Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 21 2011
By: Maddog-OIF First Son 1 posts

Anyone still play MHF2?

2 replies 399 views Edited Aug 21, 2011

I just got this game for PSP and it seems pretty fun. but i can never seem to find any games to join. Is the multyplayer for this game dead?

Message 1 of 3 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Re: Anyone still play MHF2?

Aug 22, 2011

well man a couple of things...

most people are on either monster hunter freedom unite, (which is a super up-grade of mhf2 and i can highly recomend it) or they are playing monster hunter portable 3 which sadly is a japanese import only so great if you can read japanese but otherwise -.-

the other thing dude is that tragically MH is adhoc only, no online... you can go online via a ps3 if you have one or use a program called Xlink kai which im afraid i know nothing about.

on a side note i think MH is one of the best games out there, i am pretty much a solo hunter as i live in the middle of frikken nowhere but i manage. if you decide to upgrade to mhf unite you can carry over most of your progress and stuff so nothing lost.

unite adds felyne comrades (little cat dudes that help out on missions) which help out solo hunting alot. as well as new weapons, armor, levels, monsters and all kinds of stuff.

your best bet is to get some of your friends playing as well and adhoc.

hope that helps and welcome to MH

Message 2 of 3 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Re: Anyone still play MHF2?

Sep 5, 2011

Shadow's right, PS3 or Kai only.  But I recently imported MHP3rd HD version for the PS3 and will soon be online with PSP and PS3 users playing with my fellow hunters....it's been too long!  I did run awhile on Tri for the Wii, it was fresh, but not the same as PS!    

Message 3 of 3 (399 Views)
0 Likes