Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2010
By: VengefulTorture Survivor 2631 posts

Rathalos is no more

37 replies 22 views Edited Dec 6, 2010

They killed him. Completely horrible. 

I fought my first Los is P3 today and I hated it. They completely removed the fun in fighting him. I went in with my hammer, as one of my simple pleasures in MH i find bashing a los' head with a hammer is just amazing. but not anymore. You can't even get near his head! All he does is fly around and attack you, spitting out fireballs or swooping by quickly. And when he's not doing that he's clawing you or running around! When he goes to land after a flying attack he'll wait for you to get near him, then spit a homing fireball at you! I can't hammer him anymore! It's impossible! doesn't help that the new status ailment is fire damage over time. I got combo'd so bad by him it wasn't even funny - i wanted to throw my psp at the **bleep**ing wall. 

awful. **bleep** you capcom - why couldn't you keep the monsters that are STILL around the same? 

www.youtube.com/vengefultorture
Message 1 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7917 posts

Re: Rathalos is no more

Dec 6, 2010

VengefulTorture wrote:

They killed him. Completely horrible. 

I fought my first Los is P3 today and I hated it. They completely removed the fun in fighting him. I went in with my hammer, as one of my simple pleasures in MH i find bashing a los' head with a hammer is just amazing. but not anymore. You can't even get near his head! All he does is fly around and attack you, spitting out fireballs or swooping by quickly. And when he's not doing that he's clawing you or running around! When he goes to land after a flying attack he'll wait for you to get near him, then spit a homing fireball at you! I can't hammer him anymore! It's impossible! doesn't help that the new status ailment is fire damage over time. I got combo'd so bad by him it wasn't even funny - i wanted to throw my psp at the **bleep**ing wall. 

awful. **bleep** you capcom - why couldn't you keep the monsters that are STILL around the same? 

Eh we'll just have to adapt. I always viewed Rathalos as the image for monster hunter for some reason, and I loved fighting him too....

On the brightside, I tried the slashaxe or whatever it's called and OMG it's sweet! Reminds me of a gunlance, but cooler!

Photobucket
Message 2 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Well most of the monsters that are capble to fly don't fly as much, I mean if they are in danger wouldn't taking off to the sky the best strategy for them? It's nice to see they're actually using their brains than brute force.

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Message 3 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Dec 6, 2010

To tell you the truth i am happy with that

it means i will have to learn to be a hunter all over again

the issue with unite and freedom 2 was i went from being, not to blow my own trumpet, a pretty good hunter, to still a pretty good hunter

the challenge was still sort of not there

by the sounds of it i will be a novice all over

that means i can learn my trade again

and maybe find weapons i once just couldn't use

i can now use quite well

Message 4 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4895 posts

Dec 6, 2010

I enjoyed fighting him...albeit it was in MH3, but still fun none the less. I just wish hoping mhp3 has better bowgun variation. It feels like I've been using the same weapon since I started MH3.

Message 5 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Dec 6, 2010
dont throw your psp
Photobucket

psp 1001 6.39 PRO-B nightly (+.·:·) macfag
Message 6 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Dec 6, 2010

i know they started making him more airborn in Tri. flash bomb the crap outta him. don't give him the chance to fly.

Message 7 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2631 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Oh i went back on his ass. He flied sooo **bleep**ing much though it was ridiculous. I eventually gave up and laid a shock trap down, went to town on his face and after that whenever he'd fly i managed to make him flinch/fall out of the sky - upon which i teabagged him, and began bashing his face in again. 

www.youtube.com/vengefultorture
Message 8 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3215 posts

Dec 6, 2010

remember my rant on relativity?  i said the new Los was harder...

youll learn him.  hes not too tough.  focus on his tail when learning his new patterns.

i think youll end up liking him more now; isnt it nice to fear Rathalos again? 

i feel your pain bro!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chavez The Monster Hunter
Message 9 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Dec 6, 2010

i remember his flying being an issue in MH for ps2. looks like they brought that back.

Anyway tho dont you want the monsters to be a little updated and differant or else its not a new game.

At least the new monsters arent all kut kus and tigrex re skinned.

"His name was Robert Pulsan"

READ MA BLOG YO "http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/"

If i ask questions that means i already googled it and got no where.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Message 10 of 38 (22 Views)
0 Likes