Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3841 posts

Re: VT's HR Up Guide for Unite

Jan 7, 2010

shadowynne wrote:

hey venge thanks for the guide so far, i was contemplating setting down the psp for a break but seeing how close i am to the next rank (thanks to your guide) im off again to do some murderising!

and ghost, damn man youve given me hope for that god forsaken quest, which i think is a bad thing! thanks for putting the time in for us little hunters to learn from your experience!

Not a problem, hopefully it helps you out.  I know it isn't very detailed but they, there really isn't much to it that people don't already know :smileytongue:

>
Message 30 of 95 (168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Jan 8, 2010

Alright, I don't really feel like making a video right now. I'm tired, sleepy, hugry and bored, so I'll make a solo guide for the final boss

White Fatalis

White FatalisNoob's Gunlance Guide

For Solo Hunters

(by Shudmanul)

If you don't like using gunlances, or don't find them much fun, well White Fatalis is the monster that is almost

perfect for gunlancing. I know most people would gun this quest, but it's okay to have a bit of fun, right?  To be honest, I used to hate gunlances, seeing them being too slow and difficult to use, but now, I'm using them regularly. I'm sure you will start enjoying using gunlances too once you go through my guide!

First of all, meet the king of disaster

***say hi***

He can kill you easily if you don't have the right equipment, so here are some armor suggestions:

>Sword Saint Piercing

>Lava Mail X

>Ceanataur Vambraces Z

>Lava Tasset X

>Ceanataur Greaves Z

Gems: 2x More Guts Jewel, 1x Turtle Jewel, 1x Defense Jewel, 1x Cutter Jewel, 2x Razor Jewel

Skills: ESP, Guts, Sharp Sword

Def: 541; Fire:12 Wtr:-4 Thdr:-2 Ice:0 Drg:2

*2 socket weapon
**Anti-Fatalis set

***Mainly for World's End (silver los) gunlance 

>Hermitaur Helm Z

>Silver Sol Mail Z
>Hermitaur Vambraces Z
>Hermitaur Tasset Z
>Indra Leggings Shin

Gems: 1x Marathon Jewel, 1x Attack Jewel, 2x Swordsman Jewel, 1x Fierce Jewel, 2x Stone Wall Jewel

Skills: Guts, Attack Up (Small), Guard +1, ESP

Def: 601; Fire:0 Wtr:11 Thdr:-5 Ice:-10 Drg:2

*created by VengefuTorture

Weapon Suggestions:

World's End (silver los)    -   Highly Recommended

Large Popcorn

TrueBlkDrgnGunlance    -    Requires RA+2, but very powerful

White Cannon G

Items to bring:                                                 In case you forgot:

-power talon/charm                                             well done steak + power extract = mega juice :smileyhappy: 

-armour talon/charm                                           dragon toadstool + mega nutrients = max potion

-5x mega juice                                                    imunizer + kelbi horn = ancient potion

-10x mega potion

-10x potion

-10x herbs

-20x whetstones

-2x max potion

-1x ancient potion

-10x well done steak

-10x power extract

-5x dragon toadstool

-5x mega nutrients

-10x imunizer

-10x kelbi horn 

-book of combos 1-5 

-2 optional items 

Now that you've chosen your weapon (and armor), let's start with the basics (non-armor mode)

Guarding takes up stamina, so be high on mega juice to play comfortably:smileyhappy: 

Always be infront and facing of the King of Disaster, just slightly infront of the head.

Position yourself wrong, and this will happen :smileytongue: 

Remember, you and your funlance have the great gift from above The Shield.

You can guard against almost all of White Fatties attacks, including the

fireballs and lightning attacks without the use of the GuardInc skill. 

3. White Fatalises head goes up and down while he walks on spot. If you time 

it right with the triangle+circle attack, you can do some serious damage to

his head if you hit it enough times, though this takes a little practice.

Remember to jump back after every attack you do. For every shell you fire,

press triangle and jump away from fattie. Do not go to the side unless you are

trying to commit suicide Keep in mind that when there is a red electric aura

around fatalis, it does not mean that he is in armor mode. It could only mean

that he is simply pissed. Fattie enters armor mode at <50% health, and becomes

impenetratable. That's why the ESP skill is a must for fatalis. When he is at 10%

health, he will shed blood again. As long as he is penetratable on the head with

blue sharpness, he is not in armor mode. 

While in non-rage mode, when you attack his head with the triangle+circle attack,

you can fire an extra shell at his head right after attacking to deal more damage. 

Never do this if he is in rage mode or armor mode...

Or he'll fly into the air and rape you to the best of his ability, OHKO-ing you :smileysad: 

How do you avoid this? This will be explained in the next part

Avoiding Fattie's Attacks 

White Fatalis has quite a few attacks. In this part, I will explain how to avoid them and how to counter-attack. 

****-(damage rating 1-4 star) 

1. ***Body Slam (unlike regular Fatalis, White Fatalis doesn't snap and drag) 

How to avoid: simply guard using the R button (you should know this :smileytongue:

If you have slow reflexes and fail to press R, don't play this game anymore,

the monster's are too fast for you ................I'm joking:smileywink:. Most likely, you

will be able to tell if he is going to body slam or not and be able to guard

against it, unless you didn't read what I wrote at the beginning In case you 

forgot, "Always be infront and facing of the King of Disaster, just slightly

infront of the head."

2. **Standing Lightning Ball- stands on one spot and fires a huge ball of lightning.

How to avoid: simply guard or move to the side. If you're on the side attack is

head if you can. 

3. **Lightning Claw - Strikes a claw from one side to another

How to avoid: You should not be anywhere near his stomach, unless he walked towards you.

Use the gift from the heavens (shield) if you're too close to his stomach. If you're infront of his

head, attack when his head his halfway from getting back up with triangle+circle attack

after clawing. When in non rage mode, Fattie will stomp both his feet and then use the

lightning claw. In rage mode, he will do it at random times. You can still counter attack

if you're infront at the right spot. 

4.***Instant Lightning ball - White Fattie instantly flies into the air as he spits a lightning ball infront of him.

How to avoid: Remeber to stay infront of the head at all times. You WILL be

able to tell when he may do this. He will move his head back and jump into the

air, firing a lightning ball. Most of the time in non-rage mode, he will do this 

attack and will fly down 80% of the time. He will then either come chase you in

low mid air and try to hit you with a lightning ball or stay up there and fire three

balls at you (he may even to to the edge of the map. Keep your camera facing

him at all times. If he moves his head back, run as far away as you can. Each

time he fires a lightning ball, it will go furthur and further. If you are far away

from him, watch out for the third ball as it doesthe most damage and has the

best accuracy. Keep your distance and you will be just fine. If you go into the

wind without dragon wind breaker, you're screwed.

When in rage/armor mode, there is a slight chance of doing this attack, but

most of the time he will jump into the air firing nothing. There is a chance of this

happening in non-rage mode, but going under the shadow is simply enough.

In rage/armor mode, he will fly to the edge of the map and fly down towards you

extremely fast. Easiest thing to do here is guard. You can panic dive as well, but

guarding is a lot simpler. When he lands after firing three balls, attack his head

relentlessly as he lands. 

5. ****Flying Claw - Fatalis flies into low air instanty after walking and takes you 

out instantly, unless you have the guts skill.

How to avoid: Guard

6. (* to ***)Rains of Destruction - Fattie steps forward and summons lightning to the ground.

As he summons lightning, attack his stomach with triangle+circle. This takes

some practice as you have to keep your distance or else you will get pushed by

his stomach and take damage. Also watch out on YOUR right since there is a

chance of a lightning bolt landing there. When you get this right, attack the

stomach in this pattern, triangle+circle,>triangle>step back. You may have

seen many people fire two shells, but the second shell does not do any damage

at all as I have seen with my HP display hack. 

7. *Foot damage.

How to avoid - don't go near it's feet you fool! 

8. *Swinging tail

How to avoid - don't be and idiot and attack the tail...:smileyindifferent:

9. Scream 

How to avoid: Guard dammit! Guard! Before he screams, he will raise his arms.

Also you can tell by actually hearing the scream for a spit second and then guarding.

10. Cowardly Rains of Destruction - White Fata flies to the top of the tower and summons lightning.

How to avoid: Go to furthest edge of the semi-circle piece sticking out of the

tower and keep running. 75% of the time, no lightning will come there. Once

in a while, a white spot may be upon you. Simply panic dive to avoid getting

electricuted. While he is coming back down from the top, take the time to

heal up, sharpen your weapon, etc. When he comes back down, attack his head 

in this sequence: triangle,>circle,>triangle,>circle,>triangle,>step back. Do this

every time he lands.

It will be a long fight but,

If you follow my guide correctly these should occur:

+many more images, but I'm to lazy to add them here now. 

In four to five rounds you should have a very good pet fatalis like this :smileytongue:

Keep in mind, once fata goes into armor mode, you only do 10% damage. If you fail

the quest or run out of time, fail it. Once you initiate that quest again, it will be at

the health you left it at the time you failed the quest. You should be be able to go

through the first three rounds at least without failing. Once you hit 4000 health,

fata will become extremely weak and may take more damage than usual.

Good luck:smileywink:  You'lle need it :smileytongue:  

*******************************************************************************************************************

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading my White Fatalis guide. I hope this has helped you in some way.

If you have any suggestions or want to point out a mistake, by all means do so.

Click my sig for my MH youtube vids :smileywink:
Message 31 of 95 (168 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Jan 8, 2010

oh dear god i am going to die... thanks for the guide man, im glad im no where near fata yet, gives me plenty of time to get my #$% together, well the only thing going for me is i love my gunlance! i used to be a strict duals user but started branching out, now i use pretty much everything (including throwing stones and kicking) but gl is my favorite over all. i cant wait until i get my popcorn put together, the thought of beasting the $#%$^%& out of wyverns with a giant corn cob just tickles me...

Message 32 of 95 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2631 posts

Jan 8, 2010
Oh very nice Shudmanul, will definitely add that Highly appreciated.
www.youtube.com/vengefultorture
Message 33 of 95 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2631 posts

Jan 8, 2010

Hypno, Hypno!: 2 Hypnocs

Prerequisites: Rise to the Summit

Recommended Weapon(s):Wyvernblade “Maple” (LS), Corpse Blades (DS), Diablos Chaos Broker (HM), ShinyRathalos Sword (GS),  Golden Falchion(SnS), Void Gravios Spear (LNC), Luna’s Flare (GLC)

Recommended Armor:

Strategy: These hypno’s are aflat out annoying as hell. They WILL join each other within about 2-4 minutesof the battle. There are some ways you can avoid this – which of course Irecommend 100%. One starts in area 5, and the other in 4. If you cansuccessfully reach one area, mess around with one and throw a paintball at it.You can keep it busy enough to run to the next area, paintball that one andstart taking it out. If you can get enough damage in the one you’re attackingwill run away to a different area and you shouldn’t have much conflict.
If however, they do team up – don’t try to fight them, you’re not ready yet!Paintball both of them and run away, wait it out one will run eventually. Thisis where the 50 minutes really comes in handy ha!
Now, when you are fighting one and only one; run circles around this chicken.It’s a very useful strategy to be constantly on the move, leaving you the oneopen to attack at any moment. When she (the hypnoc) stands still, run in for acombo on the legs. Over time she will fall over then you can get another comboin. You need to watch out however, for when she decides to lunge at you, kicking and flapping her wings. This may freak you out the first time but don’trun away. Instead – when she lunges at you roll towards her at a 45 degreeangle to the left or right. This will keep her chasing you but keep you out ofharm because she will always over shoot you and never catch up. Also this willkeep you close to her so when she is done you can get a few attacks in.
Try not to stay in front of her, as she has a few sleep attacks that are directed to her immediate front as well as at 40 degree angles out. She’s quickso don’t get greedy with attacks!
Now when she becomes enraged make sure to be extra careful, she is a master combo-er lol. One hit and you may be out. Just keep the same strategy,circling, and you should be good.

Opportune Attack Moments:

-Immediately after lungingattacks

-“Scream & Squawk!” (She’llstretch her neck forward, gas eroding from her mouth – attack the legs)

Ever-present Shadow: Narugakaruga

Prerequisites: Daimyo of SengokuFlame, Old Jungle Lightning, Eyes in the Underground Lake, Pelagus Pride, OldSwamp Shrouded in Mist

Recommended Weapon(s): CorpseBlades (DS), Golden Falchion (SnS), Black Doom Flame (SnS),Lion Emperor Saber(LS), Wyvernblade “Maple” (LS)

Recommended Armor:

Strategy: I cannot stress using aquick weapon here enough. Naruga is so fast if you move somewhat slowly withyour weapon he will take you out. And it will hurt, badly. With that in mindrealize that naruga rarely stays in one place for long, he’s always jumping aroundand about and it gets pretty annoying. Whenever he lunges at you and goes sideto side, chase after him. Immediately after he will growl a little bit, leavinghim open for attacking. Keep in mind that Naruga’s wings are extremely tough,for most weapons you will need white to pierce them. Therefore it helps if youstick to his back legs. You should be able to pierce them well into greensharpness and it keeps you mostly out of harm’s way.
Now although quick Naruga is easy to read; he’ll rear up like a cat when he’sabout to lunge, and whenever he growls and has his front feet spread apart he’sabout to do a frontal attack: either shooting spines or the dreadful tail slam.Do not get hit by the tail slam.
He will primarily jump around a lot, just make sure to follow him in order toget attacks in, stick to the back legs and if he rears up roll to the side thetail won’t hit you on in the transition! Keep this up and you’re golden.

-After lunges, during mini growl

-NOT during snap and growl!!!Commonly mistaken for sign of calming down, but usually leads to death whenthat tail slam hits.

The Floating Dragon: Yama-Tsukami

Prerequisites: LavasiothSighting!, Under the Gaze of Heaven, A King Robed in Smoke, Her EternalMajesty, Wild Monk of the Dunes

Recommended Weapons: IcicleDaggers (DS), Hi Frost Edge (SnS), Ultimus Heaven and Earth (DS), Azure OgreSword (SnS), Edelweiss Ice Blade (LS), Knockout Dragonsword (LS), Master Blaze(GS), Axion (HM), Gold Recorder+(HH), Icicle Blizzard (LNC), Giant HermitaurLance (LNC), Demonic Blizzard (GLC)

Recommended Armor:

Lava Helm X

Lava Mail X

Lava Vambraces X

Lava Tasset X

Lava Greaves X

Gems: 10x Artisan Jewels
Skills: Focus, Guts, Sharpness +1, Terrain Damage Negate, Combine Success-5%, Worry
Def: 555; Fire:20 Wtr:-15 Thdr:0 Ice:0 Drg:5

Strategy: Yama is another bigpushover. After the run up to the area, don’t jump down to fight him – ever.You will be able to get much more damage in fighting him at “eye level”.Firstly, I’ll cover the attacks you need to watch out for.
1)He will rise into the air quickly, his tentacles will go up and fall withhim: fire gas
-run to the back edge of wherever you’re at (against the wall)
2)Rises slowly, begins spinning (possible 1 hit KO)
-as quickly as you can, sheath your weapon and without moving around, press Xto crouch. This is the only way to avoid getting hit from this attack; makesure to wait until it’s over please…
The other attacks are basically just tentacle sweeps. They’re really easy toread as well, just watch for when he turns towards you (as if homing in) thenone side of him will rise – roll out of the way. To avoid getting corneredthough try to run back and forth between the sides of the circle platform. Ifyou keep this up he’ll have a hard time locking you at an edge.
Now, when he homes in on you and his front rises up he’s about to slam. Thereare two types of slams he does.
1) His large tentacles (“arms”) will come down on you – this has the range of aplessy hipcheck at times so watch out. However this is the best opportunity forattacking so go to town!
2) His smaller tentacles, the ones from his face, will come down. Now whateveryou do DO NOT stand in front of him and attack these. Stand to the side of hisface that has the most room where you can run. There is a chance that duringthis attack, if you do not inflict enough damage or if he is seriously PO’d,that he will do his 1 hit KO vacuum attack. During this you can either run andleap off the edge-or you can throw 2-3 tranq bombs at him, causing him to falldown. If you chose the correct path then you can get about a full minute or soof attacks in.
Yama can be annoying to hit some times, just keep with it this is anotherstamina battle.

-Tranq bomb fall – longest consecutive time you’ll get

-Damage fall- inflict enough damage during a grab and he’ll fall for either carving or attacking

-Spitting out Thunderbugs: attack the sides of his mouth

-Any “grab on” attack

The Approaching Gaoren: Shen Gaoren

Prerequisites: Absolute Power,Black Phalanges, Armored Supremacy, Explore the Unexplored, A Single Beam ofMoonlight

Recommended Weapon(s): GraviosFire Lance (LNC), Luna’s Sun (GLC), Dragonsealer “Null” (LNC), Knockout Dragonsword (LS), Wyvernblade “Camellia” (LS), Brunhild (GS), Diablos King Blade (GS), Chaotic Order (HM), Volganos Arpa (HH), Imperial Gunhammer “Spark”(HM), Claw of Doom (HM), Golden Eclipse (SnS), Punishment Blades (DS), Ultimus Heaven and Earth (DS), Azure Ogre Sword (SnS)

Recommended Armor:

Monoblos Helm X

Blango Mail Z
Ceanataur Braces U
Monoblos Coil X

Ceanataur Greaves Z

Gems: 5x Grinder Jewel, 3x Pinch Jewel, 1x Razor Jewel

Skills: Adrenaline +2, Sharp Sword, Sharpen Skill Inc.

Def: 591; Fire:10 Wtr:1 Thdr:-4 Ice:-8 Drg:-1

*1 socket weapon

Garuga Helm X

Ceanataur Mail S

Ceanataur Braces U

Ceanataur Tasset Z
Ceanataur Greaves Z

Gems: 5x Bombardier Jewel, 3x Grinder Jewel, 1x Master Jewel, 1x Defense Jewel*

Skills: Bomber, Sharpening Skill Inc., Sharpness +1, Sharp Sword

Def: 591(w/ 2socketweap.); Fire:8 Wtr:6 Thdr:-2 Ice:-2 Drg:0

*2 socket weapon, or 1 w/o defense  

Strategy: Gaoren is the same all around, just pount him into submission. One good thing to note here is when he “charges up” for his splooge attack on the fortress, you can place bombs near his feet for a little “kick!”, per say.

Absolute Zero: Ukanlos

Prerequisites: The ApproachingGaoren

Recommended Weapons: Punishment Blades (DS), Golden Eclipse (SnS), Wyvernblade “Camellia” (LS), Volganos Arpa (HH), Imperial Gunhammer “Spark” (HM), Volcanic Gig (HH), Gravios Fire Lance(LNC), Luna’s Sun (GLC), Lavasioth Gunlance (GLC)

Recommended Armor:

Diablo Helm Z
Diablo Helm Z
RathSoulVambraces Z
Diablo Coil Z
RathalosSoulGreaves Z

Gems: 5x Grinder, 1x Expert, 4x Razor, 2x Earplug
Skills: High Grade Earplug, Sharpen Skl Inc, Reckless Abandon +1, Sharp Sword

Def: 621; Fire:13 Wtr:-5 Thdr:7 Ice:-6 Drg:-8

Mizuha Cap Shin
Mizuha Guards Shin
Mizuha Sleeves Shin
Mizuha Sash Shin
Mizuha Leg Wrap Shin

Gems: 1x Melt-Proof Jewel, 5x Grinder Jewel

Skills: High Grade Earplug, Frosty Protection (Cold negate, Dragon Wind Resist), Sharpen Skill Inc, Stealth

Def: 601; Fire:-20 Wtr:15 Thdr:0 Ice:20 Drg:-5

Strategy: In many ways, this battle is extremely similar to fighting Akantor. However, the major difference is.. well ice.
If you’d like to go about attacking the head stick to the sides of his head. Attacking him dead on is never a good idea with is ice beam and love for digging. Try to stay on his right side, your left, as his tail attack won’t hit you there. You can roll around to his front to make sure his attention is kept on you attacking from his head and not his side – just be sure to move quickly.
The other option besides merciless rampage ending in your death would be to attack his back right leg. This spot can be pierced with yellow sharpness (for most weapons) and is pretty much a safe spot for anything. The only thing you have to worry about his when he tries to turn to get you. If positioned correctly you won’t stumble but he is rather large. Just keep rolling with him and you should be fine. If you’re with comrades though watch out for his ice beam attack: it can send large glaciers that can hit you there which will of course hurt, and humiliate. Attacking from this leg is also good for when he trips, you can roll to his inside and find a nice “pocket” at which to attack the tail from.
Like Akantor though, he has a scream. When he stands up you need to move regardless; he’ll either have a body slam in store or a scream. This is where attacking the head is nice, as you can read this almost instantly. The final thing you need to watch out for is when he goes underground; he will almost always pop up like a shark and start chasing after you. You cannot outrun him –turn your camera so you can see him and when he gets sort of close, pull a 90 degree superman jump to avoid this.
Just remember to bring plenty of either Hot Drinks, or Megajuices.

-Once coming up from underground

-Immediately after body slam (if you can block) he recovers for a second or 2

Ares_Is_Dead's Helpful Hints to Completing the Monster Hunter Quest:

Fight all the monsters just like you do any other time, when they are single :smileytongue:.  It only seems harder (and it really is) because a) they have full HP unlike all other marathon (epic) quests and b) they are G ranked monsters that you have to fight solo.  

Don't bring flash bombs.  They just take up space in your inventory, instead bring every goddamn health item you can possibly fit in your bag.  That can include lifepowder, max potions, ancient potions, materials to make the above, etc.  Bring what you can while being able to stock up on whatever else you might need.  I used a gun to complete that quest so I needed A LOT of space for ammo.  But if you are planning on using blademaster, that is what you should bring.  Bring some traps too if you have room.  Use those mostly on Tigrex, he is a nasy s.o.b. in this quest.  I tried all different types of weapons and failed every time, I even failed a few times with a gun but then tried again and finally beat that horrible quest.  Whatever weapon you are best with, go with that. 

You just have to keep 1 thing in mind:  this is not a speed run.  You don't need to be careless in order to finish in a certain amount of time, but you also have to remember you are timed and you have to kill 4 G Ranked monsters in 50 mins (no pressure :smileytongue:).

Fight wise the only advice I can really give is be very careful with Rathalos.  I know some of you people think you are the king of Rathalos because you have killed him 250 times, but this one will get the best of you.  For instance, with about...oh 600 defense or more his fireball took me down to about 5 hp.  That is right, his attacks are almost 1 hit kills.  So if you see him fly up in the sky, for once be a coward and go under him to avoid being hit.  Hell even his charge attack is almost a one hit kill.  As a matter of fact I am almost positive he did one shot me with that damn charge.

Tigrex, well, it's tigrex I don't need to say more :smileytongue:.  Fight him just like you do any other time, just be more careful, like I said he is a nasty s.o.b.

Naruga is probably the easiest monster out of them all.  Just dodge his attacks like you always do, don't get bamboozled!  Maybe if you have a trap or two left over from Tigrex (assuming you didn't use them all) now would really be the time to use them.  With how erratic his movements are, you really can't be too careful.  If/when you kill him it is time for....

Rajang.  Thank God he isn't the Super Saiyan Rajang.  I might have put my PSP away and never touched it again if it was.  He is a nasty one though.  Again fight him like any other monster.  For me, I use duals on Rajang typically because it is easier to roll with.  Just keep to his sides, stay away from his front.  You aren't trying to get horns in this quest, you are trying to survive and complete it.  Don't worry about materials.  Just stick to his side and hope for the best.  When you piss him off, watch out for that damn spin attack.  It just might kill you in one shot, like most of his attacks will :smileytongue:. 

White Fatalis Noob's Gunlance Guide

For Solo Hunters

(by Shudmanul)

If you don't like using gunlances, or don't find them much fun, well White Fatalis is the monster that is almost

perfect for gunlancing. I know most people would gun this quest, but it's okay to have a bit of fun, right?  To be honest, I used to hate gunlances, seeing them being too slow and difficult to use, but now, I'm using them regularly. I'm sure you will start enjoying using gunlances too once you go through my guide! :smileyhappy:

First of all, meet the king of disaster

***say hi***

He can kill you easily if you don't have the right equipment, so here are some armor suggestions:

>Sword Saint Piercing

>Lava Mail X

>Ceanataur Vambraces Z

>Lava Tasset X

>Ceanataur Greaves Z

Gems: 2x More Guts Jewel, 1x Turtle Jewel, 1x Defense Jewel, 1x Cutter Jewel, 2x Razor Jewel

Skills: ESP, Guts, Sharp Sword

Def: 541; Fire:12 Wtr:-4 Thdr:-2 Ice:0 Drg:2

*2 socket weapon
**Anti-Fatalis set

***Mainly for World's End (silver los) gunlance 

>Hermitaur Helm Z

>Silver Sol Mail Z
>Hermitaur Vambraces Z
>Hermitaur Tasset Z
>Indra Leggings Shin

Gems: 1x Marathon Jewel, 1x Attack Jewel, 2x Swordsman Jewel, 1x Fierce Jewel, 2x Stone Wall Jewel

Skills: Guts, Attack Up (Small), Guard +1, ESP

Def: 601; Fire:0 Wtr:11 Thdr:-5 Ice:-10 Drg:2

*created by VengefuTorture

Weapon Suggestions:

World's End (silver los)    -   Highly Recommended

Large Popcorn

TrueBlkDrgnGunlance    -    Requires RA+2, but very powerful

White Cannon G

Items to bring:                                                 In case you forgot:

-power talon/charm                                             well done steak + power extract = mega juice :smileyhappy: 

-armour talon/charm                                           dragon toadstool + mega nutrients = max potion

-5x mega juice                                                    imunizer + kelbi horn = ancient potion

-10x mega potion

-10x potion

-10x herbs

-20x whetstones

-2x max potion

-1x ancient potion

-10x well done steak

-10x power extract

-5x dragon toadstool

-5x mega nutrients

-10x imunizer

-10x kelbi horn 

-book of combos 1-5 

-2 optional items 

Now that you've chosen your weapon (and armor), let's start with the basics (non-armor mode)

Guarding takes up stamina, so be high on mega juice to play comfortably:smileyhappy: 

Always be infront and facing of the King of Disaster, just slightly infront of the head.

Position yourself wrong, and this will happen :smileytongue: 

Remember, you and your funlance have the great gift from above :smileyhappy: The Shield.

You can guard against almost all of White Fatties attacks, including the

fireballs and lightning attacks without the use of the GuardInc skill. 

3. White Fatalises head goes up and down while he walks on spot. If you time 

it right with the triangle+circle attack, you can do some serious damage to

his head if you hit it enough times, though this takes a little practice.

Remember to jump back after every attack you do. For every shell you fire,

press triangle and jump away from fattie. Do not go to the side unless you are

trying to commit suicide :smileyindifferent: Keep in mind that when there is a red electric aura

around fatalis, it does not mean that he is in armor mode. It could only mean

that he is simply pissed. Fattie enters armor mode at <50% health, and becomes

impenetratable. That's why the ESP skill is a must for fatalis. When he is at 10%

health, he will shed blood again. As long as he is penetratable on the head with

blue sharpness, he is not in armor mode. 

While in non-rage mode, when you attack his head with the triangle+circle attack,

you can fire an extra shell at his head right after attacking to deal more damage. 

Never do this if he is in rage mode or armor mode...

Or he'll fly into the air and rape you to the best of his ability, OHKO-ing you :smileysad: 

How do you avoid this? This will be explained in the next part :smileyhappy:

Avoiding Fattie's Attacks 

White Fatalis has quite a few attacks. In this part, I will explain how to avoid them and how to counter-attack. 

****-(damage rating 1-4 star) 

1. ***Body Slam (unlike regular Fatalis, White Fatalis doesn't snap and drag) 

How to avoid: simply guard using the R button (you should know this :smileytongue:

If you have slow reflexes and fail to press R, don't play this game anymore,

the monster's are too fast for you ................I'm joking:smileywink:. Most likely, you

will be able to tell if he is going to body slam or not and be able to guard

against it, unless you didn't read what I wrote at the beginning :smileyindifferent: In case you 

forgot, "Always be infront and facing of the King of Disaster, just slightly

infront of the head."

2. **Standing Lightning Ball- stands on one spot and fires a huge ball of lightning.

How to avoid: simply guard or move to the side. If you're on the side attack is

head if you can. 

3. **Lightning Claw - Strikes a claw from one side to another

How to avoid: You should not be anywhere near his stomach, unless he walked towards you.

Use the gift from the heavens (shield) if you're too close to his stomach. If you're infront of his

head, attack when his head his halfway from getting back up with triangle+circle attack

after clawing. When in non rage mode, Fattie will stomp both his feet and then use the

lightning claw. In rage mode, he will do it at random times. You can still counter attack

if you're infront at the right spot. 

4.***Instant Lightning ball - White Fattie instantly flies into the air as he spits a lightning ball infront of him.

How to avoid: Remeber to stay infront of the head at all times. You WILL be

able to tell when he may do this. He will move his head back and jump into the

air, firing a lightning ball. Most of the time in non-rage mode, he will do this 

attack and will fly down 80% of the time. He will then either come chase you in

low mid air and try to hit you with a lightning ball or stay up there and fire three

balls at you (he may even to to the edge of the map. Keep your camera facing

him at all times. If he moves his head back, run as far away as you can. Each

time he fires a lightning ball, it will go furthur and further. If you are far away

from him, watch out for the third ball as it doesthe most damage and has the

best accuracy. Keep your distance and you will be just fine. If you go into the

wind without dragon wind breaker, you're screwed.

When in rage/armor mode, there is a slight chance of doing this attack, but

most of the time he will jump into the air firing nothing. There is a chance of this

happening in non-rage mode, but going under the shadow is simply enough.

In rage/armor mode, he will fly to the edge of the map and fly down towards you

extremely fast. Easiest thing to do here is guard. You can panic dive as well, but

guarding is a lot simpler. When he lands after firing three balls, attack his head

relentlessly as he lands. 

5. ****Flying Claw - Fatalis flies into low air instanty after walking and takes you 

out instantly, unless you have the guts skill.

How to avoid: Guard :smileyhappy:

6. (* to ***)Rains of Destruction - Fattie steps forward and summons lightning to the ground.

As he summons lightning, attack his stomach with triangle+circle. This takes

some practice as you have to keep your distance or else you will get pushed by

his stomach and take damage. Also watch out on YOUR right since there is a

chance of a lightning bolt landing there. When you get this right, attack the

stomach in this pattern, triangle+circle,>triangle>step back. You may have

seen many people fire two shells, but the second shell does not do any damage

at all as I have seen with my HP display hack. 

7. *Foot damage.

How to avoid - don't go near it's feet you fool! 

8. *Swinging tail

How to avoid - don't be and idiot and attack the tail...:smileyindifferent:

9. Scream 

How to avoid: Guard dammit! Guard! Before he screams, he will raise his arms.

Also you can tell by actually hearing the scream for a spit second and then guarding.

10. Cowardly Rains of Destruction - White Fata flies to the top of the tower and summons lightning.

How to avoid: Go to furthest edge of the semi-circle piece sticking out of the

tower and keep running. 75% of the time, no lightning will come there. Once

in a while, a white spot may be upon you. Simply panic dive to avoid getting

electricuted. While he is coming back down from the top, take the time to

heal up, sharpen your weapon, etc. When he comes back down, attack his head 

in this sequence: triangle,>circle,>triangle,>circle,>triangle,>step
back. Do this

every time he lands.

It will be a long fight but,

If you follow my guide correctly these should occur:

+many more images, but I'm to lazy to add them here now. 

In four to five rounds you should have a very good pet fatalis like this :smileytongue:

Keep in mind, once fata goes into armor mode, you only do 10% damage. If you fail

the quest or run out of time, fail it. Once you initiate that quest again, it will be at

the health you left it at the time you failed the quest. You should be be able to go

through the first three rounds at least without failing. Once you hit 4000 health,

fata will become extremely weak and may take more damage than usual.

Good luck:smileywink:  You'lle need it :smileytongue:  

Message Edited by VengefulTorture on 01-08-2010 08:33 AM
Message 34 of 95 (168 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Jan 8, 2010

@ shadowynne

haha np man. It's great that you love your gunlance maybe you can improve this guide when your at white fattie. I'm sure you'lle be using GL much more than me

@Vengeful

Your welcome :smileytongue: Seriously, It was only 20 min's of work, nothing much special. Just put in what I could think of at the moment.

Message 35 of 95 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2631 posts

Jan 8, 2010

shudmanul wrote:

@ shadowynne

haha np man. It's great that you love your gunlance maybe you can improve this guide when your at white fattie. I'm sure you'lle be using GL much more than me

@Vengeful

Your welcome :smileytongue: Seriously, It was only 20 min's of work, nothing much special. Just put in what I could think of at the moment.

Oh well nevermind then, i take back what i said and i'm putting a stamp of "Lazy" on the top of your guide. 

Heh nah i don't have a lazy stamp; and i like the pictures btw! Definitely a nice addition (i am NOT doing this haha) 

Message 36 of 95 (168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Jan 8, 2010

VengefulTorture wrote:

shudmanul wrote:

@ shadowynne

@Vengeful

Oh well nevermind then, i take back what i said and i'm putting a stamp of "Lazy" on the top of your guide. 

Heh nah i don't have a lazy stamp; and i like the pictures btw! Definitely a nice addition (i am NOT doing this haha) 

Haha thanks though getting the pics was quite a pain lol, especially trying to capture lightning balls.

Message 37 of 95 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25302 posts

Jan 8, 2010

VengefulTorture wrote:

This guide is by no means a bible. It was made to answer frequently asked questions on difficult urgents as they are "the next step". It attempts to lay out recommendations for hunters to get a feel for where they should be at. Nothing in here is meant to be said as "The Law" or "How you should do this no questions asked". 

and all this time i thought you had to do all the quests to advance in HR when you really only had to do like 5 or 6 select missions to move up. dang it dang it dang it. im all the way to HR 8 now after finding this out which kinda sucks but whatever

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. :smileytongue:

Get your Portable ID!
Message 38 of 95 (168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Jan 8, 2010
***currently workin on crimson and regular fatalis guide. I'll try to make them smaller this time lol.

Message 39 of 95 (168 Views)
0 Likes