Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1143 posts

Re: Girls play Monster Hunter too!

Jul 31, 2008

I'm just glad that not just boys play it.

Cause they didn't give the game two genders for nothing, right?

Official DeathBringer of the Fraternal Order of My Monster Hunter Veterans.

Message 41 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8103 posts

Jul 31, 2008

CrimsonVirus wrote:

I'm just glad that not just boys play it.

Cause they didn't give the game two genders for nothing, right?

Imagine 2 monster hunter PSP gamers. A guy and a woman. And then they found out something in common and ended up dating, playing Monster Hunter together on co-op, then getting married. Just because of their beloved Monster Hunter franchise. That would be cool.

It hasn't happened in Monster Hunter yet that I know of, but it happened in other games. I know a couple that met and it all started with videogames. She was a Tekken, Final Fantasy,  Platformer type, and he was a Metal Gear, GTA, and a Tekken fan as well. They met, found out they both love Tekken and the rest is history. Now they're married and has 2 kids. Pretty cool.

Message 42 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1143 posts

Jul 31, 2008

It could happen.

Official DeathBringer of the Fraternal Order of My Monster Hunter Veterans.

Message 43 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

Jul 31, 2008
Meh...my sis plays too.

Message 44 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3558 posts

Jul 31, 2008

Playtom wrote:

Geez all i did was question the difference of two terms and suddenly feminists jump on my backs and start making random accusations. Luckily i took the polite approach to this and decided not to use words but pictures to illustrate what i was saying for those, if any, that can't understand it.

Oh and what's this? A young boy playing a psp and a girl playing the wii beside him?

Message Edited by Playtom on 07-30-2008 03:11 PM

:smileyindifferent:  Ok, that's just dumb. Saying a 40 year old man is a "young boy" is quite obviously not within the scope of this argument.  You've tacked on another word to completely alter the argument.

It might well be a question of perception, or even the age of the person speaking.  Anyway, words don't always have one particular meaning.  The etymology of the word 'boy' for instance:  boy was originally intended to mean 'child', and there was no single word to seperate them - there were female boys and male boys, until someone invented the term 'girl'.

Trying to impose rules on the way people use words just doesn't work.  Awesome is another example; in common parlance, awesome is not used in the same way it once was.  Girl, Lady, Woman have all basically become synonymous with "female" rather than a particular age or status.  The one caveat I'll give you is that if someone said "a girl and a lady" I'd expect the 'girl' to be noticeably younger than the woman. 

More than 500 people die every year whilst counting pennies from their big penny jar. Nobody knows why..
Factopedia - a world of amazing fact!
Message 45 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1894 posts

Jul 31, 2008

FuneralFog wrote:
monster is too hardcore for a woman to get into
Emphatically NOT true. 3 of my guild mates  in MH1 on the PS2 are young women. All of whom I know in real life.
Young women who could kick your butt at Monster Hunter. 
I was actually amazed at how much the game actually appealed to the ladies.  

Message 46 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1617 posts

Jul 31, 2008

FuneralFog wrote:

Wow...just wow.

I have played every MH game that has be released in the US. I started the Gamer Advisory Panel Monster Hunter Mondays. I have written guides to help new players. I have written a guide to help players get online with kai. I have driven 11 hours to hang out with fellow Monster Hunter players. I have over 900 hours on the PS2 MH and I am currently playing MHF2, I just reached 450 hours. (Soloed my first White Fatalis! Just about 6 more and I can make the armor, OH YEAH!!!)

Message Edited by Kath R on 07-31-2008 08:20 AM
Message 47 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
853 posts

Jul 31, 2008

Dagger_32 wrote:

FuneralFog wrote:

Wow...just wow.

I have played every MH game that has be released in the US. I started the Gamer Advisory Panel Monster Hunter Mondays. I have written guides to help new players. I have written a guide to help players get online with kai. I have driven 11 hours to hang out with fellow Monster Hunter players. I have over 900 hours on the PS2 MH and I am currently playing MHF2, I just reached 450 hours. (Soloed my first White Fatalis! Just about 6 more and I can make the armor, OH YEAH!!!) ...

well said. . . I have played this game solo from day one and i detest the notion that this is too hardcore for a woman. . . i play MHF2 on my PINK psp and with 170+ hours logged. . . True i may only be HR4 but m one urgent away to HR5. . .

Message Edited by Kath R on 07-31-2008 08:24 AM
Message 48 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jul 31, 2008

My wife is 23...and yes, we have a child...and she is considering giving MHF2 a try.  The only reason she hasn't to this point is because most of her gaming time is tied up playing Warhawk.  She really wasn't into gaming when we met a few years ago (we met over the Internet of all places) but I slowly got her into them and now she is hooked.  She started out playing Mario on the DS before making a nice little transition into Guitar Hero.  Wasn't long after before she was trying Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear Portable Ops and Warhawk.

To say that any game is too hardcore for women is just ignorant. 

Message 49 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2285 posts

Jul 31, 2008
yeah..
"You guys do realise that you can still only have up to 3 perks right? That Just Because there are like 10ish perks, doesn't mean you get to use them all in one game."

Want to win a free prestige edition of MW2?? Click the link!

http://www.playfire.com/win-codmw2/323332323736
Message 50 of 1,822 (440 Views)
0 Likes