Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 23 2011
By: SapienChavez Fender Bender 3215 posts

Five years of Monster Hunter on the PSP

14 replies 764 views Edited May 23, 2011

Five years ago today, Monster Hunter Freedom was released in the USA.  i got it about a week later, after seeing it in the store... never saw a single promotional item for the game.

i joined the PSN just to talk MH!

so... 2000+ hours in 5 years.... i could have gotten my pilot's liscence.  I could have learned piano.  I could have started a new career.  Nonetheless, my time was never wasted as i love MH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chavez The Monster Hunter
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (764 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Re: Five years of Monster Hunter on the PSP

May 24, 2011

here here man. i remember starting on MH back with numuro ouno a month after its release back when i was stationed in japan. smartest game purchase in mah life.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3215 posts

May 24, 2011

i did buy MH1, after i got Freedom... but i didnt like using the analog stick to attack, as my controller wasnt *perfect* so i stuck to the psp version.  and i got my buddies hooked on the game and psp is far more social. 

heres my main freedom save:

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo27/SapienChavez/ChavezMHF.jpg

Shining Wyvern Blade!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (764 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

May 25, 2011

yeah, 17 minutes of play time on the one. fricking epic son! lol

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3215 posts

May 25, 2011

haha that was trying to get one friend into it.  as ive said before, ive gotten a bunch of people to play this game (and buy psps, just for this game) but the one buddy i thought would love this game didnt like it.  ive tried a few times with him, never takes to it   love his name selection though.  Khil.  cracks me up

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

May 26, 2011

holy crap dudes its been a while... well due to floods blown up modems faulty laptops and sonys spectacular swandive i havnt been around...

but hey a topic near and dear to my heart! the reason i own a psp is mh! in fact i solidly refused to buy a psp until i got a mh bundle and it has been love ever since. i remeber hearing ages ago about the monster hunter franchise and thinking, man that sounds like the perfect game, and to my extreme pleasure i found that it is (imo at least) very nearly perfect...

im still having trouble with that rat bastid lavasioth tho! although it has given me the excuse to go back and fill armor/wepon/gem/farming spots... dear god this rocky fish pokemon looking peerik is harder than akantor!

mh goes with me everywhere and has easily surpased all other games in time spent and thats not even including time spent on research, forums and mh related sculpting!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3215 posts

May 26, 2011

to hijack my own thread:

when i was having trouble with lavasioth i just abused traps and paralyze weapons.  3 pitfalls, and 1 shock.  if you plan/time it right youll get a paralyze while in a trap and thats a long time o whackin!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7534 posts

Jun 15, 2011

Good times... I remember my first MH experience.....

It was actually just okay. It was in 2004 for the PS2 and I couldn't really get into it and the game sat on my shelf for like 2 weeks before I picked it up again. Then I found the online mode and before I knew it MH was pushing its naughty bits in my face like a fat Japanese guy does to higschool girl on a packed tram in Okinawa

DEMOLITION D
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15329 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Not trying to bump year old topics, but this one isn't far down and I do have a memorable memory about the release of MHF.  I got the beta disc for it right before a trip to the Philippines and while on the 18 hour flight, was playing the heck out of it and enjoying every second.  But when we landed in Hong Kong, to change planes, I left my PSP in the seat pocket in front of me with the disc inside and I never bought another PSP and that was the last time I played MH other than going back and trying to play my MH beta or MH 1 games when i got the craving.  It makes me sad to think about all the potential great game time I lost if I hadn't left it on the plane that day.  And since I got hooked on WoW right after that, that lost PSP and game cost me thousands in subscription fees since.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (741 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7534 posts

Sep 28, 2012

DEMOLITION_D wrote:

Good times... I remember my first MH experience.....

It was actually just okay. It was in 2004 for the PS2 and I couldn't really get into it and the game sat on my shelf for like 2 weeks before I picked it up again. Then I found the online mode and before I knew it MH was pushing its naughty bits in my face like a fat Japanese guy does to higschool girl on a packed tram in Okinawa

You're drunk, get out of here.

DEMOLITION D
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (722 Views)
0 Likes