Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2009
By: Dagger_32 PlayStation MVP 1617 posts

Wow, thanks for keeping the camp safe...and taking all the supplies...

28 replies 12 views Edited Jan 20, 2009

I am at the point in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 where I have all the weapons/armors I want so I don't really NEED anything....except Zenny to make weapons and armors I don't really need but want to collect, you all know how that goes. Anyways, that means I am pretty much open to any quest and always willing to help fellow hunters. It's a great way to earn Zenny plus I hate picking the quest, when you're helping someone you never have to pick the quest.

I have noticed lately a lot of the people I help are more concerned with making sure the base is safe then actually killing any monsters. Now don't get me wrong, I understand not being able to take Dual Tigrex Urgent by yourself the moment you get it, but if you are asking anyone for help you should be willing to at least pull your own weight. If your armor is not up to par with the monster WE are killing go offline and SOLO in the village quests. Learn the monsters attacks so you can at least get a few hits in and know when to evade. You will never learn how to actually play Monster Hunter if you spend all your time at the base. I would rather you die trying (and LEARNING) then you be pissed when I kill the monster and you don't make it for carves. You will get kicked from my room if you are leeching and get pissed you missed out on carves, you will not get kicked from my room if you die trying to help out.

Other tips for the leechers:

If you need to go mine for ore then say so, cause in the back of my mind I am thinking about how much I could sale that ore for...

If you are absolutely clueless on how to fight the monster then say so.  My friend and I helped someone out with their Dual Tigrex Urgent. He admitted he did not know how to fight him. That was ok with us because he was bringing a hunting horn, which would not only boost our stats but also distract the Tigrex and make him bite the wall. (He played his horn a ledge away from the Tigrex) It was quite helpful! So this leads to another tip...

...bring supplies! Flashes, traps, lifepowders, anything you can think of that could help out!

Consider your weapon, if you are just going to be hiding on a safe ledge away from the monster....why not use a bow or gun? You can also use a hunting horn to boost the stats of the ones doing the killing.

Once again I will say go offline and do the Village quests, LEARN how to read the monster's moves. It is possible not even need armor if you can evade.

I hope this doesn't sound like too much of a rant, I just am sick of all the leechers who do not want to take the time to learn to play. Leeching to get your armor/weapon is just about the same as just using a cheat code to get your armor/weapon. 

If you are going to stand in the base doing nothing, why even play?

Message 1 of 29 (12 Views)
Fender Bender
3841 posts

Re: Wow, thanks for keeping the camp safe...and taking all the supplies...

Jan 20, 2009

I believe this post is Kudos worthy

Well said Dagger, well said.

Message Edited by Ares_Is_Dead on 01-20-2009 03:39 PM
>
Message 2 of 29 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jan 21, 2009
As a fellow hunter and someone who has logged hundreds of hours questing with Dagger I would like to echo the the thoughts in this post. I too have nothing left to beat. I play because I enjoy it and like to collect odd weapons and equipment until Monster Hunter Unite is released. I have no problen helping anyone with any quest as long as they want my help and not just me to do their quest for them. Win or lose it's all about having fun and enjoying the game. I would rather we all work together on a quest and fail it than feel like I am being used so some jerk can just be lazy and have me do all the work for them. Hope to see you all online.
Message 3 of 29 (12 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Jan 21, 2009

i dont help people who want for me to do the job .....

well done dagger !

Message 4 of 29 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Jan 21, 2009

see now I like this thread... why cant everyone be like this

I needed help on some quests and my friend kept getting pissed when I dies ( he's very selfish)

it gets annoying

Hr 5 (growing SLOWLY)
Games:MHF2
130+ hours(no longer on toxicat's PSP (YAY!!!)
Message 5 of 29 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1381 posts

Jan 21, 2009

Leechers

Fight until there is one death left before failing
Most people are fine with you sitting out at that point

Since you atleast made an attempt to help
Also it helps you learn the monster

Playing Dissidia

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
Zuyx - Sword and Shield HR: 9
Faith - Heavy Bowgun HR: 9
xLink Tag: Zuyx
Message 6 of 29 (12 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1617 posts

Jan 21, 2009

J_R_ wrote:
As a fellow hunter and someone who has logged hundreds of hours questing with Dagger I would like to echo the the thoughts in this post. I too have nothing left to beat. I play because I enjoy it and like to collect odd weapons and equipment until Monster Hunter Unite is released. I have no problen helping anyone with any quest as long as they want my help and not just me to do their quest for them. Win or lose it's all about having fun and enjoying the game. I would rather we all work together on a quest and fail it than feel like I am being used so some jerk can just be lazy and have me do all the work for them. Hope to see you all online.

LOL! We have no lives! Here's to hundreds more hours!

Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad to see most people seem to agree!

Message 7 of 29 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jan 21, 2009

Dagger_32 wrote:

LOL! We have no lives! Here's to hundreds more hours!

I think what life we have left will be in serious trouble when Unite is released in a couple months

Message 8 of 29 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
477 posts

Jan 22, 2009
Just gave you a Kudos, Dagger. I agree with everything you said. Leechers are lazy players. No one gets better by just having everything handed to them.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GTA isn't a game for guys who still think girls have cooties.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Message 9 of 29 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Feb 1, 2009
Amazing point. I have yet to go online, but before i do i'll make sure i can pull my own weight, even if i'm meh at MHF2.
Message 10 of 29 (12 Views)
0 Likes