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and go into the Online Guild. Make sure your Wifi switch is turned on your PSP.
3. Once your PSP in found, press circle, you will go back to the main screen of AdHoc Party.
4. Now press circle to chose the first option on the Ad Hoc Party screen. You will be taken to and place that says 'World A' you can scroll through the worlds with the L1 and R1 buttons.
**World J is the one I will use in this guide as it is used most by English speaking people**
5. Find World J, now using the left or right analog stick find lobby 50, press circle to go into Lobby 50.
**Lobby 50 is also known to be the 'English Speaking Lobby.' How this came to be, I have no idea.**
6. You will now see a close up of Lobby 50, Press Circle.
Now you may or may not see other people, you can talk to these people buy pressing start to bring up your keyboard. You can also press circle over their name, the first option makes you walk to them, the second option you can talk to them, the third option is 'add to friends list'.
You will also see houses. Each house represents someone hosting a game. Which game are playing? Well you don't really know until you go into the house. Some of the houses are named based on what game they are playing, but not always, so feel free to pop into any open house and ask what they are playing if you cannot tell. To enter a house, use the analog stick and set the target over the house, press circle, then chose the 2nd option. To exit a house press triangle, then chose the first option, then chose the option to the left.
Once you are in a house you can hook up a headset to your PS3. That's right, voice chat in Monster Hunter, FINALLY!
**Houses with an open door are open to anyone**
**Houses with a shut (or no) door are full and you cannot go into them**
**Houses with a key are password protected, unless you have the pass word you cannot go in**
If you are lucky you will find some one hosting a MHF or MHF2 game! If not just start your own!
Just a reminder that u cant use wireless connection on your ps3, must use cable.
Also at the title page, u dont really need to go to the 3rd option to search for your psp,i always skip that.
If u are playing with japanese people here r some words to use.
Warning my Japanese is elementary, but enough to play with japanese people
Rios - Rathalos
Ria - Rathian
Mira - Fatalis
Nazuchi - Chamelos
Akamu - Akantor
If you want to request a quest the next game uu can say
Tsugiwa rios ii desu ka? = Is the next 1 rathalos ok?
If u die during a quest, u should say sumimasen or gomenasai which means sry