Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 02 2011
By: VengefulTorture Survivor 2631 posts

Deviljho and duals

14 replies 19 views Edited Jan 2, 2011

Why capcom? Why?! Just because my duals aren't the size of Ghost's ego shouldn't mean i can't hit this guy. I'm trying to do the last village quest and trust me - it's not that hard, just time consuming - especially with duals. You can only hit his legs at any given time and they're constantly on the move. I think i'm going to try it without cats next time, maybe he won't run around so much. Of course i think i'll try it with long sword next, just so i can reach him. -I gave up at about 30 min when i knew he wasn't even at half health, mind you i was only hit once. *sigh here we go

side note: SSP and barrage piercing are extremely easy to get. I have SSP but i felt like holding of on barrage because i needed other mats.

www.youtube.com/vengefultorture
Message 1 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7917 posts

Re: Deviljho and duals

Jan 3, 2011

VengefulTorture wrote:

Why capcom? Why?! Just because my duals aren't the size of Ghost's ego shouldn't mean i can't hit this guy. I'm trying to do the last village quest and trust me - it's not that hard, just time consuming - especially with duals. You can only hit his legs at any given time and they're constantly on the move. I think i'm going to try it without cats next time, maybe he won't run around so much. Of course i think i'll try it with long sword next, just so i can reach him. -I gave up at about 30 min when i knew he wasn't even at half health, mind you i was only hit once. *sigh here we go

side note: SSP and barrage piercing are extremely easy to get. I have SSP but i felt like holding of on barrage because i needed other mats.

Haha remember this is where we adapt to a different weapon that suits the monster can't make the game too easy. Plus they probably want you to try other weapon types.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2631 posts

Jan 3, 2011

main reason i brought duals was for narga and tigrex... ah well

Message 3 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3215 posts

Jan 3, 2011

how do you get SSP and barrage piercings?

i am just about to jump into trainging school.  assumed they still come from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chavez The Monster Hunter
Message 4 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2631 posts

Jan 3, 2011

they do come from there, but they really dumbed it down. For SSP you just need A rank times on all the training (only 6 of them). And for barrage you just need to use each weapon in training. Thing is, there's only group training - so you can do ALL of it people others!

Message 5 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Jan 3, 2011

venge buddy, i feel your pain. i have weapon wise in tri is hammers, and hes to big and moves to much for hammering. i had to wait for times when he stood still or was in a trap before i could actually do some decent damage him. i'm going to have to make a new weapon to take him on.

Message 6 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Hey could anyone refresh my memory?

What were SSP and Barrage piercing? As I read them something popped up in my mind but I cant remember what they were  D:

EDIT: Uhmmm used Google so nevermind. Why do you say they are now  "dumbed down"?

Message 7 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2631 posts

Jan 4, 2011

I said the training is dumbed down now. Only 6 quests you need, all have coop? In the past there were 10 sets to complete, then 6, then another 8 was it? All with 5 weapons each - and on top of that more group training!

Message 8 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Oh, sorry, i guess .

Message 9 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2631 posts

Jan 4, 2011

huh? sorry? i was merely explaining myself? whatchu sorry for?

Message 10 of 15 (19 Views)
0 Likes